Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 13-01-2020, 03:03 PM
Experiencer

The sperm cell racing towards the egg is similar to a soul wanting to incarnate and enter the world. Thus, in an analogy, the egg is the world and the soul is the sperm. They are conscious of what they need to do.

The gates of hell open at the top of a hill, the souls run up the stairs, fighting each other along to way to see who will be the one to escape and find hope in a new body of flesh. Only one will make it, while the countless multitude will have to wait for another chance, another time.

Am I in the wrong thread...
My words of wisdom: Every civilization wishes to serve the Deity, but they can only do so to the extent of their wisdom and justice. & The greatest religious revelation is the correct interpretation of the things in the sky.
Old 13-01-2020, 03:12 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordnael
The sperm cell racing towards the egg is similar to a soul wanting to incarnate and enter the world. Thus, in an analogy, the egg is the world and the soul is the sperm. They are conscious of what they need to do.

The gates of hell open at the top of a hill, the souls run up the stairs, fighting each other along to way to see who will be the one to escape and find hope in a new body of flesh. Only one will make it, while the countless multitude will have to wait for another chance, another time.

Thats a good way of looking at it.
Old 13-01-2020, 03:24 PM
leadville

Quote:

yes!
Old 13-01-2020, 03:29 PM
leadville

Quote:

The analogy is flawed. A soul/spirit doesn't race and it doesn't race towards the world. Its decision is considered, guided, supported but personal. Its resolve is strong but there's not - for most all - any need other than its own. Its journey is towards bringing about a single new incarnation.

For most souls/spirits this world would turn just fine without their involvement. And yes you're in the wrong thread!
Old 13-01-2020, 03:31 PM
hazada guess

As you all know,I,m a spiritualist.I don't think that there is any soul in either the egg or the sperm before fertilisation,but maybe the soul has chosen it's parents already and is hovering around till the point of fertilisation to incarnate.(Just a thought,I may be wrong.)
Old 13-01-2020, 03:31 PM
leadville

to repeat

Scientists and biologists know much about those two, tiny living things but here's something I often wonder about. Where does the 'life energy' of the sperm come from?

The egg is part of a female's body, presumably alive for the same reason the woman is alive. Sperms are alive presumably for the same reason a man is alive. Using the phrase I often use, one could say both egg and sperms are alive due to the 'energy' of the spirit animating a woman and the spirit animating a man. But what keeps sperms alive for the period after they have left the man's body, enter the woman's body and before an egg gets fertilised? When a spirit/soul leaves a body that body ceases to function - it dies. Yet sperms leave a man's body and they survive for a time inside another one.

What keeps those sperms alive?
Old 13-01-2020, 03:35 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadville
Scientists and biologists know much about those two, tiny living things but here's something I often wonder about. Where does the 'life energy' of the sperm come from?

The egg is part of a female's body, presumably alive for the same reason the woman is alive. Sperms are alive presumably for the same reason a man is alive. Using the phrase I often use, one could say both egg and sperms are alive due to the 'energy' of the spirit animating a woman and the spirit animating a man. But what keeps sperms alive for the period after they have left the man's body, enter the woman's body and before an egg gets fertilised? When a spirit/soul leaves a body that body ceases to function - it dies. Yet sperms leave a man's body and they survive for a time inside another one.

What keeps those sperms alive?
I think I know what you were getting at.Good question,I can't really answer.
Old 13-01-2020, 03:37 PM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
As you all know,I,m a spiritualist.I don't think that there is any soul in either the egg or the sperm before fertilisation,but maybe the soul has chosen it's parents already and is hovering around till the point of fertilisation to incarnate.(Just a thought,I may be wrong.)

And I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Brit. Spiritualist too. (note the upper case 'S' http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=133452 )

A soul/spirit isn't 'in' either an egg, a sperm or a body. In the situation of our bodies our spirits interpenetrate each and every 'tiny part' (the best way I can put it) that make it up, the whole body alive because a spirit is animating it.

Your suggestion that a spirit/soul might be "hovering around" waiting for fertlisation to occur could be correct but is another issue and doesn't address the point I asked - what 'energy', what/whose 'life force' is keeping the sperm alive after it's left the man's body?
Old 13-01-2020, 03:42 PM
hazada guess

Dunno,beat's me but I should imagine sperm has genes that are programmed for just that reason to fertilise the females egg(with its own genes once fertilization has taken place genes merge and hey presto,you have a new life forming.(Just a thought).
Old 13-01-2020, 03:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadville
Could be which life force?

…..The soul.