Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Closed Thread

Old 13-04-2006, 09:30 AM
dreamer

Hi Starlight and Sue,

I have a question that has been puzzling me. I have often thought that we are one, that there is unity.... but a few weeks ago I really started to ask myself what this means, if I am the dreamer and the dream and we are all one then that means you are me and I am everyone and so are you, so are we all divine? So i have started wondering that if i concentrate on getting myself in order maybe everything else will follow and it seems to work that way, but the more i try to obtain unity in myself the more i realise how much disunity there is in me, it's almost as if i have to open my mind to everything which seems a big task but i think is just a case of me finding inner peace which means not being fearful, angry or desireful of anything.

So my question is is finding inner peace as big a task as healing the entire universe?
Old 13-04-2006, 09:57 AM
psychic sue

In my opion, that's why we are here on earth - to learn the lessons you speak of. To realise God is within and we are all part of God - easy to say, but not that easy to put into practice. If someone does you wrong, it's hard not to feel anger and spite towards them - but if we truly are one, this is what we should be trying to work towards. Of course, we are all human, and in my opinion, never attain perfection here on the earth plane. It's the intent, the striving towards that, that we are here for.

If you are interested in the unity of male/female, have a look at Karl Jung's works on this.

Sue x
Old 13-04-2006, 11:23 AM
dreamer

Of course, we are all human, and in my opinion, never attain perfection here on the earth plane.

I am wondering if this is what holds me back from perfection, that i don't believe I am good enough to work it out, to have it or to deserve it? But if i do believe then I have something to work towards?

To realise God is within and we are all part of God - easy to say, but not that easy to put into practice.

I have been thinking of it as being like a dream - God sounds too high a place to attain, but in a dream I am the creator and the dream and perfection is just total trust in myself that I won't harm myself and I can handle anything I throw at myself if i realise i am in control i.e. the dreamer. This way I can just be me but also be a creator if you se what i mean, it's like a more manageable way of thinking about it for me. Also i've been noticing that the more i think this way when dealing with people the more they seem to respond as though they already know that this is true, it's like everyone i speak to is a test of my ability to recognise them as being as Godly, which means i need to stay humble - which is what Godliness is i think?

What do you think?

Last edited by dreamer : 13-04-2006 at 11:28 AM.
Old 13-04-2006, 12:15 PM
psychic sue

Of course we are all good enough to STRIVE towards it.

Do you know ANYONE who is totally, utterly, loving, unselfish, humble? Of course not! Maybe Jesus (if you believe in him) was - but even he had his moment's of temptation with the devil!

What you seem to be saying is "I'll never be perfect so why bother"?

But THAT is the whole of our lesson here on earth - understand your human frailties and work towards being a better person.

(as usual, these are just my opinions, no offence meant to anyone of any faith).

Love and Blessings,

Sue x
Old 13-04-2006, 07:08 PM
dreamer

Hi Sue I think you misunderstood me. What I meant to say was that I want to be good enough and i believe myself to be good enough in essence, but to believe myself to be Godlike is more difficult for me than to believe myself to be the creator of my own dream in which i could quite easily assume a God like status but with less of the baggage that i would associate with being God - which is probably an oxymoron because God (I would assume) has no baggage. I strive to be myself.
Old 14-04-2006, 10:02 AM
psychic sue

....and that's all we can do - in my opinion anyway.

Good luck on your personal journey.

Love,

Sue x
Old 16-04-2006, 09:37 PM
starlite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer

So my question is is finding inner peace as big a task as healing the entire universe?

Hi Dreamer,

Your post was interesting to read. I know exactly what you mean when you say that by becoming more at one with yourself has made you realise a slight aggrevation with others (i hope i interpreted you right!!). I feel like this. But i have come to realise that what really has happened is that i am being made more aware of my actual (human) faults. i am intolerant (no matter how calm and loving i'm telling myself to be!!!) of others that have not yet realised that they need to have a relationship with the divine within (yes, i think, i believe that we all have the divine within us but that the individual consciousness has to ignit its flame).

But i have come to understand that this has been a message to myself. Whilst we can practise and preach our believes through our words and actions, we cannot be responsible for the mindsets of other souls because it is the individual's choice whether to follow the path of truth and it is the job of those on a spiritual path to develop tolerance with others.

I have started to think all this because of the teachings given in the gospel of judas (well worth viewing and can be found on the national geographic website). here, it says that judas was not actually the betrayer of jesus but his sacrifier. according to the gospel, jesus himself asked judas to hand him over to the (bully boys!) authorities to prove to mankind (the generation of humanity - a much better phrase!!) that essentially we are spirit capable of ascending. (however, the gospel also suggests that there are only a certain amount of the human generation that actually have an element of the divine in them and they will be the only ones to reach the true realm of peace and divinity when their material body withers and the soul is truely released - whilst i have chatted to others that appreciate this theory (all bound up with non-orthodox theories of the creation of the world and the heavens - a fundamentally early egyptian understanding), i have trouble accepting that the total ascension and entry into the true kingdom of heaven is not available to all souls. Certainly, in the Gospel of Thomas there are many references to those that have two good ears - then listen to the message of the true notion of God - that, that i believe, to be the voice of our inner self. So, surely, if a soul (whilst living on the earth realm) recognises his spirit and starts to work on his spiritual progression then he should be able to reach the true realm of the heavenly divine (the pure spirit - the true god)? Like Sue says, it takes progression through several realms of spiritual existence dependant on the status of your spiritual self in the realms in the first instance. Also, it's translators acknowledge, much of the original copy of the gospel of judas is missing which could mean the text that touched upon this idea has been lost and, obviously, not included in the the modern translation.

So, to return to the original point, is connecting to your own sense of the divine as big a task as healing the world? No i don't think it is. As long as we practise and preach our beliefs and are tolerant of the beliefs of others (and their own space within the cosmos), and send our own spiritual energy into the silent healing of others and our earth - then we are living our truth in connection to the true divine and are helping to put out the spark that helps ignite the flame to those that are willing to find it. Whatever a soul's existence here on earth (and the karma s/he generates) will determine their existence in the realms beyond.

I hope that you sort out your understanding soon and would like to know how you feel in relation to your question X

Love and light Starlite X

This

Last edited by starlite : 16-04-2006 at 09:40 PM.
Old 18-04-2006, 01:54 AM
Glorymist

Sue - - it is not so much a suppression as a recognition of the nature of the energies they each center around.

The feminine energy plays its role / part. So does the masculine energy.

Recognize each. Use each.

It is rather a tough thing to do to wish to re-write the teachings to suit your needs / beliefs / annoyances.

Many have tried - - including myself.
Old 18-04-2006, 10:10 PM
Gandalf

The White Brotherhood provide protection for those who sit in a circle.
They choose who they attach themselves to

PETE
Old 19-04-2006, 09:42 AM
dreamer

Or is healing the universe as small a task as healing yourself?
Closed Thread