Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 18-01-2017, 08:18 AM
Pathfinder
Unhappy Please help, best friends dog dying this morning

I would so appreciate your loving, healing thoughts this morning. My best friend that lives in Carlisle (lake district) England has a beautiful family dog.. black Labrador ( Star) . A rescue dog she was adopted by my friend and her two kids ( she adopted them too..brother and sister ) and now their beloved dog is most likely passing shortly.

Star is an old girl ( 13 ) and has been suffering from an ageing dementia type illness for a while now, but somehow managed to sustain a quality of life that meant it was never the 'right time' to put her to sleep and any major blips she always recovered from an just kept on going.
Well my friend messaged me this morning saying she has been up all night with her, star is so agitated an distressed,pacing, shaking etc.
The vet will not do a visit until lunchtime and she is trying to get her kids ready and off to school without them becoming too concerned, while dealing with the suffering of Star and her own personal anguish, and just trying to hold it together.

Thank you in advance everybody. I so appreciate your kindness
Love and light
Sarah xx
Old 18-01-2017, 01:41 PM
Master
Wishing all the very best for Star.
Old 18-01-2017, 04:19 PM
Experiencer

So sad...my heart goes out to Star and her adoptive mom and family. Is it the suffering your friend is having a hard time with or is it the idea of death...perhaps not knowing if animals (or even humans) have consciousness that survives death?

If it's the suffering, there isn't much one can do but remain with and comfort the poor babe. If it's the contemplation if consciousness survives death, maybe my story can help.

I'm in the USA. I was born into and raised traditional Christian (Lutheran). I began to question Christianity in my late teens in the late 60's, eventually becoming atheist. Years later (90's) my partner and I adopted a dog, Mitzi. I and my partner loved that dog, but she developed a kidney infection that the vet missed, and at 7 years of age we had to have her put down. Her passing affected me so much...she "communicated" with me telepathically informing me of her soon to be death before we knew of her situation...I began to question if we indeed have a soul, spirit, consciousness that survives death. I wondered so deeply about it I said a prayer asking if it was so. Instantly, I got a message that yes, all living things have a "soul" and they all go to the same place after "death". I wondered if I was just subconsciously telling myself I "received" this message, but there was that telepathic thing concerning her message to me about being sick and leaving soon. So, I did research in which I found the Book of Mary Magdalene. I'm not a big fan of the bible, but I believe there are some truths in it. The translation of that book clearly spoke to me about all living things having a "soul" and reincarnation.

A couple years later we adopted another dog, Cookie. I soon forgot about all that I'd experienced with Mitzi, telling myself it was just my way of coping with her death, and returning to an atheistic outlook. Then in 2007 I had a heart attack and with it a NDE. What I experienced and my perception during the NDE changed me in the fact that knowing our consciousness not only goes on after "death", but that the reality of existence is not this life, but is in that place our spirits go to after "death".
I also did much research on NDEs and found many instances of meeting former pets, and even one where a woman wasn't very close to people but loved horses. She was met by her favorite horse who had been put down not too long before she had her NDE.

Last spring we had to put Cookie down due to crippling arthritis. We took her to the vet to have the sad deed done. About 15 minutes after it had been done, I felt overwhelmingly strong feeling of joyous wonder from her, a thank you and letting me know that before she would not have wanted to leave this plane, but after she now understands and is thankful for releasing her from this plane with her pain.

I hope my story is of help if that's what needed of your friend, 7th Sister. All the best to you, your friend and her family, and of course, Star.
Namaste.
Old 18-01-2017, 04:52 PM
Knower
Star is a great name. I wish her all the best! <3
Old 18-01-2017, 07:48 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinet noir
Wishing all the very best for Star.

Thank you so much. She passed peacefully in my friends arm about two hours after I posted the message.

Love and light to you .xx
Old 18-01-2017, 07:52 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARDAV70
So sad...my heart goes out to Star and her adoptive mom and family. Is it the suffering your friend is having a hard time with or is it the idea of death...perhaps not knowing if animals (or even humans) have consciousness that survives death?

If it's the suffering, there isn't much one can do but remain with and comfort the poor babe. If it's the contemplation if consciousness survives death, maybe my story can help.

I'm in the USA. I was born into and raised traditional Christian (Lutheran). I began to question Christianity in my late teens in the late 60's, eventually becoming atheist. Years later (90's) my partner and I adopted a dog, Mitzi. I and my partner loved that dog, but she developed a kidney infection that the vet missed, and at 7 years of age we had to have her put down. Her passing affected me so much...she "communicated" with me telepathically informing me of her soon to be death before we knew of her situation...I began to question if we indeed have a soul, spirit, consciousness that survives death. I wondered so deeply about it I said a prayer asking if it was so. Instantly, I got a message that yes, all living things have a "soul" and they all go to the same place after "death". I wondered if I was just subconsciously telling myself I "received" this message, but there was that telepathic thing concerning her message to me about being sick and leaving soon. So, I did research in which I found the Book of Mary Magdalene. I'm not a big fan of the bible, but I believe there are some truths in it. The translation of that book clearly spoke to me about all living things having a "soul" and reincarnation.

A couple years later we adopted another dog, Cookie. I soon forgot about all that I'd experienced with Mitzi, telling myself it was just my way of coping with her death, and returning to an atheistic outlook. Then in 2007 I had a heart attack and with it a NDE. What I experienced and my perception during the NDE changed me in the fact that knowing our consciousness not only goes on after "death", but that the reality of existence is not this life, but is in that place our spirits go to after "death".
I also did much research on NDEs and found many instances of meeting former pets, and even one where a woman wasn't very close to people but loved horses. She was met by her favorite horse who had been put down not too long before she had her NDE.

Last spring we had to put Cookie down due to crippling arthritis. We took her to the vet to have the sad deed done. About 15 minutes after it had been done, I felt overwhelmingly strong feeling of joyous wonder from her, a thank you and letting me know that before she would not have wanted to leave this plane, but after she now understands and is thankful for releasing her from this plane with her pain.

I hope my story is of help if that's what needed of your friend, 7th Sister. All the best to you, your friend and her family, and of course, Star.
Namaste.

Oh my goodness thank you so much Mardav your story is so touching and enlightening and I will surely share it with my friend once she feels ready. Star passed over two hours after my post, peacefully in my friends arms.
Love and light to you xx
Old 18-01-2017, 07:53 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacier Serenade
Star is a great name. I wish her all the best! <3

Thank you very much. I can same the same with regards to your name...just beautiful !!

Love and light xx
Old 19-01-2017, 03:59 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th Sister
Oh my goodness thank you so much Mardav your story is so touching and enlightening and I will surely share it with my friend once she feels ready. Star passed over two hours after my post, peacefully in my friends arms.
Love and light to you xx

Oh, my. I'm sorry for the sadness that Star's adoptive family will feel for "losing" their beloved friend. But, having an idea of what Star must be experiencing after leaving this plane, I'm so very happy for her. It's so touching that Star passed in your friends arms.
It may sound quirky...even morbid to some...but "death" really is a beautiful thing. From what I learned and what others have told of their NDEs it's a rebirth into the reality of existence. I think those of us who've had a NDE and understand it come to realize this.

Thank you for your kind words, 7th Sister. I'm honored you feel my story is worthy to pass on to your friend.
Love and light to you also.
Old 19-01-2017, 04:37 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th Sister
Thank you very much. I can same the same with regards to your name...just beautiful !!

Love and light xx
Thank you I like your aliteration in yours also :P

Glad to know she passed peacefully
Old 19-01-2017, 05:39 PM
Pathfinder
Thank you both, really much appreciated !

My other friend sent her this, another avid dog lover and Mummy to two miniature dachshunds. A beautiful poem indeed...

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigour. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...