Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 06-07-2011, 04:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Okay, psychoslice, I'll bite. What is your thinking about death?

Xan
Well of course none of us know and we don't need to know, its all life and that's all there is, there is no one born and no one to die, yes there is this thing we call the body but that is also part of the wholeness of life, we eat, drink and a body is formed, there is life animating through this body, but the body is not the totality of what or who we truly are. there is no little soul hidden within the body that continues to another, there is nothing that we can learn that will make any difference to the next body that appears, all that we have accumulated within the mind is dissolved with the body, nothing continues on except what is within our gens. I think most like to believe in the after life just for comfort, we need to live NOW, because that's all you can ever do, to live NOW is in itself immortality.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:53 PM
Lex

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Well of course none of us know and we don't need to know, its all life and that's all there is, there is no one born and no one to die, yes there is this thing we call the body but that is also part of the wholeness of life, we eat, drink and a body is formed, there is life animating through this body, but the body is not the totality of what or who we truly are. there is no little soul hidden within the body that continues to another, there is nothing that we can learn that will make any difference to the next body that appears, all that we have accumulated within the mind is dissolved with the body, nothing continues on except what is within our gens. I think most like to believe in the after life just for comfort, we need to live NOW, because that's all you can ever do, to live NOW is in itself immortality.

I disagree, psychoslice. No offense, but your comments "all that we have accumulated within the mind is dissolved with the body, nothing continues on except what is within our gens. I think most like to believe in the after life just for comfort, we need to live NOW, because that's all you can ever do, to live NOW is in itself immortality" seems atheistic to me; perhaps I'm misreading or not understanding your point?
Old 07-07-2011, 03:46 PM
angel6m2000

I'm not trying to bash on your thoughts and opinions here, just trying to make sense of it, with my basic understanding and beliefs.

Quote:
...there is no little soul hidden within the body that continues to another, there is nothing that we can learn that will make any difference to the next body that appears...

I have to disagree with you. There may be no physical evidence of a soul, but that doesn't mean it is not there. There is something unique about everyone and everything that makes us all so equal, every life form has the same energy level on this world in my opinion. Some can just communicate it better.

Quote:
...nothing continues on except what is within our gens...

I agree with the concept that only our genes "live" on, because our souls never die. And also believe it is up to us in this generation to share our experiences and knowledge with the next generation so they can achieve a greater awareness and understanding of this life and other lives, whether it be in the dimension/realm or not.

Quote:
...we need to live NOW, because that's all you can ever do, to live NOW is in itself immortality...

I completely agree with this because the now is where we will learn what we need to, in order to reach the Divine Light/Spirit. We are all here for a reason, there wouldn't be so many people put here on a coincidence.

Those are just my thoughts, trying to make sense of yours and understand where you are coming from.

Thank you, everyone, for your thoughts.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Master
psychoslice: Well of course... its all life and that's all there is... yes there is this thing we call the body but that is also part of the wholeness of life, we eat, drink and a body is formed, there is life animating through this body, but the body is not the totality of what or who we truly are.

Here we agree.

none of us know and we don't need to know

Why would you assume that no one can or should know what lies after physical death when we already know so much more of our being and of life itself than we once did?

More expressions of pure formless essence can be known... our multidimensional soul and spirit.

there is no one born and no one to die, there is no little soul hidden within the body that continues to another

This is the belief system of no-selfism, which I consider a stage along the way in our awakening awareness. Others of us have made further discoveries... becoming aware in the pure multidimensional Being that is neither human form nor formlessness.

You are right, though... there is no little soul hidden in the body, but the body-mind is contained within the soul as its vehicle for interaction in this world. We usually become aware of it as our inner self, but that is only a gateway to further discoveries of all that we are.

there is nothing that we can learn that will make any difference to the next body that appears, all that we have accumulated within the mind is dissolved with the body, nothing continues on except what is within our gens.

All creation is evolving. Even subatomic particles learn. Nothing experienced is ever lost to the etheric realms. The subtle universe of soul and spirit is real and can be explored in consciousness.

I think most like to believe in the after life just for comfort

There is so much evidence now from NDE's and visitations from the deceased that to deny it is just not reasonable or realistic.

we need to live NOW, because that's all you can ever do, to live NOW is in itself immortality.

Here again we agree.

Robbie, I suspect you may be among those who cling to a certain level of enlightenment as final, but in my experience that holding on only blocks our further discoveries of the intricate expressive nature of reality.

Xan

Old 07-07-2011, 08:33 PM
LIFE

Quote:
its all life and that's all there is, there is no one born and no one to die

Quote:
all that we have accumulated within the mind is dissolved with the body, nothing continues on except what is within our genes.

If no one dies, does this mean that no thing dies?

You say that the content of the mind dissolves. Does this mean that you feel that the mind dies?

If "nothing continues on except what is within our genes", then there is, in fact, death.

Everything that does not continue (i.e., everything but our genes) dies.

Isn't it splitting hairs to differentiate between permanent discontinuation and death. Isn't that essentially what death is- a permanent discontinuation.

If consciousness does not continue, then it dies, and death is thus very real.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Master
Good points, Life.

Xan

Old 08-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Coming2

Wow interesting topic!! I can understand what Slice is getting at and Life your point is a great counter to what he posted!!

I think it is wonderful Angel that you have such a positive outlook on death. It is always hard to lose the essence of someone in the physical body but truly that essence remains with us in our mind and heart. In my opinion, being able to let go of someone who has passed and finding joy for their continued growth spiritually is a true gift.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Coming2

Wow interesting topic!! I can understand what Slice is getting at and Life your point is a great counter to what he posted!!

I think it is wonderful Angel that you have such a positive outlook on death. It is always hard to lose the essence of someone in the physical body but truly that essence remains with us in our mind and heart. In my opinion, being able to let go of someone who has passed and finding joy for their continued growth spiritually is a true gift.