Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 21-03-2020, 11:21 AM
Master
Bunny Laughter

I strongly believe that laughter is the best medicine, and today there are counselors who use “laughter therapy” with their clients. Good belly laughs seem to short circuit our mind and take us away from everyday concerns. But there are also those who will laugh at everything as a way of hiding as in “nervous laughter.” Laughter is definitely a stress reducer.

But generally people laugh at things that otherwise might be considered ridiculous or stupid; we laugh at things that are not within the normal range of our perception. Prior to the Wright Brothers people laughed at the idea of man being able to fly. It was considered a stupid idea back then. Incongruity seems to provoke laughter; thus the saying “if it were not so sad it would be funny.”

Laughter can also be very healing; a book called “Anatomy of and Illness,” By Norman Cousins describes how when he was diagnosed with and incurable illness he had a movie projector bought into his hospital room and watched reel after reel of old classic comedy movies, laughing himself into hysterics, and found he could relieve a lot of his otherwise significant pain through laughter.

Next to love, laughter has been described as the second-most powerful emotion we can express. Laughter is contagious; once it starts little can be done to stop it. If we can find ways to laugh first thing in the morning, it may even set the trend for the rest of the day. But most importantly is the ability to laugh at ourselves; although there are many who do not like it when others are laughing at them.

Joy is inherent in the fabric of spirit; joy to the point of rapture. A sort of spiritual or emotional ecstasy. In spiritual terms joy has a very rich and thick presence, and laughter comes out of joy; it renews the heart and the mind. The origin of holidays, or holy days, came from providing a time for mirth, celebration and laughter. It is interesting that people back then thought that a time was needed to be set aside for laughter. Laughter is a positive drug, a powerful medicine which we all possess.
Old 21-03-2020, 11:32 AM
Master
Yes, very needed at times like these especially. I knew someone recently that was still making us laugh even though she'd only got a few days left in this life. Was an inspiration!
Old 21-03-2020, 08:21 PM
Master

I believe that all our thoughts and emotions generate thought-forms that materialize in our lives as similar situations. We create our realities.

As fear, anger and such, eventually materialize in situations in-like, to avoid them, better replace those emotions with positive emotions. The idea is to change your way of thinking and feeling in general (all the time), and leave no room for negative feelings.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 21-03-2020, 08:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
I strongly believe that laughter is the best medicine, and today there are counselors who use “laughter therapy” with their clients. Good belly laughs seem to short circuit our mind and take us away from everyday concerns. But there are also those who will laugh at everything as a way of hiding as in “nervous laughter.” Laughter is definitely a stress reducer.

But generally people laugh at things that otherwise might be considered ridiculous or stupid; we laugh at things that are not within the normal range of our perception. Prior to the Wright Brothers people laughed at the idea of man being able to fly. It was considered a stupid idea back then. Incongruity seems to provoke laughter; thus the saying “if it were not so sad it would be funny.”

Laughter can also be very healing; a book called “Anatomy of and Illness,” By Norman Cousins describes how when he was diagnosed with and incurable illness he had a movie projector bought into his hospital room and watched reel after reel of old classic comedy movies, laughing himself into hysterics, and found he could relieve a lot of his otherwise significant pain through laughter.

Next to love, laughter has been described as the second-most powerful emotion we can express. Laughter is contagious; once it starts little can be done to stop it. If we can find ways to laugh first thing in the morning, it may even set the trend for the rest of the day. But most importantly is the ability to laugh at ourselves; although there are many who do not like it when others are laughing at them.

Joy is inherent in the fabric of spirit; joy to the point of rapture. A sort of spiritual or emotional ecstasy. In spiritual terms joy has a very rich and thick presence, and laughter comes out of joy; it renews the heart and the mind. The origin of holidays, or holy days, came from providing a time for mirth, celebration and laughter. It is interesting that people back then thought that a time was needed to be set aside for laughter. Laughter is a positive drug, a powerful medicine which we all possess.
Laughter is very effective against bad energies and evil spirits.When Archangel Michael was working over my energy body,i couldn't stop laughing.
The same happened with Raphael.

Thanks for reminding me the importance of laughter.
Old 22-03-2020, 07:54 AM
Master
Just a few days ago i was running outdoors and out of nowhere i just burst out in laughter while running. Don't know why, just happened. I often get random giggles ever since i was a kid. A blessing to naturally have during times when people are panicking.

People underestimate laughter and having a sense of humor. I feel stress and anxiety causes more damage than people realize.

Humor is medicine.
Old 22-03-2020, 08:09 AM
Master
Same here with the random laughter. Bit inconvenient when they're having a meeting at work, but still I think it's just the ridiculousness of the situation. The laughter is a stress reliever.
Old 22-03-2020, 08:26 AM
Master
The problem is that people often think they need a reason to be happy but they don’t. We often hear someone say to someone else “what are you smiling about, or why are you so happy." I guess some feel you need a reason to be sad so you should also need a reason to be happy, but laugher and happiness is unreasonable. In my opinion you do not need a reason to be happy.

That is like saying you need a reason to feel love. But unfortunately often people who laugh for no reason at all are considered looney. We have allowed reasoning to hijack spontaneity. Laughter is spontaneous and it has little to do with external circumstances or even thoughts. Joy is inside of us all, it is just a matter of feeling it.
Old 22-03-2020, 02:37 PM
Master
We emphasize love but rarely mention laughter. But then, laughter seems to be a major facet of love.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 22-03-2020, 03:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman

Some people use laughter for pain management
and when under stress like people world wide are under, laughter might play a key role in surviving and then recovery.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 22-03-2020, 03:16 PM
Guide
2 weeks ago I went to the grocery store to get salt and mothballs. I had been hearing about the "toilet paper crisis" and decided to go to that ailse and see for myself. At that time there was not one roll of toilet paper but there were still paper towels and napkins and face tissue. I decided to get a packet of paper towels but I did not get face tissue because all they had left was Puffs. LOL! I found mothballs and salt so I got two boxes of each, then I decided to get lunch meat as I was getting low. I had already told my sister about the "toilet paper crisis" and we had made some zombie jokes. The lines were exceedingly long for a mid day week day at that store and I actually saw a zombie trying to push a cart with 8 cases of 24 bottles of water. She had nothing else in the cart. The woman in front of me and I had been talking and I pointed out the zombie, calling her a zombie and we both laughed a little.

I talked to my sister that day and told her that there was no toilet paper in my local grocer. She had to go Walmart the next day and called me. No toilet paper.

So our greeting when we call each other is "Do you have toilet paper." and then we both laugh like loons for a few minutes. What else can you do but laugh about "the toilet paper crisis of 2020"?