Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old 21-02-2020, 09:48 AM
Pathfinder

Wonderful nature/relaxing music

I hope i'm allowed to post this....very much in love with this youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmE...ejgRZ98HwAimLA

it's called 'relax night and day - beautiful nature and sounds'

my favorite playlist right now is the native american music. fantastic stuff

anyone else have any recommendations for youtube channels? their tibetan bowl sounds and fountains are also great.
Old 22-02-2020, 12:13 AM
Knower
Not for YouTube channels,

but for a rather extensive site called myNoise. Now, I understand the use of "noise" in the title might turn people off, but it's in reference to how we are surrounded by noise in daily life, some annoying and some soothing (I currently have "Desert Wind" playing). The site has mostly the soothing variety, but there are all manner of uses for noise, sounds, and music.

If you need help using or navigating the site, let me know. I've been using it for years.
Old 24-02-2020, 06:59 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjhan
but for a rather extensive site called myNoise. Now, I understand the use of "noise" in the title might turn people off, but it's in reference to how we are surrounded by noise in daily life, some annoying and some soothing (I currently have "Desert Wind" playing). The site has mostly the soothing variety, but there are all manner of uses for noise, sounds, and music.

If you need help using or navigating the site, let me know. I've been using it for years.

This is a great website but i am a bit lost on how to use it. Are all the sounds i'm clicking just playing on top of one another? It's hard to tell. Thanks
Old 24-02-2020, 07:01 AM
Pathfinder

OK i just realised i use the sliders at the top - got any handy tips on how to use it that won't be immediately obvious?
Old 24-02-2020, 08:54 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by symmetricalsnowflake11
OK i just realised i use the sliders at the top - got any handy tips on how to use it that won't be immediately obvious?
I'm sorry; I forgot to check this thread again.

Dr. Pigeon, the site owner, has an "Intro" page with several videos that probably help more, but I can still post some tips.

One is to notice the little symbols across the left-hand side of the page near the top. They'll look like a star, crescent moon, heart, happy-face, yin-yang, spider, single note, double notes, calibration-mark, and headphones. If you click on those, you'll highlight those generator pages that are within the themes of those symbols (hover your mouse over them to get the name of each). That makes navigation easier on such a large site.

Another tip is to read the posts people have made. All of them have a little blue heart next to them on the left. If you click on the hearts, you'll get what that person's settings were that they liked so much. Not all of them have made custom settings, but most have. It can be a fun way to discover new settings besides the presets on the right side.

The sliders let you adjust the volume on each sound, even muting them if you like. One of the videos on the intro-page shows how to make your own settings that way, and then how to use the animation feature. The video is kind of old because Dr. Pigeon has updated the buttons under the sliders as well as adding new functions to them. I'll have to see if he has any other help-videos that include the new buttons and functions.

There are functions for using the page for meditation, too, though I haven't used it for that as much, other than background sound for binaural beats and the like. While I've been using the site for many years, I still manage to learn of something else I've never tried and find I enjoy it. The site is very useful for noise-masking, including when there is loud construction sounds going on outside.

So, try out the videos and other info on the Intro page, which is also linked on the floater bar at the bottom of a page-window, as well as the "Uses" link for more ideas on what sounds are best for what situations. Those are just sample suggestions and don't list all of the generator pages like the highlight function does.

I hope all of that has made some sense. If not, let me know
Old 14-09-2020, 07:41 AM
Newbie ;)

I love it, thank you for posting!