Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 30-05-2019, 11:45 AM
Newbie ;)

How can you tell synchronicity from coincidence?

Hi all--new to these boards; thanks in advance for reading.

I'm wondering if you have any tips for being able to distinguish synchronicity from coincidence, or knowing whether you're actually intuiting something or whether you're own desires are making you see what you want to see.

Specifically, I recently dated a person with whom I felt a very strong connection. I'm on all the dating apps, so I've got plenty of experience with what it feels like to not have a connection, but this was really something else. We had everything in common, even down to strange little details like identical freckles on the tips of our noses but nowhere else on our faces. We only dated for a few weeks, but now it's almost two months later, and I still can't get him out of my head. It's weird, because it's typically pretty easy for me to let someone go once I realize that it isn't meant to be. (When h broke it off, he kept saying how much he liked me and wanted to see me, even though he knew that it was not a good time for him to be dating).

In these past couple of months, I've felt that the thought of him has had a particular kind of live energy, like it keeps asserting itself in my field of vision and that I should hold the thought in my mind as closely as I can. I don't quite know how to put it.

As for the synchronicities, I've been seeing his name everywhere: Spotify keeps recommending artists with his name, a song titled with his name was the first to play on my iTunes shuffle, Netflix automatically played the trailer for a movie with his name. I've also been seeing 1's and 3's all over the place. (e.g., at 11:13, I had 11% battery on my phone, 11 unread Facebook messages, 13 voicemails, 1,113 e-mails, and 13 unread texts. Every number on my phone was either a 1 or a 3).

So do you think that these are actual synchronicities I should be paying attention to, or do you think I'm just especially vigilant for synchronicity because I want to see it--and him--so badly?

I've been doing a whole lot of work lately (meditation, writing, etc.) to be able to hear the still, small voice of my intuition and the universe, but I'm new and I don't quite trust myself to be able to tell the difference between an actual sign and my own will.

Any insight would be much appreciated!
Old 25-06-2019, 01:18 AM
Pathfinder

Maybe not the preferred answer - I would recommend getting busy doing new things in your life to get him off your mind. The answers in regards to if you are both meant to be will be figured out when your mind hasn't been focused on him for some time.
Old 25-06-2019, 01:27 AM
Master

It's a matter of your perception.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 05-07-2019, 02:08 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myblueisyourblue
Hi all--new to these boards; thanks in advance for reading.

I'm wondering if you have any tips for being able to distinguish synchronicity from coincidence, or knowing whether you're actually intuiting something or whether you're own desires are making you see what you want to see.

Specifically, I recently dated a person with whom I felt a very strong connection. I'm on all the dating apps, so I've got plenty of experience with what it feels like to not have a connection, but this was really something else. We had everything in common, even down to strange little details like identical freckles on the tips of our noses but nowhere else on our faces. We only dated for a few weeks, but now it's almost two months later, and I still can't get him out of my head. It's weird, because it's typically pretty easy for me to let someone go once I realize that it isn't meant to be. (When h broke it off, he kept saying how much he liked me and wanted to see me, even though he knew that it was not a good time for him to be dating).

In these past couple of months, I've felt that the thought of him has had a particular kind of live energy, like it keeps asserting itself in my field of vision and that I should hold the thought in my mind as closely as I can. I don't quite know how to put it.

As for the synchronicities, I've been seeing his name everywhere: Spotify keeps recommending artists with his name, a song titled with his name was the first to play on my iTunes shuffle, Netflix automatically played the trailer for a movie with his name. I've also been seeing 1's and 3's all over the place. (e.g., at 11:13, I had 11% battery on my phone, 11 unread Facebook messages, 13 voicemails, 1,113 e-mails, and 13 unread texts. Every number on my phone was either a 1 or a 3).

So do you think that these are actual synchronicities I should be paying attention to, or do you think I'm just especially vigilant for synchronicity because I want to see it--and him--so badly?

I've been doing a whole lot of work lately (meditation, writing, etc.) to be able to hear the still, small voice of my intuition and the universe, but I'm new and I don't quite trust myself to be able to tell the difference between an actual sign and my own will.

Any insight would be much appreciated!

I once witnessed a little squabble between friends.
The one friend told the other friend "Beware of the color blue"
I was traveling with the friend that received the warning.

After about the 3rd day, he could not take it any more and blurted out
"I can't stand the color blue anymore".

So I think something that holds your attention so close to the heart
is bound to bring many things(names, numbers) to your attention to try and fulfill your desires.

2 things to consider.

1) If it was meant to BE it would still BE.
2) If it IS meant to BE in the future it WILL BE.

So either way try not to dwell on it.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:03 AM
Master

A synchronicity has nothing to do with coincidence. Nothing to do with 11.11 or three monkeys. When it happens to you - something which is very rare and which most people don't experience in a life time - at the moment is so powerful a coming together of cosmic forces which opens up the whole universe in one's mind and allows a short glimpse of how everything is one and shows especially how time, past and future are all connected.