Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 23-03-2015, 08:16 AM
Seeker
No, i don't believe. It is just in the mind of a person. We all are energies, positive and negative, it is up to you if you go on to the negative one. It is part of our lesson, to be with the light, to be with God and to not let any negativities come into us.
Old 23-03-2015, 07:05 PM
LightOfTheMind

You have the wrong idea of spirituality. But that is just a matter of opinion.
On topic. Lucifer is a concept, an idea, a metaphor, a symbol and so on. Although ther are enities that are like lucifer in the esoteric planes of existence. Satan is al that keeps you away from god. But if you do not graps the concept of lucifer...surely you will not graps the concept of god.
No offens intented.
Old 23-03-2015, 07:20 PM
Knower

dark sides

i believe there is always a dark side. call it whatever name. as someone here said, all knowledge springs out form the merging of the opposites. evil forces exist. they are the other side. i also have no fear but yes, i can see them very very clearly. one cannot exit without the other.
Old 24-03-2015, 02:11 AM
Kiran65

I don't believe in satan. That is, from what I've seen, a term mainly used in Christianity. I've studied the major religions, and was brought up Hindu, and have never believed in Satan. I know evil exists, I think we have all, sadly, encountered it at one time or another. To ask if spiritual people believe in satan, I think it would depend on the spiritual person you are speaking with at the moment :).

I believe in Moksha without a doubt, or Heaven, or Nirvana, however you'd like to term it. I believe in karma, again without a doubt. I think karma makes more sense than anything else I've ever heard of. It is justice, in the truest form.
Old 24-03-2015, 02:29 AM
Deactivated Account
To me Satan and God are the same coin, if you turn away from your true inner being God, then you turn to the other side Satan, one is darkness the other light, you cannot have, that is darkness and light without the other, again they are of the same coin.
Old 24-03-2015, 07:18 AM
wanderlusterer

Hmm.. Good question. I'm not sure if i believe in the Christian god? Or even a "god" for that matter. But i do believe in angels, at the moment anyway. To some extent i believe deities of other cultures are possible angels under different names. Kuan yin, brighd, hermes, athena, yemaja, isis, are possibly angels that have been deified by ancient cultures. At the same time, other deities from the same pantheon couldve been demons that have also been deified. After all, it seems like the gods often have quarrels and arguments amongst themselves right? Could be the angels battling the demons

So to answer your question... Yes lucifer might be a particularly malicious demon, perhaps even holding powers of a lesser archangel, but thats the most credit i'll give him/her/it.

What revolver said a couple of posts up does make loads of sense too.
Old 25-03-2015, 10:36 PM
DasBubenheim

I've always thought the mainstream idea of Satan/Lucifer (and God for that matter) to be somewhat...misguided for lack of a better term. Particularly the Christian image of Satan and the origin of evil. Small kernels of Truth, but vastly missing the larger picture.

I reject the notion that Light and Darkness are co-dependent. Light does not need Darkness to exist. Darkness doesn't need the Light either, though it is with pleasure that Darkness will twist, consume, and taint Light. Because we experience both in this existence and can therefore tell the difference between them does not mean they are bound to each other. The presence of Light and Dark does not create balance, for any amount of Darkness creates imbalance.

I also reject the idea that Karma is a fundamentally good thing. Someone paying Karma would be someone with Darkness in them (i.e. acts upon dark thoughts to harm others). Because the soul is of the Dark, the soul becomes trapped in the cycle of Karma and it is very difficult to get out. Therefore, in terms of Light vs. Dark where Karma is involved, Darkness wins. I don't see justice in Karma. I see suffering.

But that's just my crazy opinion
Old 26-03-2015, 01:16 AM
Deactivated Account
Of course when we talk about darkness and light were not talking about a torch or candle light, its a metaphor, its pure Source or Consciousness. Darkness can be like matter, while the light is beyond matter, or again the Source or Consciousness.
Old 26-03-2015, 02:03 AM
Kiran65

Karma doesn't have to be a negative thing--you can have good karma from past deeds bringing about good acts, a positive outcome, etc. It is just the idea that you don't escape your past actions. I, personally, don't consider that suffering, I consider it justice, although I suppose it all depends on your point of view :).