Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 13-01-2020, 05:51 PM
janielee

As usual, Jyotir just nails it,

Jl
Old 14-01-2020, 05:12 AM
Newbie ;)

Thanks for the profound answers guys.

My fears have reduced now. I guess it's just my ego i.e false-self exercising it's self preservation.
Old 16-01-2020, 09:59 AM
Knower

Hello,

I had the same fear and i wrote about that in this forum as fear of enlightenment which is the same thing.

Since i went through the same fear for some time, ill tell you how it first got me and then how i got it :p (maybe it helps)

So i had no fear when i started to meditate, everything was going fine, i used to remain positive, keep positive thoughts all the time and all that business we do.

After i had a energy experience things changed. I saw the power of cosmos and i was terrified, i thought it would kill me, i thought as if i am noone and all what is is that energy and it can overwhelm me anytime. I thought i was close to Moksha and that i will lose myself and all this.

Part of me still wanted Moksha but other part of me was terrified of it, was resisting it.

You know we all can give you answers and make you satisfied for a while but you mind will get back to that fear again and again. And i want you to know this that this is the process, yes, you are part of the process in which you are seeing your fears from a deeper level and DONT RUN AWAY FROM IT.

One day when youll truly not try to run away from it and accept it and see of what it is. It will vanish like it never existed. But it needs awareness to see the body which resists fear by tensing the muscles, see that, see your whole organism under fear, how it works and how it reacts and then only you can let go of it.

If i want to give you a precise answer of why do you have this fear of Moksha.
If you look at it closely, youll find that it is the fear of Unknown and ultimately the fear of Death.

Because you want to get enlightened to enjoy life not to die . lol
I can go into much detail. But that will deviate from the topic and you might not be able to relate.

But just remember that its a process. be calm and it will soon pass away.
And yes, i follow sadhguru alot aswell, but also Alan Watts and J Krishnamurti.
Old 19-01-2020, 06:37 AM
Master

moksha - self realization -liberation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivyanshuChangkakoti
I've gone across many of Sadhguru's articles and videos on Moksha but an article in particular named Spirituality Means Self-Destruction raised those fearful questions in my head.

Moksha is self-realization - liberation as pointed out by NoOne. That is correct. While we can dispute with choice of words many spiritualists and gurus use , one thing is correct that u have to orient more spiritually in life which eventually also means u have to reduce (not eliminate ) material orientation. Genuine spiritual gurus mean to increase spiritual orientation without asking to eliminate the material orientation . Elimination of material orientation is not possible and hence undesirable & not required.

Sometimes spiritual people / leaders use words inter-changeably / loosely to describe certain phenomenon . You need to see the context / other speeches / writing to derive the real meaning of it.

So I would request you to explore Sadhguru's more speeches / writings to get the real meaning he conveys . I believe you can also raise questions to him for more clarifications/elaborations.
Old 13-02-2020, 09:36 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
I follow Sadhguru and I've watched a lot of his videos that dive into deep spiritual waters. As a result, it became clear to me that the spiritual process is not a process of growth but one of self-annihilation.

The end goal of the entire spiritual process to dismantle the karmic shell that holds your life within it and ultimately merge with the universe. Basically, you cease to exist and are freed from the whole cycle of birth and death. Sadhguru gives a great analogy of a soap bubble bursting which results in the air within it merging and become one with the air all around.

This ultimate annihilation of self that waits at the end of the spiritual journey doesn't sound very attractive to me. In fact, it makes me very scared and reluctant to begin my spiritual journey. I'd rather remain trapped in the cycle of birth and death retaining my consciousness and individual identity than to attain moksha (ultimate liberation/annihilation which I talked about above). Despite this fact, why are so many willingly walking down the spiritual path to attain moksha? Why would anyone want to stop existing altogether? Do I have a wrong idea about it? Is moksha something to be afraid of?

Sorry if it seems like a lot but these are some of the burning questions that have been bothering me lately. I would really really appreciate it if someone could clarify this for me with legitimate answers.

Thank You
Moksha from what exactly? What do you want to be free of? Otherwise, what is your desire in this spiritual journey of yours?

I will tell you that whatever can be attained by a human with his own effort will never be perfect, try as he might to approach perfection.

If we are to speak of Moksha/Liberation, then we are to talk of being free from the effects of Maya upon our self, of course Maya will try and touch us, but Maya will not affect us. But how can we attain Moksha if we are imprisoned in Maya? Maya is a prison, and by human effort, a prisoner can escape from prison... That just makes him an escape convict & Maya will continue to pursue him again and again and again.

For Moksha to be realised, knowing that Maya Is an Illusion, the only thing that can defend us against Maya is Truth. Where did Maya come from anyway, after all, we live in a kind of Moksha not so? We have Conscious attainment of Moksha from Truth; we have become Maya-Conscious... So we are already in a state of Moksha from something :)

To be free from Maya, we need the power of Truth, and therefore, we should aim at seeking the Consciousness of Truth as that Power to liberate us from Maya. Let Truth-Consciousness come and dwell in us, that should be our prayer, our meditation, our Sadhana, because Maya is simply the absence of Truth.
Old 13-02-2020, 09:44 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
I follow Sadhguru and I've watched a lot of his videos that dive into deep spiritual waters. As a result, it became clear to me that the spiritual process is not a process of growth but one of self-annihilation.

The end goal of the entire spiritual process to dismantle the karmic shell that holds your life within it and ultimately merge with the universe. Basically, you cease to exist and are freed from the whole cycle of birth and death. Sadhguru gives a great analogy of a soap bubble bursting which results in the air within it merging and become one with the air all around.

This ultimate annihilation of self that waits at the end of the spiritual journey doesn't sound very attractive to me. In fact, it makes me very scared and reluctant to begin my spiritual journey. I'd rather remain trapped in the cycle of birth and death retaining my consciousness and individual identity than to attain moksha (ultimate liberation/annihilation which I talked about above). Despite this fact, why are so many willingly walking down the spiritual path to attain moksha? Why would anyone want to stop existing altogether? Do I have a wrong idea about it? Is moksha something to be afraid of?

Sorry if it seems like a lot but these are some of the burning questions that have been bothering me lately. I would really really appreciate it if someone could clarify this for me with legitimate answers.

Thank You
Moksha from what exactly? What do you want to be free of? Otherwise, what is your desire in this spiritual journey of yours?

I will tell you that whatever can be attained by a human with his own effort will never be perfect, try as he might to approach perfection.

If we are to speak of Moksha/Liberation, then we are to talk of being free from the effects of Maya upon our self, of course Maya will try and touch us, but Maya will not affect us. But how can we attain Moksha if we are imprisoned in Maya? Maya is a prison, and by human effort, a prisoner can escape from prison... That just makes him an escape convict & Maya will continue to pursue him again and again and again.

For Moksha to be realised, knowing that Maya Is an Illusion, the only thing that can defend us against Maya is Truth. Where did Maya come from anyway, after all, we live in a kind of Moksha not so? We have Conscious attainment of Moksha from Truth; we have become Maya-Conscious... So we are already in a state of Moksha from something :)

To be free from Maya, we need the power of Truth, and therefore, we should aim at seeking the Consciousness of Truth as that Power to liberate us from Maya. Let Truth-Consciousness come and dwell in us, that should be our prayer, our meditation, our Sadhana, because Maya is simply the absence of Truth.

Truth is absolute, and therefore it cannot be quantified or experienced in bits and pieces. If it can be experienced in bits and pieces, then it is not absolute.
Old 13-02-2020, 10:23 AM
Master
Quote:

Thank You

Why do you assume all of these things [karma, moksha, guru's] are actually true or speaking about a truth?
You just assume that it is true! You question the path so why not take it one step further and question these concepts?
Old 13-02-2020, 03:18 PM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Why do you assume all of these things [karma, moksha, guru's] are actually true or speaking about a truth?
You just assume that it is true! You question the path so why not take it one step further and question these concepts?
Best reply I've seen all week
Old 14-02-2020, 06:01 AM
Master
Come To The Edge

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TGbsSfa8bYM
Old 28-02-2020, 09:28 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

Thank You

it may feel like losing everything. but after the process you stand back on your feet and have yourself while in the bliss and in the silence. what is you becomes that and feels like a witness to everything else. but you are still therr and able to function just like before. the process isn't the end result. and it doesn't even mean it may feel like complete annihilation.

it is almost impossible to describe the process. i haven't heard all his teachings. a few off youtube. he knows what he is talking about from what i saw.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4