Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 09-03-2015, 07:20 PM
Scar40

The afterlife.

Does anyone think one day that proof will exist of the afterlife being real? I read stories all over including on here and I can never make up my mind whether to believe Or not. I want to because I'm scared of dying. But if I knew that death really isn't the end it would change my life.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator
There will always be people who believe and people who don't. I am not sure if there is a benefit for us knowing for sure as the veil of confusion would make our lessens less impactful. Ultimately I think we each have to go by our own inner knowing. For me personally I have had too many messages from spirit guiding me for me to think this is all random. Too many intuitive knowings for me to have not been here before. But that is just my experience. Either way, in the end if it ends and there is nothing more you will not know any better anyways. You will just cease to exist but I strongly feel that we live on.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:13 PM
Suspended

The only way you'll really know is by going there and having direct experience of those worlds. By consciously leaving your body..
Old 09-03-2015, 11:07 PM
Knower

Hi Scar,
Death is not the end and you will go to the afterlife when you leave the planet.
Your Soul is immortal and you will keep returning to the earth to live different lives until you get to the stage where you are ready to get off the wheel of birth and death.
One day you will merge with the Divine forever and never return.
Light and Peace
Cirrus
Old 10-03-2015, 05:01 AM
Olorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar40
Does anyone think one day that proof will exist of the afterlife being real?
I don't think so.
The crux of the matter is that the afterlife (if it exists) is beyond this physical world and therefore un-provable. It takes faith to believe.
This could mean either that:
1/ There is no afterlife.
2/ The truth is hidden from us whilst we are alive - possibly for a reason.
We have to face this uncertainty and choose what to believe.
Old 10-03-2015, 08:26 AM
Master

'Death' is definitely not the end. Life is a continuum. There is no death.

Think of how many spirit communications, signs, NDEs etc there have been over the years .... Millions! Even just one compromises the 'death is the end' theory.

Keep reading up about life in the beyond/survival, the truth of it will reveal itself.
At the very least keep an open mind.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com

Last edited by knightofalbion : 10-03-2015 at 12:33 PM.
Old 10-03-2015, 09:37 AM
Deactivated Account

I don't think the quality of a person's life should be dependent upon whether or not death is the end. It's more about accepting your fear of death, not about what comes after it.
Old 10-03-2015, 10:10 AM
Watkins

There are books with accounts related to the afterlife.
I share the same fear myself but it's there, and there's nothing we can do about it. Don't let the fear of dying stop you from living. There are worse things than death, I think.
Old 10-03-2015, 12:19 PM
OftheSun

My take on it is that just as there are a huge variety of beliefs and experiences/circumstances in life, so there will be after death.

I don't believe we are merely all on different paths to the same mountaintop, I believe there are different places in which we are headed, and it seems that history bears this out. Such a variety of beliefs and experiences, including NDE's all throughout the ages, and no one defining conclusion.

Some people distinctly recall past lives as well as periods between earthly manifestations. Others are quite sure they've never been round the block before.

I truly do not believe there is an afterlife for ME (and some others as well) but I just as deeply believe that there are for others, and that there is not the same destiny or repetition of cycles for every person.

I have a dead friend, his afterlife is not heaven from what I can tell of his responses to me. Nor does he intuit that once I pass I will "join him" etc. I had an NDE (note this was a NEAR death experience, I was not dead) and for me it was a knowing that I would be part of the great OKness...but not "me", not coming back to earth, not going to heaven or hell...just done and that was fine.

I believe that other's NDE's are just as valid and show what their afterlife will be (or not).

Some people spend their entire earthly lives feeling as if they are souls trapped in a body and waiting for the time they can shed their bodies. I feel 100% that there is no divide in me. I don't have a spiritual self and a physical self, it's all one, and when my physical body dies, so does my consciousness or any sense of "me" as a distinct thing.

But I think it's clear that that is not the case for many people. What does your "gut" tell you about afterlife?
Old 10-03-2015, 07:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar40
Does anyone think one day that proof will exist of the afterlife being real? I read stories all over including on here and I can never make up my mind whether to believe Or not. I want to because I'm scared of dying. But if I knew that death really isn't the end it would change my life.

You might be interested in a book 'Proof of Heaven' by a neuroscientist who had a hardcore NDE