Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 12-10-2010, 06:49 AM
Master
Geez, lighten up Mac, put a smile on your dial, and don't be so serious about it all, the Angels and guides and I bet God too, have senses of humour, and aren't so literal.......Peace.... and take some deep breathes.........lol
Old 12-10-2010, 12:27 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly1
Geez, lighten up Mac, put a smile on your dial, and don't be so serious about it all, the Angels and guides and I bet God too, have senses of humour, and aren't so literal.......Peace.... and take some deep breathes.........lol

If I don't discuss serious matters on these boards then there is no point in my being here....

The original subject wasn't one for joking or humour so why expect that from me? I have peace but thank you - deep breaths? I don't get why you're here in this thread......

Now if I go into the trivial stuff, in light-hearted forums, then I'll pull the legs of others - horses for courses.

I do serious when the place is right - I do jokes where the place is right.

I don't mix the two.... You think I should?
Old 12-10-2010, 04:30 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia
Now I could be wrong but my belief is there are no accidents, when it is our time to pass to the other side it will happen, no matter what our age.
I would be interested in reading your views on this.

In the larger scheme of things there are no accidents. In other words, nothing can possibly happen that could ever derail God's over all divine plan. However accidents do exist from our point of view. God does not kill people off.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Deactivated Account
Interesting thread. I'm on the fence with this. I think that accidents DO happen and there isn't a Divine purpose for them. Sometimes people are simply careless, sometimes they are unlucky enough to encounter a drunk driver, or experience a mechanical malfunction. There isn't anything more to it than that sometimes imo.

However, I also believe that sometimes there is a bigger picture at work. Sometimes it isn't time for a person to go. Sometimes a person's time is up because they've done what they needed to do.

So maybe it's a bit of both. I totally believe in synchronicity having experienced it in my own life. But I also think events can be the random result of choices/bad decisions in our human lives and nothing more than that. I nearly split up with my then-partner and choose a new life. Instead I ignored my intuition, stayed with him and fell pregnant with my son who is severely disabled. I split with my ex later anyway. I don't regret having him but there has been a lot of ifs and buts. I've pondered the meaning of this many times, ie was I meant to have him, did I go on the wrong track etc? (I love my son to bits, don't get me wrong, but life is very hard.) I came to the conclusion there is no wrong track. We do what we do, make the decisions we make. Sometimes we are guided, sometimes synchonicity steps in, but other times - perhaps most of the time - we make our own choices in life and death.

Last edited by Emmalevine : 12-10-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:01 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Imo, it was meant as in a manner of speaking, not literal(?) (accidents).
Quite Silvergirl :) it was indeed A bit like there are no 'Coincidences' Perhaps I should have not used the word 'Accidents' I was prompted to ask this question after reading a reply to a recent post on here.

Last edited by Tricia : 12-10-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Experiencer
I just came across this......

Below are some quotes from Silver Birch:

"Those who attend here regularly and who have listened for many years know that this is a theme on which I harp constantly. It is the theme of the constancy of the natural law. I know nothing of a jealous, vengeful deity, a capricious or partisan God. I have seen the operation of natural laws in every aspect of universal life, not only in your world of matter, but in the world of spirit which is my natural habitat, and wherever I have gone I find that natural law rules.

"There is no chance, no caprice, no miracle, no accident. All is due to cause and effect which follow one another in a sequence that is methodically exact and inviolable. Natural law rules throughout the whole universe and all that takes place, no matter where you look, whether it be in the realm of insect life, in human life, or in planetary life, always you will see that law is in operation.

"These laws take no cognisance of human desire or will. Your ideas, your views, your wishes will not change the natural law. The law has always been in operation: it is in operation now, it will continue to operate, for time is eternal and law is eternal, too. I know nothing of miracles. I do know that the power of the spirit, working according to natural law, though it may be a law not yet revealed or understood by those on earth, is capable of working seeming miracles."
Old 12-10-2010, 06:57 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
In the larger scheme of things there are no accidents. In other words, nothing can possibly happen that could ever derail God's over all divine plan. However accidents do exist from our point of view. God does not kill people off.

We say 'accidents' when actually we mean car or aircraft crashes, unfortunate outcomes etc. and as Tricia points out elsewhere, there is always cause and effect - nothing happens without a cause - 'accidents' simply don't occur because something always causes them.

The 'divine plan' or whatever one might say about lives here and elsewhere, does not plan every single occurrence - that would be an absurdity.

Individual lives - the 'life plans' of others - inpact on the lives of other individuals in ways that were not planned or intended. Not accidents, for the reasons already outlined, but interacting occurrences which bring about unplanned outcomes....

If we could just stop the pointless use of the term 'accident' we might then begin to usefully examine what really is going on.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:58 PM
lost imp

I'm a believer when your time is up its up.
You can give any it name you like eg. fate,karma etc but when your destined to go you will go.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:59 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia
Quite Silvergirl :) it was indeed A bit like there are no 'Coincidences' Perhaps I should have not used the word 'Accidents' I was prompted to ask this question after reading a reply to a recent post on here.

As I mention elsewhere, using 'accident' in the way we do leads to all manner of discussions and debates which take us round and round in circles.
Old 14-10-2010, 10:00 AM
Greenslade

Accidents are a mask. Events are a mask - life is a mask. It's when you care enough to look behind the mask that things start to make a little more sense.

If you're climbing up a cliff and you fall down, doesn't that tell you that you shouldn't be there or you should get trained/equipped properly? Or.........

If a plane crashes, doesn't that affect everyone on board in some way, and if it's on the news then it affects the people that are watching it as well?

If you cut your finger in the kitchen, shouldn't you be more careful?