Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-06-2011, 03:55 AM
Coming2

I Survived..Beyond and Back

So for those of you who have the BIO channel have probably seen the new show out called "I Survived..Beyond and Back"....I think it is in its second season now and I have found it fascinating. It takes you through normal, everday people's lives who have died and then come back. They discuss what happened when they died. To be honest it has caused me to have some really mixed feelings about what happens to us after we die. For years I have not been a believer in hellish things but rather our perceptions of fear and hell in religion but after watching this show I am starting to wonder how misguided I might be. Has anyone else seen some of these episodes and what is your take?? Like I said it has really turned my thinking in a different direction. I have been firm in Micheal Newtons Life Between Lives Regressions( for those who know his work) and felt Hell to be a creation of fear/anger and/or some type of mental death where the spirit has yet to let go of its Earthly life....ANYWAY!! Whats your take??
Old 28-06-2011, 03:57 AM
bubblyglot

I LOVE that show xoxo
Old 28-06-2011, 11:17 AM
Topology

I think the tibetan book of the dead indicates that the limbo you find yourself in after death is a product of your subconscious.

If there truly is an afterlife, then I'll be conscious there like I'm conscious here. You're not really dead if you're conscious. Let death take care of itself and just worry about daily living. If you're that concern, then start scrubbing that sub conscious clean! ;)
Old 28-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coming2
So for those of you who have the BIO channel have probably seen the new show out called "I Survived..Beyond and Back"....I think it is in its second season now and I have found it fascinating. It takes you through normal, everday people's lives who have died and then come back. They discuss what happened when they died. To be honest it has caused me to have some really mixed feelings about what happens to us after we die. For years I have not been a believer in hellish things but rather our perceptions of fear and hell in religion but after watching this show I am starting to wonder how misguided I might be. Has anyone else seen some of these episodes and what is your take?? Like I said it has really turned my thinking in a different direction. I have been firm in Micheal Newtons Life Between Lives Regressions( for those who know his work) and felt Hell to be a creation of fear/anger and/or some type of mental death where the spirit has yet to let go of its Earthly life....ANYWAY!! Whats your take??

There's another too, celebrity close calls on Bio channel. That one is good too.

Yes and I also follow Michael Newton's work. I died before, didn't have a lot of the same experiences but I know I died. I think it is very individual on what we see, because the mind creates what we are comfortable with.
Old 28-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Scibat

I've watched nearly every episode of those, and must say they have fascinated me. I hope they continue the show, but I haven't seen any announcements for a new season.
Old 28-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Coming2

I have had the fortune of having a LBL regression and I could write pages on what happened to me but everything I hear on that show contradicts so much of what I experienced and what I have read in Newton's work. For those of you who do not know his work it is a very enlightening process to read it. You wont ever shake it and/ or be able to put it down. Anyway, during my LBL I was, indeed, taken to a life review and shown my past lives. I was introduced back into my soul group and the feelings of love, peace and home can not even begin to be measured in words. I have never, in my human life, ever felt the overwhelming senses that I did that night.

All of this brings me to the episodes and all I have read about death and an evil place. In his books he doesnt talk about this place even though too many people have experienced it. Laura I would love to expound more on the mental death I mentioned and you hit on....conscious and sub-conscious death. Any takers??
Old 28-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Master
Quote:
I would love to expound more on the mental death I mentioned and you hit on....conscious and sub-conscious death. Any takers??

Yes, Coming2, I'd like to hear more.

Old 29-06-2011, 04:39 PM
Love

Have you ever seen the movie / read the book k-pax? If not, firstly i recommend it, secondly there is a woman in the story in the psychiatric ward who never comes out of her room. She stays there all hours of the day and night getting dressed up and preparing for her prince charming to come into her room and have a romantic dinner with her, thus beginning their lives together. This is her reality. She does not see the world as it is and accepts a lie as her reality. She doesn't know of the true world anymore - shes lost herself in her mind.

There are people like this all around you every moment. Not to this characters degree but to a degree enough to keep them asleep to true reality. People living in this state, one of such strong delusion, when they return to the spirit world they will not see it just as they have not seen this earthly world. they will continue living out their delusions in the spirit world until they awaken from their dream.

Which is why it is so vital that you are awake and living now. seeing and experiencing your reality exactly as it is. To want something more than what is - to deny what is - is to create delusion and lies within you which can trap you in the mind.

That is my belief as I've come to understand it.
Old 29-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love
Have you ever seen the movie / read the book k-pax? If not, firstly i recommend it, secondly there is a woman in the story in the psychiatric ward who never comes out of her room. She stays there all hours of the day and night getting dressed up and preparing for her prince charming to come into her room and have a romantic dinner with her, thus beginning their lives together. This is her reality. She does not see the world as it is and accepts a lie as her reality. She doesn't know of the true world anymore - shes lost herself in her mind.

There are people like this all around you every moment. Not to this characters degree but to a degree enough to keep them asleep to true reality. People living in this state, one of such strong delusion, when they return to the spirit world they will not see it just as they have not seen this earthly world. they will continue living out their delusions in the spirit world until they awaken from their dream.

Which is why it is so vital that you are awake and living now. seeing and experiencing your reality exactly as it is. To want something more than what is - to deny what is - is to create delusion and lies within you which can trap you in the mind.

That is my belief as I've come to understand it.

Excellent post!!!!!

Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 29-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coming2
Laura I would love to expound more on the mental death I mentioned and you hit on....conscious and sub-conscious death. Any takers??[/size]

Well from only knowing what I went through and knowing the story of when my mother died and came back (when I was 9). We experience our own "death scene" individually.

My mom, a devout Christian said that she "felt" Jesus but didn't see him. Then a man in a long robe said to her "It is not your time, you must return."
She saw all the white light and so forth.

For me, I am Wiccan/Spiritual. I didn't hear any voice only "knew" that I was being offered a choice. Maybe it's because I already could see and hear spirit from an early age that they didn't need to prove to me they were with me. I'm not sure. The light was behind me and I knew it was there, I kept watching my body below and the nurses and doctors who were working on me. I no more than thought the thought and I was back in my body.

What we believe here on earth (angels and Jesus, Monks and Buddha, etc) this is what will greet us on the Other Side. To make us feel safe and comfortable. If you don't have a particular faith, like me, maybe you'll just see lights and beings or just "know" you are loved.