Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 08-12-2018, 05:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlow
I was just curious of your experiences on this.
I have a science background heavy in chemistry, and physics. Growing up I heard astrology was innacurate silliness.

I never really gave it much thought till my 2nd awakening @2012.
I was so utterly shattered I looked at everything, astrology included though I am about the least Capricorn-y Capricorn I was so lost I had no choice but to look closer for anything.

I got my birthtime rectified and there in the moment of my birth was the anti-Capricorn. Looked like science and math to me. It was so erring accurate that I
for a while fell even further into my pit of dispair. The thought that I was just math, the sum of stars spinning at certain tragectories and combinations felt I was less a being and more a calculation or simulation.

Thankfully I am ok with that part now. :)

However I still see the world mock astrology and can’t stop wondering how are their blinders so firmly attached. Scientifically if you can prove a theory works repeatedly which astrology has been doing for eons it becomes accepted.

Do you think a large part is the lack of birth times being recorded in western hospitals? Or are people afraid to see the truth?

I’m curious what holds people back from seeing it for what it is. :)

You'll probably cringe... However in a way the religious bodies helped science with this one. Astrology was removed from the bible - there was lots of it in there by all accounts. Despite science calling it a pseudoscience, it is actually a science too and has as much right to be studied as anything else. The problem is the dis-belief and the fact that it is seen as soothsaying!!!

The Egyptians, essenses, incans all used it - they held the secret that our forefathers have stifled and hidden through fear.

Basically it's seen as woo woo and it is also seen as pretty meritless, however there is more to it than many want to believe, while we live in the type of system we do though there will always be things that are believed in and ideas and concepts that are made a scapegoat.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Why does society try so hard to undermine astrology?

Maybe because most people are only aware of their sun sign, and they find it hard to believe that on any given day one twelfth of the population will experience whatever is predicted for that sun sign in the popular press.

When we consider the full natal chart then it becomes more intricate. Two people born on the same day may have very different ascendants, which in turn affects the houses and the areas of our lives affected by planetary influences.

And a Piscean born in 1995 will have a very different chart to a Piscean born in 1975, so the popular daily horoscope for Pisces cannot provide an accurate reading for both.

So it is not surprising that many people dismiss astrology, because their understanding of it is so limited.

Regarding long-term scientific studies, Michel Gauquelin did many such studies, and found significant correlations between people in certain professions and certain planets in their charts (sportspeople-Mars, actors-Jupiter, doctors-Saturn).

It would be interesting to look at the lives of unrelated people born in the same place at the same time, who would have exactly the same natal charts, to see if there were parallel events in their lives. But even in these cases there would be other factors such as karma, Soul purpose, family circumstances, etc, all of which would have some kind of effect.

Peace.
I very much agree to what you said. It can get very complex and a lot of people don't want to study it.
Old 20-12-2018, 08:08 AM
Knower
I've studied astrology the past 10 years and it should be refuted because it is a deception. We lay down and connect some dots in the sky to come up with animals, people, and other archetypes. Then, we thrust every human characteristic onto it.

It is no wonder why some people will relate while others won't. (Sun sign or natal.) There are some people who don't relate to their natal chart at all. It's like a horseshoe toss.

It is psychology projected onto random clusters of stars. Synchronicity is the magic piece that makes it seem accurate.
Old 20-12-2018, 10:50 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlow
The thought that I was just math, the sum of stars spinning at certain tragectories and combinations felt I was less a being and more a calculation or simulation.

I was just enamored by the way you put this! -Fellow Studier of Astrology
Old 29-12-2018, 09:40 PM
Guide

Perhaps because there are so many moving parts.
Old 29-12-2018, 10:28 PM
Administrator
I AM a medium yet I don't believe in Astrology my birth date is very complicated it says I'm Aries yet I have all the traits of piscies I never read horoscopes as I don't believe in them. and I am not alone.

Namaste
Old 02-01-2019, 04:15 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I AM a medium yet I don't believe in Astrology my birth date is very complicated it says I'm Aries yet I have all the traits of piscies I never read horoscopes as I don't believe in them. and I am not alone.

Namaste

That's probably because you probably ARE a pisces.
The sidereal chart is 24 degrees back. So aries almost every time become a pisces in the sidereal zodiac.
Edgar Cayce in his readings did advocate using the sidereal zodiac btw.

https://www.edgarcaycenyc.org/edgar-...osmos-the-self
Quote:
The Cayce source believed that the Sidereal Zodiac was more accurate than the Tropical Zodiac used in the West. Reading 3376 - 2 states: “Though oft they are correct, more often ye find them at variance. For most astrologers are nearly 30 degrees off in the reckoning in the present.”

Quote:
When asked whether it would be helpful to study astrology to understand the effects of the stars and the planets, Cayce responded, “when studied aright, [it is] very, very, very much so.” (Readings 815-6 and 3744-4)
Old 03-01-2019, 06:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit

Namaste

Have you looked at your complete natal chart? If so, what is happening in Pisces? There may be strong planetary influences in Pisces even if your Sun is in Aries.

And when is your actual birthday? I was born on 21 March which in theory makes me Aries (although on the cusp), but at the time of birth my Sun was still in Pisces, and I am certainly more Piscean as a personality.

Like you, I don't bother with horoscopes, but studying my natal chart is quite revealing.

Peace.
Old 03-01-2019, 07:49 PM
Master
I think people want to know how they fit into the universe, so they attempt to unify personality with the stars in an impersonal universe. People always want a reason. A deterministic/causal paradigm is desirable. The motion of heavenly bodies is very reliable, and the repeatable motion of the zodiacs provides both concrete predictability and long term continuity whereas the life of human being is short and uncertain. People are very fond of patterns, which are predictable, and knowledge in itself, must be repeatable.

Astrology thrives on confirmation bias, and wherever it may shown fallacious, another dimension of convolution is added, and the web becomes increasingly intricate. Intricate enough that truth can projected onto the astrological paradigm just as it was the stars initially.
Old 04-01-2019, 01:44 AM
Master
One way of proving Astrology to yourself - by yourself, for yourself, is to do your chart and then learn about all the planets and their influences.

If planetary influences are indeed true, then you should be able to intuitively discern when and what kind of influence you are experiencing at any particular time frame – without first looking at the transits.

So from data knowing you switch into intuitive not-knowing – intending to find out that way.

For example – if you start to feel incredibly restricted – check out if you are having a Saturn transit.
Check out if there is a pattern to it i.e. you feel a similar kind of restriction every time Saturn affects your chart ....... and so on with other planets.

If your intuition (unbiased not-knowing, 'listening' to the influences) and data knowledge are a match – there is your proof.