Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 22-09-2014, 03:26 AM
Knower

What happened to me?

I hope I have the right forum

I haven't thought about this for many years. But since I had my first reiki treatment things have been changing for me and this has popped into my mind again. Now I am curious.

Many years ago, probably 14 or 15 years, I had a strange experience while I was asleep. In the middle of the night, just seconds before I actually woke up I seemed to fly down from the ceiling towards my body (which was in bed), I did a flip (lol) and then floated down back first into my body. I then immediately woke up. This all happened very fast.

I still remember it vividly, how real it felt and how weird it was. It didn't feel like a dream. I pushed it out of my mind back then because I didn't believe in anything spiritual. But it has recently come back to me. What was that? Has anyone else experienced something similar.
Old 22-09-2014, 04:37 AM
Pathfinder
You had an OBE (Out of body experience). It means your astral body left your physical body. Remember, your soul did not leave your body, your astral body did. It is quite a cool experience. Many people have experienced this, so you are not alone. In fact, this whole thread is about Astral Projection!
Old 22-09-2014, 05:02 AM
Knower

Yes I've read some of the other threads now. It's good to confirm that I wasn't imagining it. I would've assumed it was my soul, I've never heard of an astral body before. Now I'm wondering how I managed to do that!
Old 22-09-2014, 05:17 AM
Master

There is no right or wrong as it cannot be proven. When I leave my body it is my soul or astral self, the same thing. I have felt myself leaving my body many times.
Old 23-09-2014, 04:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshmallow10
I hope I have the right forum

I haven't thought about this for many years. But since I had my first reiki treatment things have been changing for me and this has popped into my mind again. Now I am curious.

Many years ago, probably 14 or 15 years, I had a strange experience while I was asleep. In the middle of the night, just seconds before I actually woke up I seemed to fly down from the ceiling towards my body (which was in bed), I did a flip (lol) and then floated down back first into my body. I then immediately woke up. This all happened very fast.

I still remember it vividly, how real it felt and how weird it was. It didn't feel like a dream. I pushed it out of my mind back then because I didn't believe in anything spiritual. But it has recently come back to me. What was that? Has anyone else experienced something similar.
To understand an experience such as yours first one must understand that an "astral body" cannot leave a physical body nor can it go into one. The reason is that the astral body and physical body exist in completely different dimensions and therefore the astral body is never inside of a physical body to begin with. Fundamentally we are multi-dimensional beings, meaning that we have many bodies that exist in other dimensions at the same time as our physical body exists, many of them have other extensions of us (our consciousness) similar to the extension of consciousness in your physical body parallel to us. The only thing that ever "leaves a body" or "goes back to a body" through dreaming, astral projection, etc. is our consciousness. Our consciousness is capable of leaving one body and going into another, our astral body is not. In some realms consciousness is able to move around freely completely free from the shackles and restraints created by the need to be in and being in a body.

With that explained what you experienced could be called a dream or projection (they are practically the same thing). Regular average people who do not practice lucid dreaming and astral projection have these types of experiences quite often but just shrug them off as meaningless "dreams" and reflections of their mind. When a person is first falling asleep and/or about to wake up they have access to senses that they don't normally have in waking-life, the reason for that is they are in a different dimension. A dimension more spiritually attuned and capable. The dimension you were likely in from what it sounds is called the "RTZ" which stands for Real Time-Zone. To put it plainly it is a dimension that mimics the physical dimension in many ways (mostly visually) but is slightly less dense and more spiritually capable. The RTZ is actually a parallel dimension to the physical dimension overlapping it in many ways which leads to it looking very similar to the physical space it overlaps. A lot of people will have dreams in the RTZ space overlapping their house and think they are in their house and not know they are dreaming because of how real and similar to looks, but often there will be odd visual, audio, or sensual distortions that couldn't exist in the physical dimension. Your consciousness left your physical body (as it does every night a person sleeps) and then the feeling of it "going back to a body" was one of a few possible things. One of them is that the body you saw was another being and you were simply headed in that direction thinking it was "your body". Since you were in a completely different dimension there is no chance of it being your physical body. In a spiritual dimension what you see exists in a spiritual dimension, in a physical dimension what you see exists in a physical dimension. If what you saw was "your body" then it was likely what is called an etheric body which is the densest of all of our spiritual bodies.
Old 23-09-2014, 12:29 PM
Suspended
Yea sounds like a OBE of some kind would have been good if you had control over it, also if you think an feel like it wasn't a dream... it wasn't.
Old 23-09-2014, 01:01 PM
Knower

Thanks everyone, that's a lot of information for me to think about. I had no idea it was so complicated. What Astral Explorer said has made me think that it may not have been my body that I was above. I actually can't remember physically seeing anything. I remember how it felt and although I'm not sure if I saw a body with my eyes, there was one there and I just assumed it was me when I woke up and ran over the experience in my head.

Anyway I am more curious now and will do some reading to learn more. Maybe one day I'll get to experience it again :)
Old 23-09-2014, 05:08 PM
Knower

Hi Marshmallow10,

This happened to me almost every night of my childhood. I always ended projections with the feeling as though falling from the ceiling right down into my bed, and I'd wake up with a start without having lost consciousness through the whole experience. One minute? Falling. The next? Boom! Right back into the physical. My physical body would flinch as if it had just fallen even though I knew it hadn't, of course. Boy, did I fall from the ceiling a lot! ha!
Old 23-09-2014, 07:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshmallow10
Thanks everyone, that's a lot of information for me to think about. I had no idea it was so complicated. What Astral Explorer said has made me think that it may not have been my body that I was above. I actually can't remember physically seeing anything. I remember how it felt and although I'm not sure if I saw a body with my eyes, there was one there and I just assumed it was me when I woke up and ran over the experience in my head.

Anyway I am more curious now and will do some reading to learn more. Maybe one day I'll get to experience it again :)
Unfortunately a lot of stuff out there about astral projection lies and convinces people that they are "leaving their body" with their astral body and that they are going to somehow magically see their physical body or any other physical body for that matter. And so what happens is that they manifest a false image of or change the image of another body existing in that dimension to look like their body. Their mind does this so that they can accept the fact they are in an astral projection, but it is merely an illusion and not necessary. Because they wouldn't be able to create and see that illusion unless they were in an astral projection to begin with. Once a person sees the truth and moves past the fact that an astral body doesn't leave a physical body or that you can't see a physical body in an astral dimension they will move forward and their projection and projection attempts will be much more productive since they are not limited and confined by a false belief that they are "leaving their physical body" with their astral body and they are going to see their physical body. That belief is obsolete baggage that far too many people refuse to put down unfortunately. Your experience was an astral experience regardless of if what you saw was a body or not a body, your body or someone else's body, etc.
Old 24-09-2014, 12:34 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egadanadage
Hi Marshmallow10,

This happened to me almost every night of my childhood. I always ended projections with the feeling as though falling from the ceiling right down into my bed, and I'd wake up with a start without having lost consciousness through the whole experience. One minute? Falling. The next? Boom! Right back into the physical. My physical body would flinch as if it had just fallen even though I knew it hadn't, of course. Boy, did I fall from the ceiling a lot! ha!

Yes that's what it felt like. Like I was falling, and I got a bit of a jolt when I hit the bed which at the same time I woke up. I don't know what the flip was all about, but that felt very real too. Maybe I just like to astral project in style

Not losing consciousness kind of fits in with what Astral Explorer was saying about it being the consciousnesses that leaves. I'm finding it hard to get my head around it, but maybe that's why it seems so real.