Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 04:07 AM
dxwilliams

Visitor

I'm in need of your assistance. I'm experiencing something strange but can't explain it. When I'm in my bedroom alone at night, my bed starts to shake :? It always happens only at night and when I'm alone. I recently moved into this house and I've have never experienced this before. Any suggestions on what this could be?
Also, I'm periodically awaken by movement on my bed - it feels like someone or something is slowing walking on my bed. However, I've been experiencing this for the past 20+ years, all in different residences that I have lived. I know I'm NOT dreaming!
Any and all suggestions and thoughts are appreciated.
Please reply.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:17 PM
imported_devolution

Hi,

Welcome to the forums...
There are a couple of things I can think of that might be a possible cause:
* Incubus/Succubus - a kind of mythical entity that visits people in the night and causes various phenomena (don't want to scare you! ) - including the feeling that you are held in place (paralysis)
* Astral Projection - you could be experiencing astral projection/Out of Body experience phenomena - vibrations are a key part of OBEs, and it can seem like the bed or objects around you are vibrating/moving too. Paralysis also can happen in Astral Projection - as your body is naturally paralysed when you enter REM sleep by the body's hormones, so that you don't act out your dreams/etc. with your real body! Sometimes I've woken up and felt paralysed - it usually lasts a few moments to a minute or so. It can be scary if you don't know what happens.
* Poltergeist activity - this is rare, but I still hear of various incidents around the world where objects or things are moved.

I'd recommend perhaps seeing a spiritual advisor or medium who might be able to advise you better/further...
Good luck, and let us know if you find out what it is! :)
Old 06-06-2005, 12:03 AM
dxwilliams

Hi Devolution,

Thanks so much for your reply - this at least gives me something to start with. You mentioned that vibrations are a part of OBE's where it may seem like the bed or objects around me are moving but believe me when I say that my bed IS shaking.

Ok, listen to this: First of all, the experience of my bed shaking always happens when I'm sitting on my bed at night watching TV - fully awake and coherent. Now, I never told anyone about this because I thought they would think I was crazy. One night my 13 year old daughter was watching TV in my room. I went upstairs to join her and when I got there, she looked at me, her eyes were as big as can be and she looked really weird - She frightened me - I asked her what was wrong and she said "Oh my God Mom, your bed is shaking! Come here, sit down and feel this! I kind of smiled and she said "Mom, I'm not kidding, come over here!

I had no choice but to share my experience with her. I told her not to be frightened by it.
I recently had 3 close people die, my Father, Grandfather, and a close friend. I'm thinking it's one of them and when my bed shakes, I start talking (as if it were one of them in the room with me). I told her to do the same. However, it's not easy because it is very frightening. I've read somewhere that we should not let these types of things scare us - we should welcome whatever it is.

:? I'm so confused by it all.
Old 15-10-2005, 12:28 AM
Ancestral

Hello dxwilliams, I am new here and read your post and wondered if you are still having the bed shake. Did you look into the history of the house? I have had a few experiences also and I think a medium suggested by devolution is a good idea. Sometimes it is someone who lived in your house prior to you moving in who died or someone you knew who died. My bed has had someone tapping at the foot and the foot is against the wall where my window is. It does not scare me at all because I can feel the Spirit is a good one. If it frightens you ask politely for the Spirit to spot and ask for protection. I am not sure if you are a religious person but even if you are not you still should ask for some kind of protection. Hope I was not butting in but just friendly advice. Hope you do not mind if I place you in my prayers. :) :laughing:
Old 28-11-2005, 08:28 AM
homecoming

Hi dxwilliams,
Im new to the board and lost my previouse message so here goes......I have heard from many who have woken to find there bed shaking..but noone who was wide awake watching tv hmmm the reason these types approach us at night whilst sleeping is because our ego believe it or not is asleep, it is our ego that keeps them at bay....another sound that is often associated with your kind of experience are expansion noises in the ceiling often starting in the laundry and are more commonly heard also at night when yourve just touched down to sleep. Spirit guides never make such actions, they are suggestive polite and offer guidance with alternatives, they are warm and loving to feel and light to see. I would suggest you get some pics of Archangel Michael and Jesus in your room and house and around your bed. Ask AA Michael for an astral sword and use it when your bed starts jumping again. Stand your ground, be fearless and courages, meditate and imagine gold light surrounding you and your home, and ask AA Michael to take this being away for you.
Good Luck
Homecoming
Closed Thread