Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 24-02-2017, 12:24 AM
Knower

Can you restart from an earlier time if you die and haven't done your goal?

I was watching Edge of Tomorrow last night where Tom Cruise's character repeatedly dies, only to restart on the previous day and I was wondering if someone died and didn't complete their purpose in life, could they restart from an earlier time where they merge with one of their infinite other selves in a parallel universe while the old universe they left behind, their dead bodies are buried. So if I died at age 32, could I go back to being age 12, back in the year 2000, if my goal in life wasn't completed? This makes me wonder if death is only an illusion because of the body's limitations.

Also, will our memories be intact if it is possible? Like I will have memories of the future and wanting to reincarnate as my non-existent twin sister or will I lose all of my memories, leading back to that moment in that particular point in time? Meaning everything that happened after the year 2000, from 2001-2020 is no longer remembered and overwritten by new memories. Like I'm not aware that 9/11 will happen on September 11, 2001.

Maybe you're given a choice to either start over with a new life or return to before when you died, which could be from 5 seconds until your initial death to all the way back to the day you were born. I think that would be pretty interesting and would make a great idea for a TV show or film. It also kinda reminds me of films like Groundhog Day, The Butterfly Effect, and Donnie Darko and even the TV show Quantum Leap.
Old 26-02-2017, 01:51 AM
Newbie ;)

While it would be quite interesting we still have to see if there is a multi-verse. If theory is true for each human being (and it could go further) there are infinite possibilities for not having fulfilled one's deeds. So there must be about 6 000 000 000 x infinite makes a lot of universes.
Old 05-03-2017, 12:11 PM
Experiencer

I'm not really a fan of this infinite/parallel universes theory.. this universe is large enough. Particularly when you factor in the different dimensions and planes of existence. Yeah.. here's me saying one theory is silly yet holding true to another concept that is equally silly (to most people).

Having proven myself a hypocrite, here we go:

I'd suggest that the events you experienced after your 'save point' still had meaning. Even your death would have meaning and is often the most important lesson in life. To go back and repeat some/any of those lessons would be superfluous.

There would be more benefit in starting a new life with more opportunities to learn the lessons you missed along with the new ones you have yet to tackle.

If there was some larger objective that needed to be completed at 'eg' 2002, you would simple start your new life a few decades prior to that. Which is another way of saying that you can have a future life that technically exists in the past.
Old 05-03-2017, 12:15 PM
Deactivated Account
This would be my favorite kind of ''afterlife''. Being able to go back in time and complete a life goal that is very dear to you if you failed miserably in your first life. But of course that sounds TOO good to be true...
Old 06-03-2017, 11:06 PM
Master
I am pretty sure that the timeline can be altered. It seems to be so.

There are no mistakes. If it was the master plan to go back and finish your mission after your death, then that might happen. It seems unlikely that would be the plan, because you might as well do it right the first time. It isn't inconsistent with the principals that I have come to understand, but it wouldn't be practical.

I think we are doing our mission, even if it seems boring and meaningless, it isn't.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:58 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeGood88
... their infinite other selves in a parallel universe ...
I don't think so. In my opinion, such speculations have only entertainment value, even when promoted by "scientists". Better, as much as you can, try to learn about the truth through your own experiences in altered states of consciousness.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:40 AM
Master
If you die without fulfiling your plan, which is more likely than not, you will have an opportunity in the afterlife to review all your life and later you will plan another life when you are ready to reincarnate in which you will learn the unfinished businesss and add new lessons.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:55 PM
Knower

So if I, like die in 2018, I can restart from like 1998 or 2003 and continue from there?

I sure as hell ain't going forward in time, whenever I die. This world is getting worse!

Last edited by BlakeGood88 : 08-03-2017 at 02:04 AM.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:37 AM
Tedmil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
This would be my favorite kind of ''afterlife''. Being able to go back in time and complete a life goal that is very dear to you if you failed miserably in your first life. But of course that sounds TOO good to be true...
Why not? Maybe we are tested with life failures.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeGood88
So if I, like die in 2018, I can restart from like 1998 or 2003 and continue from there?

I sure as hell ain't going forward in time, whenever I die. This world is getting worse!

Do you have a phobia of the future? Chances are you won't repeat the whole period but only lessons that were not completed and this may happen maybe 100 or 200 years give or take from the time you die.