Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 18-05-2011, 01:16 AM
Master
Sad & Horrified

I've been watching an adorable little baby squirrel in my yard for the last week. It's mother showed up 2 days ago to keep on eye on it because it was exploring the front yard without a care in the world.

Today I opened the side window blinds as always and right in front of the window was the baby squirrel laying face down with his body limp. I ran outside and found him alive but barely breathing. He looked up at me, but couldn't move. I went in the house and got a turkey baster filled with water and squirted some in his mouth. He didn't flinch. I returned inside feeling defeated.

Minutes later I heard 2 large black ravens squawking and I instantly knew what was going on. I ran to the window and they were pulling the squirrel away from the house. I banged on the window and they left. The squirrel looked dead at that point.

I was horrified that the bird that I had identified with spiritually and symbolically all along had attacked the young dying squirrel I was watching pounce about the night earlier. I felt they represented myself in some way. I can't shake this "sign" and "synchronicity" of the squirrel lying right where I would see it when I opened the window.

I know it could all just be a freak of nature. Sad freak of nature, but I also am a strong believer in paying attention to signs and signals that you receive that mean something to you. This just disturbs me.

Blackraven
Old 18-05-2011, 01:26 AM
Scibat

Sorry you had to grow through that, I honestly am. But ravens and crows are carrion feeders, like vultures. And they (carrion birds) are known for not waiting for a weak and dying creature to fully expire before they feed.
Old 18-05-2011, 01:52 AM
Master
Scibat - I suppose I have been so hyper-focused in raven being my totem animal and concentrating on it symbolizing changes in conciousness and being the symbol of a shape shifter as well as a prophet, spell-caster, and a messenger that I forgot that they are carrion feeders too. That's just the hard-core reality of their survival. That's nature - survival of the fittest. Everything that happens in our daily life though has meaning. IMO
Thanks for your input Scibat.

Blackraven
Old 18-05-2011, 02:15 AM
Scibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
Scibat - I suppose I have been so hyper-focused in raven being my totem animal and concentrating on it symbolizing changes in conciousness and being the symbol of a shape shifter as well as a prophet, spell-caster, and a messenger that I forgot that they are carrion feeders too. That's just the hard-core reality of their survival. That's nature - survival of the fittest. Everything that happens in our daily life though has meaning. IMO
Thanks for your input Scibat.

Blackraven

I can understand that, I love the look of ravens and crows myself. Bats are a big favorite, if I had a totem that would probably be it or ducks (don't ask why). I am just sorry you had to witness that, and sorry for giving you that bad news. Nature can seem to be a cruel mistress sometimes and smacks upside the head when we get too complacent about how she runs things.
Old 18-05-2011, 05:35 PM
Master
I know it's difficult seeing it that way, although there is a positive side.

Being carrion eater they rid the area of rotting waste.

If he hadn't been alive you wouldn't have considered it, you would have been sad anyway because you connected.

In those short days you would have connected with loving, awesome feelings that would have been with him in his death.

To everything we love including ourselves there's a shadow, take that as the reason why you witnessed this, acknowledge the feelings and see what you find out about yourself.

That's a honour!

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 20-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Master
Thanks Saggi for those very nice words. Now I'm not Sad or horrified, I'm confused. I woke up this morning and 4 feet from my side door, a coyote had defecated in my lawn chair. I use this door every morning to get to my garage. It's the first thing I see when I go outside. I know it was a coyote because there were chunks of animal hair in the feces. We live right next to the woods where they run wild. So I'm asking myself, why the heck does a coyote want to get up in my chair and leave me a gift? The last time a coyote appeared to me (running out of my garage at my old house after being trapped in there all day long) my neighbor starved to death in his car. If anyone has any insight on this one, feel free to elaborate.

Blackraven