Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71  
Old Yesterday, 11:46 PM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 6,133
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
I think yo are being overly self-indulgent, and that that isn't truly worshiping God as you claim and 'comfort' your self by believing that's what you are doing. For one thing, your mother is (I believe ) an expression of THE Life-Shiva-Shakti-'Force' - albeit a 'problematic' one designed (and agreed to in advance, IMO) to make you 'stretch' your 'self' beyond its past-life 'comfort' zones, which you keep retreating into (and so 'failing' to 'stretch' beyond). Even if that;s not 'accurate' in terms of the real truth, I trust you will someday come to appreciate that that is the 'best' I can think to 'give' you (as well as what I think you most 'need' to 'receive' at this (present!) point in your (hopefully!) developmental (in due course at least) journey..


These often commingle - which 'fact' predominates depends on whether your motivation is selfish or unselfish, or more one than the other, I think.


I am considering the fact from the past (in this life) which you have shared that you have been 'serviced' by some quite 'sweetly' 'giving' therapists. Hence my conclusion that you are presently a 'spoiled', never satisfed, ever continuing to be self-indulging, 'brat'.


If you could only see what I see ... and that is that you just want to be given 'special' 'candy-coated' treatment and reject and 'guilt-trip' anything else! I think, you wouldn't be able to recognize a truly 'loving' parent (or 'older' brother?) if one was plopped right in front of your face!

"Ye have forgotten the exhortation [in your case you never received it, and are only receivniog it now, through 'me' ] which speaketh unto you as unto children, 'My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye b-a-s-t-a-r-d-s, and not sons."
I seem to have inadvertently anticipated this response with my reply above (post #67)...please read it. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old Today, 01:31 AM
Khalli Khalli is offline
Master
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Northern California
Posts: 1,684
  Khalli's Avatar
Best therapist in the world:



1. doesn't cost as much
2. Can't hear anyone else
3. And the wind in your face really does open your mind to new thoughts.

Which means I am off the internet when I need clarity.
__________________
"Give yourself the love you seek, and the Universe will send people to match it." - Abraham-Hicks

"The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts" (Marcus Aurelius)

Seekers must understand that they have to make their own path and there is no right path. Whatever works for you is right.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old Today, 02:30 AM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 6,133
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalli
Best therapist in the world:



1. doesn't cost as much
2. Can't hear anyone else
3. And the wind in your face really does open your mind to new thoughts.

Which means I am off the internet when I need clarity.
I bet the initial outlay would approximate the cost of a therapist for 10 years though....not to mention the gas it would guzzle.

Still, to each, their own. I don't go to a psychiatrist anymore anyway, for the same reason why I don't listen to others...because my Higher Self tells me more than what another person could ever say in their whole lifetime...I often wonder why it is that I feel like I 'need' other people at all and what use are they, really?

If we are to be totally and brutally honest, the main reason why I post here is because I have 'nothing better to do' but then again, I don't really look for anything 'better to do' either and of course, I could spend 24/7 in meditation and reading the scriptures and worshiping Shiva and talking to my 'Higher Self'...but for some reason, yes, I have become totally complacent within my own spirituality, but it's not like another person saying to me "you are full of shyte" is going to make ANY difference whatsoever, because my 'Higher Self' always chimes in with 'you know what is best for YOU - nobody else does' and so, even the act of communication appears pointless...why I still bother even trying, I know not. Maybe I am looking for a 'connection' which simply does not exist, so I am wasting my time anyway.

It's like I can see and feel God as Energy...as a universal concept, but I don't understand how to see God in the erratic behaviours of other people...yes, I can see God in others as a 'divine spark' or 'essence', as it is within myself...but until I can see Shiva in a person's adharmic samskaras as well, and not simply see that as 'Shakti' or 'Maya' irrespective of the absolute consciousness, I will continue to be reborn until I do...that is MY karma and I also realise this, yet no amount of people saying it to me is gonna make any difference.

So the ONLY thing I can do is continue to love and worship Shiva until, by His grace, he will reveal himself from within the veil of Maya itself...within 'Indra's Net' or 'duality' and not as that which exists totally beyond it...independent FROM it as the absolute Brahman.

As an aside...I thought the server issues would have resolved by now...maybe if I apply the 'Law of Attraction' and make the affirmation "The Server WILL work every time I want it to", it will stop freezing on me.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old Today, 08:07 AM
hallow hallow is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Shores of Lake Michigan
Posts: 430
  hallow's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
hallow,

Not sure what you meant. But to answer the question......anything of true value has a cost. Mark 8:36...."What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?"
Yes it was a bad joke, and i do agree anything good or bad comes at a price.
__________________
The more beautiful something is, it can be just as dangerous.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old Today, 12:35 PM
A human Being A human Being is offline
Master
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 2,163
  A human Being's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Yes, I do harbour quite a bit of resentment towards my mother anyway.
Completely understandable, I imagine most people would do if they were being constantly criticised and second-guessed. As you said, though, your mum's like that with everyone so rationally you know it isn't personal - but regardless, the resentment's still there.

I've become aware recently of just how much resentment I have in me, and what I'm finding in my own experience is that there are layers to it, though those layers only become apparent if I fully feel into the resentment, without getting lost in thought patterns about how this person did this to me and they shouldn't have, it's not fair, I'm so hard-done-by, etc. All those thought patterns might seem perfectly justified (actually they pretty much always do feel justified), but they're only making me miserable because I'm arguing with what can't be changed. So I have a choice - either I let go of those feelings, or I suffer.

And the power really is in my hands, not in anyone else's. We're all complicit in our own suffering.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old Today, 01:14 PM
Gem Gem is online now
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 16,741
  Gem's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Completely understandable, I imagine most people would do if they were being constantly criticised and second-guessed. As you said, though, your mum's like that with everyone so rationally you know it isn't personal - but regardless, the resentment's still there.

I've become aware recently of just how much resentment I have in me, and what I'm finding in my own experience is that there are layers to it, though those layers only become apparent if I fully feel into the resentment, without getting lost in thought patterns about how this person did this to me and they shouldn't have, it's not fair, I'm so hard-done-by, etc. All those thought patterns might seem perfectly justified (actually they pretty much always do feel justified), but they're only making me miserable because I'm arguing with what can't be changed. So I have a choice - either I let go of those feelings, or I suffer.

Quite. To feel without the story is getting to the deeper aspect of it. In my case, I don't have resentments, grudges or anything like that, but I have other life issues, and it's this seeming irony where my mind becomes this still, but that ease of myself lets the monsters come out of their holes and rage storms in my mind, but I'm not the mind, and it's really a matter of how peaceful I remain in the midst of difficult discomfort, and what extremity of feeling I can endure without becoming overwhelmed. That is the difficulty of mindfulness, so I consider all these things to be opportunities to practice, and use it to stablise that equanimity in the knowing that this has risen so it can pass, so I don't fight with anything or try to make it go away - I basically cut the bulldust story like you say, and let it be as it is, which usually makes it get worse, but then it goes away, and it's hard for me to remember the things that already cleared through, but I can recall my deep resentments of the past, I can remember the things that occurred that I used to resent people for, but that resentful feeling has completely gone from me.

Quote:
And the power really is in my hands, not in anyone else's. We're all complicit in our own suffering.

Tru dat.
__________________
.
Check out my signature.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums