Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 29-12-2016, 08:18 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Where do I even begin...

"Reaching out neutrally and open minded..."

It is called a 'spirit box' and it's a modified radio I have used with much success.

If you look on Youtube and see videos of Steve Huff and Mortis the Wizard using this, you'll see there are voices coming through that is definitely not 'the radio'.

This helped me understand there were other things 'out there' and broke the ice.

Huh. I may just have to check that out. Thanks!
Old 31-12-2016, 12:24 AM
Master
If you can't believe, then pretend to believe. Fake it til you make it.

You don't have to truly believe, but by acting as though you do and pretending that you do have a fairy godmother or higher power who is helping you out, then it becomes more accessible.
Old 31-12-2016, 03:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden_Greywolf
Hi there, so, connecting with spirits/guides/deities/etc. has always been of huge interest to me ever since I started looking into my spirituality and what might be out there. Unfortunately, I've had no success in establishing a meaningful path for myself and have subsequently lost faith in pretty much everything recently.

Regardless....

If I wanted to try to reach out as neutrally, and open-minded as possible, to spirit guides, or whatever they may be called, what would be my first step?

Begin to cultivate focus and concentration, meditation is the perfect skill for this and it will be necessary to experience powerful altered states of consciousness later so why not build the skill now anyways through learning concentration then focus.

Mix imagination with concentration during meditation and you can experience spirit guides, astral locations, shamanic states of consciousness.

Imagination and concentration are opposing forces so it takes a lot of practice before a person can begin a vision by using imagination, and concentrate on it long enough to gain it's wisdom before more thoughts intrude.

Learning to master intention and to focus on a single desire is a good place for imagination to take hold, once the vision you want appears concentrate on it and let it continue instead of seeking more visions. There is a tunnel where the mind can go to view thoughts and that's where I go, then I let my emotions guide me (in astral form emotions can be like a gravity, we follow them and they move our body instead of consciously moving it like we do in waking reality.) By focusing on one emotion the emotion grows stronger and thoughts come up that match the feeling.

Using conscious control focus on what you want to do, consciously choose your vision and when the emotion comes up follow it, accept it in and feel it even stronger, then the thoughts will come up that match the emotion. If it's a good vision then decipher it, if it's nonsense just let it go. I prefer to think that the nonsense visions are of my past or future (it's a lot of space stuff) or the eqivalent of cool animations like a screensaver for when my consciousness goes on auto-pilot (in which case they wouldn't be magical at all, just imagination and thoughts, which is okay with me since I often gain insight from them anyways)
Old 31-12-2016, 05:13 PM
Master
Quote:

If I wanted to try to reach out as neutrally, and open-minded as possible, to spirit guides, or whatever they may be called, what would be my first step?

Hi,

I would suggest listening to some channeled information for inspiration. It is very hard to evolve your beliefs when you do not know how to do that.

You seem to have the basic intent, now you want to stimulate your motivation. These are very personal things. What has worked well for another most likely will not work for you.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 31-12-2016, 05:57 PM
Administrator
Hello

I would look to whom comes to you in your dreams and quiet moments of reflection. That glimpse at times of what you think is there but too quickly dismiss as not being real.

You have a logical brain that want things in black and white clarity so you have to be open to explore more the shades of gray that are there in the subconscious part of our brain. This is the 6th sense or intuition centre we all have.

We too look for a Guide to come in human form and at times we might have a animal one that is more present to us. What animal calls out to you?

Here is a simple meditation to try. Its the first one I ever used to connect as like you I did not know what a Guide was, as a Medium I confused mine with just those in spirit around me.

SPIRIT GUIDE REUNION

Your Spirit Guide is the twin aspect of one’s soul, the one you seek to reconnect to for that
Balance and oneness. Your Guide is that twin part of your soul that guides your journey now. Your Guide opens one to conscious awareness and opens one to that higher frequency of Light. This connects one to the 6th Sense awareness, to hear on the level of the soul. The brain is calmed and one listens with the gut. When you take the brain out of the “logic” processing of everything you learn to FEEL awareness.

PREPARE AS YOU WOULD FOR MEDITAION

Relax… You’re Mind…..Your Body

Envision oneself walking through a beautiful field. The day is sunny and clear. The flowers are fresh and flow gently in the breeze their fragrance intoxicating. A stream flows gently over white stones as you listen to its rippling sounds. You are at peace…in balance. In the distance you see a form coming closer to you. It is your Spirit Guide the twin aspect of your soul. You move closer and greet each other a glowing recognition between you a flame ignited. Your Heart Chakra open with love. You do on a sacred journey into awareness, Light and unconditional love. Enjoy your journey. It won’t be long before this becomes your reality.
Old 31-12-2016, 11:07 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Okay, so you've never had faith before.

Believe is hard thing for you to do because you can't just blindly jump in. Think of it like magic. Don't try, will it. You don't have to look. Just let spirits and guides come to you.

Mediation would be a good first step. Just lie down or sit and close your eyes and let it come to you.
Old 25-01-2017, 03:56 AM
Newbie ;)

Hey Rayden_Greywolf, maybe you need to focus in your spiritual awakening?

Before I was very unaware of my surroundings and my own soul, I couldn't really feel all this energy. My awakening just happened to me without any notice and it was very hard, I went to a break down, life crisis, lots of pain and a twin soul to help me be where I am now.

Every person path is gonna be different, but meditation definitely help me to start hearing my angels with clarity. And one thing that I remembered now is that all this process started when I was true to myself and decided to leave all the things that would make me unhappy and miserable.

Good luck with your journey!
Old 25-01-2017, 11:09 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Hi there, so, connecting with spirits/guides/deities/etc. has always been of huge interest to me ever since I started looking into my spirituality and what might be out there. Unfortunately, I've had no success in establishing a meaningful path for myself and have subsequently lost faith in pretty much everything recently.

Regardless....

When you say "meaningful path for myself ", what do you mean?

Try to clarify to yourself, what should be a "meaningful path". This already shows that you believe in some meaning for your existence.

In fact when you discover that you are "everything", just like each and everyone of us, you would have discovered the meaning you're looking for.

The faith you should hold to is that you are meaningful and whatever path you choose is a fundamental decision of the one spirit to which you and all of us belong, and incarnate.
Old 26-01-2017, 01:52 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaydenA
Okay, so you've never had faith before.

Believe is hard thing for you to do because you can't just blindly jump in. Think of it like magic. Don't try, will it. You don't have to look. Just let spirits and guides come to you.

Mediation would be a good first step. Just lie down or sit and close your eyes and let it come to you.

This is actually a great piece of advice, meditation and just quieting the mind! I can tell you, I thought I was reading your original post in my own voice because it's so hard to believe in anything when you've tried just about everything :p But, when I started meditating, everything I believed became clear...then, I took a break...don't meditate anymore and I feel nothing! It's difficult to carve out the time right now to get back into it, but definitely try the meditation thang (tons of YouTube videos can help you find what you like best, guided or tones or binaural beats, etc.). Then, whatever comes to you will be what is for you. Good luck on your journey!
Old 26-01-2017, 02:36 AM
Newbie ;)

I feel your pain for me I have also just started on my journey into the unknown and I must say at times it is frustrating, but All I can say is be patient for me it started in forms of dreams. I have slowly been more and more patient with meditation and the results are different for everyone. Although I can say this it has slowly been developing into something I cannot even explain it will work if you believe the miracle is possible but it will come to you as stated above keep practicing and be patient.