Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 18-01-2017, 09:25 PM
Experiencer

Praying each day ~

To be a practiced, very spiritual person do I NEED to pray everyday? Or is that just something a very "in tune" spiritual person does to be have such contacts with the spirit world (ie, feather dropping out of no where, seeing spirits ...?
Old 18-01-2017, 09:59 PM
Master
To be a practiced, very spiritual person, you just need to do whatever you feel comfortable doing on any given day to work toward the growth you desire. There is no need to do anything unless you feel it is necessary for your growth experience.

Old 18-01-2017, 10:06 PM
Ascender
You don't need to pray each day (or at all) in my opinion though I'm sure this will get very mixed responses :)

I would say, particularly regarding angels just being greatful is enough! I always give thanks in my head.

I personally don't feel there is any set path with spirituality, we are all on our own journeys... but I think meditation would be a wonderful start.

Regarding "gifts" such as seeing spirits I see this as a very natural personal thing, I think we all have some abilities but not for everything... so some people may have the gift of knowing others may see spirits... it doesn't necessarily compare to how "spiritual" they are or how dedicated they are with it. But things they are things that can be developed if you have them. That's just my opinion though.

I suppose my question to you is why? Do you want to connect with spirits for a reason or feel a need to be more spiritual? Maybe people could give you advise on how to achieve your goals. But I think you will always get mixed advice somewhere like here, so I'd say be open minded but you need to decide what's right and wrong at the end of the day. And what works for one may not work for another... so it's all a bit of a mind field really :) but welcome to forum :)
Old 19-01-2017, 09:19 AM
Master
Hi Joyce. Some pray, some meditate, some do Qi Gong or Yoga, some chant or sing, whereas I go for walks in nature. Whatever activity makes you feel connected to life in a happy, healthy way. It's when we are connected and happy that we are best able to tune into the spiritual side of life. And that's when we begin to have the sort of spiritual experiences you are speaking about. They're really spiritual exchanges; communicating with spirit.
Old 19-01-2017, 10:34 AM
Newbie ;)

you need to pray each and every moment ....internally ............
Old 19-01-2017, 11:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by admissioninfo123
you need to pray each and every moment ....internally ............
Nice. And I think it's important to point out to Joyce that it is not an internal repeated prayer or mantra, it's an internal attitude one carries with them throughout the day... seeing the best in life, living in joy and gratitude.
Old 19-01-2017, 11:31 AM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce
To be a practiced, very spiritual person do I NEED to pray everyday? Or is that just something a very "in tune" spiritual person does to be have such contacts with the spirit world (ie, feather dropping out of no where, seeing spirits ...?

Praying & the amount of times is a personal choice ...
Signs have always just come like an unexpected gift; I have no explanation for it ...
This might help, my belief & trust in God has been since childhood ...
Never too late to start!
However, there is no guarantee you'll get signs or they will be helpful or interpreted correctly, some just come & you'll smile maybe take them as being aligned w/the universe ...
My husband & I received signs weeks before & on the day of his death for unknown reasons ...
We both misnterpreted them, his car collision could not have been prevented, they did provide a warning or comfort ...
Who knows, maybe I've received them to help further maintain my beliefs ...
Old 25-01-2017, 12:02 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Whether we need to pray and how often, we need to understand first, what is prayer? What's its real role?

People feel the need to pray when they feel disoriented and need help.

Where would the guidance come from?

Where would the help come from?

We all belong to, and incarnate, the one spirit that governs all life and existence.

Whereas our local and transient life might get disoriented and needs help, when we pray, we are really commanding our greater self to respond to the needs of our lesser self.

So prayer is really giving signals to our own greater existence, in order to give us the right guidance, and the needed help.

But we are one with our greater existence...

So prayer is a continuous process within our own existence...

We don't need to worry how often we need to pray, because it's going on all the time within the connection that binds us all together, in our subconscious existence.

However, if it gives greater comfort, let it be exposed to our conscious mind, whenever we feel the need for it.

Let each one of us make his own prayer, and ..

Let us pray...
Old 25-01-2017, 02:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce

Hello,

For me it is best to never pray in the conventional sense of that word. I am most 'in tune' when I discuss issues with spirit. Spirit being that divine within me as well as the divine within every one of us.

The implication of prayer is that you are asking for something. In my view, it is better to send your energy of intent for well being in what ever form the all knowing divine sees as best.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 28-01-2017, 07:15 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

The statements made by John32241 are very true..

However, I might add that prayer could be a way of commanding YOUR greater cosmic and eternal existence to respond to the situation in which YOUR local transient existence is found..

With that attitude.. Prayers are bound to take effect..