Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old 19-03-2020, 07:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjhan
Hey Jo :)

I like the second one better, but I have heard of van Dyk. Stanford reminds me of other electronic musicians I enjoy, such as State Azure and this one, Jan Flaška, though he hasn't produced much for sale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiCei5uy1DM

Hey you Yes, I see what you mean about that one.

I know I know, but still:

Tangerine Dream - Love on a Real Train

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epOf2RLqLdw
Old 19-03-2020, 08:30 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Hey you Yes, I see what you mean about that one.

I know I know, but still:

Tangerine Dream - Love on a Real Train

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epOf2RLqLdw
Now, that's very different from what I know of Tangerine Dream. I haven't listened to any of their newer works since the 1990s when they made a shift in style that I didn't like. I guess they have evolved again. I kind of like it, so I'll have to look at their catalog sometime.

The following is more like what I'm used to from them, this from the soundtrack for the Michael Mann movie "Thief"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqEujUKoi9Q
Old 20-03-2020, 02:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Now, that's very different from what I know of Tangerine Dream. I haven't listened to any of their newer works since the 1990s when they made a shift in style that I didn't like. I guess they have evolved again. I kind of like it, so I'll have to look at their catalog sometime.

The following is more like what I'm used to from them, this from the soundtrack for the Michael Mann movie "Thief"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqEujUKoi9Q

I like that one. I'll keep the film in mind to watch as well. Not seen it before.

This'll not be new to you I'm sure. I think it's great:

Jan Hammer - Crockett's theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOA2Is6Lh-I

I've still got Jean Michel Jarre up my sleeve, oh yes!
Old 20-03-2020, 06:25 PM
Knower
Quote:
I like that one. I'll keep the film in mind to watch as well. Not seen it before.

This'll not be new to you I'm sure. I think it's great:

Jan Hammer - Crockett's theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOA2Is6Lh-I

I've still got Jean Michel Jarre up my sleeve, oh yes!
I like Jan Hammer mostly for movie soundtracks, but did a good job on that TV show :)

Later I'll post some of Jarre, too, as I was at Rendezvous Houston back in the 1980s. That was one of the best electronic-music shows I've seen.

Now, here are links to individual "radios" on a streaming service I like called Jamendo. The cuts/albums played there are all "royalty-free" meaning that they aren't having to pay groups such as the RIAA fees just to air their music. It also means that, if you ask, you can use some of the music by the artists for your project that requires music. If you do that, then you also won't get a copyright strike against you on Youtube (they've been very heavy-handed on that lately.)

Jamendo - Electronic Radio
Jamendo - Lounge Radio
Jamendo - Relaxation Radio

The "Lounge" radio has exposed me to some very good electronic artists as well as another sub-genre, or that of "Electro-Swing." If you haven't heard any of that music, try bands like Boogie Belgique, and The SwinGrowers.
Old 21-03-2020, 02:17 PM
Master
Quote:
I like Jan Hammer mostly for movie soundtracks, but did a good job on that TV show :)

Later I'll post some of Jarre, too, as I was at Rendezvous Houston back in the 1980s. That was one of the best electronic-music shows I've seen.

Now, here are links to individual "radios" on a streaming service I like called Jamendo. The cuts/albums played there are all "royalty-free" meaning that they aren't having to pay groups such as the RIAA fees just to air their music. It also means that, if you ask, you can use some of the music by the artists for your project that requires music. If you do that, then you also won't get a copyright strike against you on Youtube (they've been very heavy-handed on that lately.)

Jamendo - Electronic Radio
Jamendo - Lounge Radio
Jamendo - Relaxation Radio

The "Lounge" radio has exposed me to some very good electronic artists as well as another sub-genre, or that of "Electro-Swing." If you haven't heard any of that music, try bands like Boogie Belgique, and The SwinGrowers.

Thanks for all the info
Old 21-03-2020, 06:38 PM
Knower
Quote:
Thanks for all the info
You're welcome

I've linked to artists' catalogs on Bandcamp (BC) in these posts, but one thing I want to point out about BC is that you can listen to the cuts or whole albums of an artist for up to three times for free. After that, they start to bug you to buy the album. I think they figure if you like it enough to listen to it three times, then you like it enough to buy it, too ;)

Another thing about BC is that they have an excellent music blog, and you can look at just the entries on electronic music. Or you can just look at the entire electronic section and either skim through or make it start playing an album. It will play the whole album and move on to the next band in the list, unless you skip it. That's another great way to learn about new bands.

That works best on their app, but I'll leave that up to y'all on whether to download it or not. I don't use it on my phone often, but do sometimes skim their suggestions when I'm tired of whatever I have on my media player.
Old 22-03-2020, 06:56 AM
Master
I think this was the first electronic music I heard, back in the 70's, my dad loved it. Played it over and over:

Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q00...9ACC&index= 2
Old 22-03-2020, 09:14 AM
Master
This was on my YouTube sidebar, haunting.

DUNE (1984) - Brian Eno - Prophecy Theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4onBqilHvc

I'll see if I can find the film to watch. Not sure if I've seen it before.