Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 20-10-2014, 11:52 PM
talking crow

Mirror work

I have had an interesting relationship with my reflection for years. Or with myself via my reflection. Though really, it feels like the former. I have heard others mention mirror work in witchcraft, but never heard an explanation of how they use it. I have heard of people using mirrors to deflect negative energy back to someone who is sending it, but I am not really interested in that. I am interested in a higher purpose than "I'm rubber you're glue..." I have had long conversations with my reflection in darker times in which my reflection seemed like a twin or other version of myself. In my years of using hallucinogens, I have, like many others, gotten stuck gazing into the mirror. I have used mirror magic with the Yoruba goddess of change, and as a spiritual 7th step (if you are familiar with the 12 steps). To proclaim my purpose and how I am going to change. I still feel there is more work I can do with mirrors, with my reflection, but I'm not sure what else to do... I'm interested in what you know of mirror magic, or how you've used them in your practice.
Old 23-10-2014, 10:12 AM
Naddread

There is a Rosicrucian practice that involves being seated in front of mirror in a completely dark room except for a lit candle placed behind you (on a tables, bench, stool, etc.). You basically practice the meditative techniques of deep, slow, rhythmic breathing and at the same time rest your gaze on your reflection. ***Be warned it is supposed to open you up to the dark elements of your being. By which I don't mean evil things but simply things you may have stored away because you considered them unacceptable for some reason but never really dealt with them.***

I've not tried it myself however.

~Naddread~
Old 28-10-2014, 10:25 PM
talking crow

Interesting. Do you have any links or books about this?
...I expected to get more responses to this post. Maybe I should post in a different section?
Sometimes my reflection appears to move in small ways that I don't think I did.
Old 29-10-2014, 03:37 AM
Naddread

Quote:
Originally Posted by talking crow
Interesting. Do you have any links or books about this?
...I expected to get more responses to this post. Maybe I should post in a different section?
Sometimes my reflection appears to move in small ways that I don't think I did.

Nothing detailed sorry. The info is just a very brief part of a book by an ex-Rosicrucian. There is no other mentioning of any other "mirror work" in it.

~Naddread~
Old 29-10-2014, 08:55 AM
Master
Black Mirrors

Ref : dormant forum - CunningFolk.org

A scrying mirror is usually black. The easiest way to make one is to find a picture frame that you like, take the glass out and paint one side black, then replace the glass with the black on the inside.
Sit quietly in a darkened room, lit by a candle which is out of your sight. Look into the mirror. Allow your eyes to relax and become slightly unfocussed. After a little while you should see a mist or smoke forming in the mirror. Let this mist grow and fill the mirror, then visualise it gradually clearing to reveal images within the mirror.
The images you see might not be what you expected. That's OK, don't fight them. Your subconscious mind knows what information you need. Just let the images flow, changing and taking you wherever they choose to go.
Once the scryning mirror has shown you all the images you need, they will begin to fade. Don't just stop the session suddenly, instead reverse the process you used at the beginning. Visualise the mists coming back and covering the images, then receding to return the mirror to its natural state.

I "discovered" an alternative method. A modern flat-screen TV can be used as a Black Mirror !
Old 29-10-2014, 09:49 PM
talking crow

Thanks, norseman. This is similar to some other gazing practices I've tried, but not with a mirror. I will have to give that a try sometime.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:16 AM
Experiencer

I know very little about Paganism, but one thing I've noticed with mirrors: if I'm in front of a mirror and I, (with a calm mind), hold both hands up to it, arms straight, palms facing the mirror, sometimes I will feel this strange kind of energy release from it. Usually, if I do this when I'm stressed out, I will feel the most release. It always makes me feel more relaxed. It's like energy somehow gets pulled out of my palms. You might try that and see what happens.
Old 13-11-2014, 01:29 AM
Knower

Hi, I don't know much about mirror work but when I was younger about 12ish my Nan told me about this practice were you sit in front of a mirror in a dark room with only a candle and look into the mirror I did this and I remember after a few minutes l saw a woman looking back at me it scared the **** out of me I was crying I was that scared and wouldn't sleep on my own for years. I don't know who or what it was in the mirror but even now when I think about it scares me .
Old 13-11-2014, 04:11 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilly13
Hi, I don't know much about mirror work but when I was younger about 12ish my Nan told me about this practice were you sit in front of a mirror in a dark room with only a candle and look into the mirror I did this and I remember after a few minutes l saw a woman looking back at me it scared the **** out of me I was crying I was that scared and wouldn't sleep on my own for years. I don't know who or what it was in the mirror but even now when I think about it scares me .

This practice of holding a candle a little in front and a little below your own face in a dark room looking into a mirror will show you who you were in a past life - and of course what you looked like.
Old 13-11-2014, 04:23 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
This practice of holding a candle a little in front and a little below your own face in a dark room looking into a mirror will show you who you were in a past life - and of course what you looked like.
I was one scary looking women then :) the face I seen was very old with blonde wavey hair I've always wanted to try it again to see what would happen but always chicken out,I was told it was like using a Ouija board.