Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 10-09-2014, 07:07 PM
Experiencer
What was this?

I know the feeling of AP and coming out of your body and in fact have achieved it enough to come out of my body but not go any where. This experience however is something that has never happened before. I was sitting on the sofa with my laptop on my lap playing a virtual game. All of a sudden I got very sleepy. I didn't want to go to sleep as it would ruin my sleeping patterns and I would have a restless night's sleep so I made myself stay awake. This sleepy feeling became so strong and finally I let my head fall back. It fell back so quick and I felt myself come out of my body as if I was fixing to AP. As soon as I came out I was pulled right back in and instantly was re-nergized. For the rest of the night I was wide awake and was still wide awake even until 3 in the morning. Needless to say my sleep pattern was still ruined in the end Any ways, what was that? Is it something of significance or nothing at all?

Thanks for your help,
Emerald
Old 10-09-2014, 11:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Imber
I know the feeling of AP and coming out of your body and in fact have achieved it enough to come out of my body but not go any where. This experience however is something that has never happened before. I was sitting on the sofa with my laptop on my lap playing a virtual game. All of a sudden I got very sleepy. I didn't want to go to sleep as it would ruin my sleeping patterns and I would have a restless night's sleep so I made myself stay awake. This sleepy feeling became so strong and finally I let my head fall back. It fell back so quick and I felt myself come out of my body as if I was fixing to AP. As soon as I came out I was pulled right back in and instantly was re-nergized. For the rest of the night I was wide awake and was still wide awake even until 3 in the morning. Needless to say my sleep pattern was still ruined in the end Any ways, what was that? Is it something of significance or nothing at all?

Thanks for your help,
Emerald
The physical body exists in the physical dimension, the bodies we experience in dreams and projections exist in completely different dimensions. The astral body is never inside of the physical body - they exist in completely different dimensions. The only thing that leaves our physical body and enters the body we will dream or project in is our consciousness. What people are experiencing when they feel like they are "leaving their body" is energetic magnetism or a manifestation created by a false belief of needing to "leave their body." The same thing that created the feeling of "leaving your body" is likely the reason for feeling like you were being "pulled back in" and that is energetic magnetism pulling you back to the place that your astral body was in when the projection began. Make no mistake though long before someone feels the sensation of "leaving their body" the projection has already begun, because for someone to experience those misunderstand symptoms that are misinterpreted into "leaving their body" their consciousness must have already shifted out of the physical body and physical dimension into a different body in a different dimension. Both of the bodies and dimensions a person experiences during an astral projection already exist, our consciousness simply shifts from one to another. And since then exist in completely different dimensions it's just not possible for an "astral" body to leave a physical body, they were never in the same location to ever be inside of each other to begin with.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:59 PM
BreathingNow

Interesting experience. I do find leaving the body energizes and excites me upon awakening, but have not experienced what you describe, Emerald Imber.
Old 25-09-2014, 06:24 PM
Guide
Was it like a free fall tumbling feeling that made you jump back to your physical body?
Old 30-09-2014, 08:11 PM
Experiencer
No, it was like a snapping back into place feeling. The best way I can describe it is like when you stretch a rubber band and while keeping your fingers on the rubber band you let it snap back. It was like that but internally...... If that helps at all? :\
Old 30-09-2014, 09:54 PM
Guide
Quote:
No, it was like a snapping back into place feeling. The best way I can describe it is like when you stretch a rubber band and while keeping your fingers on the rubber band you let it snap back. It was like that but internally...... If that helps at all? :\

Ya I know what you mean. If we aren't relaxed enough, that rubber band is too tight to fully separate. When you get as relaxed as you would be while sleeping, the rubber band becomes lose enough to fully stretch. A couple nights ago I was in between sleep cycles when the thought of AP came to me. I felt my legs separate but my upper body wasn't releasing. I think my upper body wasn't as relaxed as my lower body so my upper body was holding me back.
Old 30-09-2014, 10:00 PM
Master
Quote:
After hearing your description I am confident that what you experienced is what I refer to as energetic magnetism, your description of it is actually par on with earlier ways I used to describe it. Sometimes for some people during the beginning of projections they will experience energetic magnetism and it is basically pulling them back to their starting area, as they move further away the pull gets stronger and stronger but if they are able to keep moving further eventually it will snap. Sometimes that sends them rocketing into the other direction, sometimes not. I'm guessing it all depends on how strong the energetic magnetism is in a particular case that decides whether or not that happens after defeating it.
Old 30-09-2014, 11:18 PM
Master

[quote=Emerald Imber]This sleepy feeling became so strong and finally I let my head fall back. It fell back so quick and I felt myself come out of my body as if I was fixing to AP. As soon as I came out I was pulled right back in and instantly was re-nergized./quote]

Congratulations, you ap. It was only brief but you still ap.