Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 24-09-2017, 12:40 PM
Newbie ;)

Where did death come from?

I know, it was here when we got here but was it always here?
Most indentify with their bodies but you can remove parts of the body and the I am remains whole. Does the I am know death, I think not, so it has to be something learned.
Old 24-09-2017, 03:54 PM
Administrator
Death has been a part of life as life is you can not have one without the other, where their is Dark there is always Light.
when you pass over your soul travels on.your body is no longer needed. that is what you bury.or another way of looking at it is your body is just something to carry your soul around whilst you are here

Namaste
Old 24-09-2017, 06:16 PM
Burntfruit

Without death life would be unbearable, at least at our current level of civilisation. Sure in the future we may be able to defer death a while, but i think it is inevitable.
Old 25-09-2017, 12:02 PM
Newbie ;)

I know what the accepted beliefs are with regards to death but like a scout tracks their game so can one go back in time and I have found that consciousness predates the physical, death relates to the physical so it was learned, anything learned can be unlearned. Remember, we use to think the earth was flat.
Old 26-09-2017, 12:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMView
I know, it was here when we got here but was it always here?
Most indentify with their bodies but you can remove parts of the body and the I am remains whole. Does the I am know death, I think not, so it has to be something learned.

Death came into existence the moment that life did.

All things came into existence at the same moment.

The I am does know death, otherwise it wouldn't know it's alive. Since we recognize we are alive, we must also know death. It seems unfortunate that we must experience death, but perhaps it's the best thing about life. I think the worst thing about death is the uncertainty. Perhaps once we experience it the pain is over and we get bored, we desire life once again and we reincarnate.

That is to say the I AM experiences life and death. Could any one of us say we know life though? We know the experience of life but we all describe it differently. We could try to play with words here and reach a common understanding, but that understanding would not compare to the experience. The words life and God are similar. We say we can experience each one but we can't clearly define either.
Old 26-09-2017, 11:58 AM
Newbie ;)

Correct me if I am wrong but are you saying that the I am came into existence at the same time as life and death? And if its the natural order of things why should it be thought of as unfortunate? It seems to me that in order for one to recognize that it is alive there must be another.
Are you aware that the natural state of the mind is at rest?
Old 27-09-2017, 05:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Correct me if I am wrong but are you saying that the I am came into existence at the same time as life and death? And if its the natural order of things why should it be thought of as unfortunate? It seems to me that in order for one to recognize that it is alive there must be another.
Are you aware that the natural state of the mind is at rest?

I'm saying that life, time, death, all came from the original I AM. They are not requirements for the I AM to exist, they come from within the I AM. So the I AM existed before those things.

they were un-manifested before. But at the whim of the I AM they were manifested. Why is not known.

IDK why things are the way they are. Why do we pillage the planet? Why do we steal time from our grandchildren? Why do we steal from our elders?

Why why why. I don't have answers for the madness caused by the free will of human choice.

You can answer your own question a little though. You can answer why you think death is unfortunate.

Look to the people you love the most. Some day they will be gone and you will think it's so unfortunate that death has to be a part of life. One day you'll lose the person you love the most in life. It's times like those that make us question why death is necessary and it's also times like those that help us realize why death has the bad reputation it does. The more unknown a person is to us the easier it is to say "death isn't so bad, it's actually the best part of life!" , but when our closest loved one dies then we are truly tested.

IDK about natural state of the mind. Natural state compared to what?
Old 27-09-2017, 01:51 PM
Newbie ;)

It is not my intention to provoke anxiety, please know that. My goal is not to be right but to get it right. I have come to the point in understanding and awareness where the I am choses thoughts. In your original response you wrote that the I am knows death as per your reasoning then your second response seemed to be about a different I am but it is closer to the one that I am talking about. The pre-death I am, the one from which we are exact replicas.
We are born into teachings, traditions, behaviors and ignorance developed by our ancestors, if they didn't need to evolve what is our purpose? Just to be an illustration?

I don't think we can lose some one we love, I think what you are talking about is about times that you never had or times wasted.
Old 28-09-2017, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator
Where did Death come from?

We opted to enter into temporal, fragile forms for some reason. I can't fully explain why. I refuse to use someone else's words or philosophy to do that. But we came here to live inside those forms to experience this state of being and learn from it etc.

Those forms, being fragile and open to dissolution, decay, illness, and eventual passing away, are pretty tough to live in sometimes. But there is definitely a beauty in this Earth and the life here. I have learned a terrific amount from being here. If you were to see my life laid out to look at, you would see how I have changed.
The trouble is, the only way out is through some kind of dissipation and eventual death of that form, which can hurt.

I have heard it said (somehere) that Souls are very brave to come here. But that it is great learning.
Old 28-09-2017, 02:38 AM
Master
Quote:
It is not my intention to provoke anxiety, please know that. My goal is not to be right but to get it right. I have come to the point in understanding and awareness where the I am choses thoughts. In your original response you wrote that the I am knows death as per your reasoning then your second response seemed to be about a different I am but it is closer to the one that I am talking about. The pre-death I am, the one from which we are exact replicas.
We are born into teachings, traditions, behaviors and ignorance developed by our ancestors, if they didn't need to evolve what is our purpose? Just to be an illustration?

I don't think we can lose some one we love, I think what you are talking about is about times that you never had or times wasted.

It's not my reasoning, it's the words of elders who have gone before me. If you want to learn more about it look into Hinduism and other forms of eastern mysticism, that's where I got the teachings from.

Evolution is an idea to describe how the world appears to us just like most forms of monotheism. It seems convincing, yes, but it's about as close to being proven as the big bang. Lots of evidence, yes, but nothing concrete.

They needed to survive not evolve. Mankind hasn't needed to evolve in tens of thousands of years, maybe hundreds. It's also a rare phenomenon that in humans instead of evolving again biologically it's our culture that evolves instead. Very strange but also amazing. A lizard cant become a bird through choice, but we can choose which culture we participate in, so in some way its almost like we have conquered evolution.

Exact replicas of the oringinal I AM.... I have to strongly disagree. Maybe if you further explain what you mean I won't but it seems like a statement full of pride to be honest. Exact replica's of God... Maybe we have like, one, maybe two, parts of our existence that are remotely similar to Gods, but all of them?

If you lose someone they are gone from your future. Their physical presence is gone from your life forever... maybe even after death, maybe until death, who knows. The point is when people die they are gone, and it hurts.

When I miss someone who has died, yes I miss the old times, but the reason I miss that is because I'm thinking about wanting to do something with them in the present moment. And realizing that I can't I go to memories instead. I've heard the argument "you don't miss someone, you miss their memories" but I don't think it's entirely true. I think part of the pain is realizing that there can never be more memories made, that what there is is all there is, and that's depressing. The unknown can be scary but it's also exciting.