Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 03-12-2017, 07:52 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Then, why do you say that TA people are 'resistant to change' in that it's something they 'must' do, instead of existing within your words, within your own realisation that 'one size does not fit all?'

Of course they should stay with TA if thats what they want to do. I have repeadedly said there is room for both, It is smearing those who choose differently that is totalitarian.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
Of course they should stay with TA if thats what they want to do. I have repeadedly said there is room for both, It is smearing those who choose differently that is totalitarian.
...and of course there is room for both, I have never argued contrary to it, yet if you allow yourself to rest in that awareness, you'll also see there's no totalitarianism involved whatsoever as it is only your own mental concepts which makes it so (to you).
Old 03-12-2017, 08:04 AM
Master

Quote:
...and of course there is room for both, I have never argued contrary to it, yet if you allow yourself to rest in that awareness, you'll also see there's no totalitarianism involved whatsoever as it is only your own mental concepts which makes it so (to you).

If that were so there would not have been the smearing NA as criminals, insane, delusional, and suididal.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:14 AM
Master
Quote:
If that were so there would not have been the smearing as NA as criminals, insane, delusional, and suididal.

You will see that the apples don't fall far from the tree and those who resort to the 'undermining' of a belief system are no different from those who take offense to it - in that, maybe they just haven't realised Brahman yet.

Yes, we can cling to our traditions...the means that got us where we are, but that's all they are meant to do, however high we are on that 'mountain'. I guess those of the 'Traditional mindset' don't wish to see genuine seekers taken in by the 'superficial' aspects of time-honoured, sacred teachings that have served seekers for millennia in their 'proven worth'. Which have stood for thousands of years, UNTIL the last five.

That being said, maybe NA will lead them on to study Shankaracharya or the Upanishads or adopt a more traditional, orthodox way...or maybe they will find what they need within NA itself...maybe they will obtain Moksha (liberation) in this way, maybe realise Brahman in this way...and that is ALL that matters and in that regard, nobody else can judge it.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:49 AM
Master

Quote:
You will see that the apples don't fall far from the tree and those who resort to the 'undermining' of a belief system are no different from those who take offense to it - in that, maybe they just haven't realised Brahman yet.

Yes, we can cling to our traditions...the means that got us where we are, but that's all they are meant to do, however high we are on that 'mountain'. I guess those of the 'Traditional mindset' don't wish to see genuine seekers taken in by the 'superficial' aspects of time-honoured, sacred teachings that have served seekers for millennia in their 'proven worth'. Which have stood for thousands of years, UNTIL the last five.

That being said, maybe NA will lead them on to study Shankaracharya or the Upanishads or adopt a more traditional, orthodox way...or maybe they will find what they need within NA itself...maybe they will obtain Moksha (liberation) in this way, maybe realise Brahman in this way...and that is ALL that matters and in that regard, nobody else can judge it.

Typical of the arrogance nonsense of TA when considering NA. I have to go to work now. Maybe you will drop that stuff by the time I get back and we can get back to some discussion.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Typical of the arrogance nonsense of TA when considering NA. I have to go to work now. Maybe you will drop that stuff by the time I get back and we can get back to some discussion.
I apologise for my total impartiality and non-duality in regards to this whole matter. I was speaking generally and not personally, actually giving NA some credence in regards to personal, subjective enlightenment.

There is one thing I have realised now though, you are totally beyond any 'help', beyond trying to reason with or communicate with. You're so set in your ways, in your own duality that you obviously enjoy, there's no actual discussion of non-duality with you on any level whatsoever.

Like I said before, I am not a 'Traditional Advaitin'...what you are looking at here is a full-blown Advaita Vedantin who can either include ALL as being Brahman - BOTH TA AND NA and that which also comprises the entire Universe AND/OR disclude BOTH as only being dual concepts not relational to or representing Brahman as the empirical Absolute...I can go from one to the other at the drop of a hat...hell, I can even entertain both concepts simultaneously...and then transcend both AS Brahman itself and, as you say, "drop that stuff" too!

However, I know I'm only chasing my tail here, as you're just not ready for these teachings yet and you need to understand these things for yourself! I can speak with you no further on this and no, I am not being a coward and 'running away'...I simply know when my time is being totally wasted. Thank you and peace be upon your path.

Regards, Shivani.
Old 03-12-2017, 04:57 PM
Master

Quote:
I apologise for my total impartiality and non-duality in regards to this whole matter. I was speaking generally and not personally, actually giving NA some credence in regards to personal, subjective enlightenment.

There is one thing I have realised now though, you are totally beyond any 'help', beyond trying to reason with or communicate with. You're so set in your ways, in your own duality that you obviously enjoy, there's no actual discussion of non-duality with you on any level whatsoever.

Like I said before, I am not a 'Traditional Advaitin'...what you are looking at here is a full-blown Advaita Vedantin who can either include ALL as being Brahman - BOTH TA AND NA and that which also comprises the entire Universe AND/OR disclude BOTH as only being dual concepts not relational to or representing Brahman as the empirical Absolute...I can go from one to the other at the drop of a hat...hell, I can even entertain both concepts simultaneously...and then transcend both AS Brahman itself and, as you say, "drop that stuff" too!

However, I know I'm only chasing my tail here, as you're just not ready for these teachings yet and you need to understand these things for yourself! I can speak with you no further on this and no, I am not being a coward and 'running away'...I simply know when my time is being totally wasted. Thank you and peace be upon your path.

Regards, Shivani.

Usual patronising nonsense.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:32 PM
Master
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRyXD9AKeXQ