Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 25-10-2015, 04:01 AM
Master
Embracing my inner Witch

Since I was very little (3, so basically since I can remember) I have been drawn to the mystical. I would spend hours building fairy houses, making special potions, communing with nature. I have felt like I am a witch since I was little. Now, not witch in terms of Wicca and not even in the popular view as someone who has special powers which they use to affect things. I may have "special powers" to affect things, but I have never consciously used them to try to make something happen... I am more a medicine woman or mystic, someone who is in touch with her own sacred Power, Mother Earth, spirits, and the Divine, and uses her channel for healing but still, the term "witch" resonates with me most closely.

The Feminine energy in its raw fierce untameable manifestation associated with the witch archetype strongly resonates with me, as this is how I manifest. :)

Any other witches out there? I can spot them from a mile away... I either feel very repelled by or a kinship with you ladies haha. xo

P.S. After some expanded awareness, I realize this is an identity just like any other and that I am Pure Consciousness, not any of the personalities/forms I take on in lifetimes. I am just having fun with this post and it's a little neurotic/avoidant of my present experience of feeling groundless like I am "no person". So I will try not to hold onto this identity just as much as any other...
Old 25-10-2015, 12:30 PM
Master
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird21
Since I was very little (3, so basically since I can remember) I have been drawn to the mystical. I would spend hours building fairy houses, making special potions, communing with nature. I have felt like I am a witch since I was little. Now, not witch in terms of Wicca and not even in the popular view as someone who has special powers which they use to affect things. I may have "special powers" to affect things, but I have never consciously used them to try to make something happen... I am more a medicine woman or mystic, someone who is in touch with her own sacred Power, Mother Earth, spirits, and the Divine, and uses her channel for healing but still, the term "witch" resonates with me most closely.

The Feminine energy in its raw fierce untameable manifestation associated with the witch archetype strongly resonates with me, as this is how I manifest. :)

Any other witches out there? I can spot them from a mile away... I either feel very repelled by or a kinship with you ladies haha. xo

P.S. After some expanded awareness, I realize this is an identity just like any other and that I am Pure Consciousness, not any of the personalities/forms I take on in lifetimes. I am just having fun with this post and it's a little neurotic/avoidant of my present experience of feeling groundless like I am "no person". So I will try not to hold onto this identity just as much as any other...

Blessings to your inner Witch and Namaste to your Guru self

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 25-10-2015, 10:51 PM
Deactivated Account
Do you have your own broom yet?

Old 25-10-2015, 11:27 PM
Master
Only in my dreams...
Old 25-10-2015, 11:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggi
Blessings to your inner Witch and Namaste to your Guru self

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

Thank you Saggi
Old 28-10-2015, 02:07 AM
Seeker

I took aromatic therapy class.. we blend essential oils for healing..somehow I just felt like I was in a witch like group cuz most are women and it was like we blend potion or something. I had dreamed of seeing a witch group but I don't think I want to be part of it. Not sure but witch is associated with the dark side isn't it?
Old 28-10-2015, 02:29 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart0501
Not sure but witch is associated with the dark side isn't it?

No, not necessarily. A Witch is someone who can heal as well as curse and work magic. Some can travel to the Otherworlds and bring information back for helping people
Old 28-10-2015, 05:59 AM
Master
I experienced an odd sych. I was on youtube, and there was a commercial which was playing while I was reading your post. Right when I read "dark side" the voice in the commercial also said "dark side." Not going to read into it as I am experiencing random sychs a lot right now, just kind of feels like everything in my reality is aligning.

My view is, a Witch is not afraid of the dark side, because she acknowledges the 'dark side' of herself as embodying just as much Love as the 'light side' (aka, she's awake to her wholeness). She may manifest in a not stereotypically "good" way, such as Hecate or Kali, but this is simply because she embraces all aspects of herself and thus is completely authentic and fearless. This is where our power comes from... She actually is a complete embodiment of Love and authentically manifests in a way society deems not good, such as being powerful, mysterious, sexual, strong, wild women in a patriarchal society. This is why we, I mean they, have been so often misunderstood since witches are not stereotypically socially "good" (society's views of "good" and "bad" are pretty arbitrary actually) even though we are Divinely and completely good and... we always come from a place of compassion and love, even when we are manifesting as wrathful. ;) Witches are unafraid of the unknown, the mysterious, the wrathful, and the wild, because they know there is nothing to be afraid of since all is equally Divine. Witches have incredible compassion and love for Mother Earth and all her inhabitants.
Old 28-10-2015, 06:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
No, not necessarily. A Witch is someone who can heal as well as curse and work magic. Some can travel to the Otherworlds and bring information back for helping people

I would never curse. I actually believe the far majority of witches have/had pure intentions and were just misunderstood women who were mystics and healers in touch with all parts of themselves and Nature and that made people fearful.
Old 29-10-2015, 02:57 AM
Master

Bluebird - that was a beautiful post

But whether you curse or not is up to you. I do not believe that most Witches are simply misunderstood women who were/are mystics and healers. Many Witches honour the old gods, for example in parts of England including Cornwall they honour the Bucca; others honour gods from other pantheons and they know how to work magic including healing, helping with finances and other mundane issues and know how to put up wards for protection and know how to curse.