Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 11-09-2014, 07:57 PM
Total_Serenity

Question Astral Realm, or something else? Where was I and what could it mean?

My mother is a Buddhist and she had found this awesome little place to meditate and I decided to come with her one day. As I was meditating I was suddenly 'transported' or more like 'awoken' in a room very similar to the one I was in at the time. The room was originally red and it was daytime and very light outside, there where many statues and Buddha figures around the place. But the 'new' room I had woke up in was light blue of colour and it was dark when I looked out the window. There was no light and no other people. I was alone, apart from the one huge Buddha statue facing me, but it looked distorted somehow. The room was scary and I 'knew' where I was. It was very bizarre as I don't know where I was at the moment. But it was strange. I was too scared to leave the spot I was at so I sat there, until I 'felt' a black dot hit me in the side of the face. It hurt a little but woke me up. As I awoke I was shocked and refused to close my eyes afterwards. I decided to go home. The next day I woke up with a sore throat and an infection in my mouth at the same spot the 'black dot' hit me. Very strange, Does this mean anything? Where was I?
Old 12-09-2014, 10:57 PM
Total_Serenity

Sorry I don't know if I can 'bump' posts, but this was a very scary experience and I really am curious x
Old 13-09-2014, 08:52 AM
Guide

This could be you beginning to extend your consciousness further from your body, but at the same time still being connected to your physical surroundings and physical body and what's going on with it.

Physical noises, tastes, sensations can certainly affect what we create in our out of body experience. You know how an outside noise like a dog barking, or a car starting can become part of your dream - it's like the mind takes it up and starts modelling with it creatively.
So from what you explained, I would guess that your body was getting sick, and so you dreamed of the black dot hitting you in that area.

The part where you were scared, and almost frozen to the spot sounds similar to what I said above, your mind may have been connected to your motionless body and experiencing a light form of what people call 'sleep paralysis'.
Often there is an amount of fear in this state.

I hope that helps, I can only speak from my own experience in comparison to a lot of other peoples experience
Old 13-09-2014, 03:57 PM
Master

The meditation put in an altered state of consciouness , then you mental or astral projected . As your thoughts were of a Buddist nature that is your mental
energy took you .
Old 13-09-2014, 04:47 PM
Total_Serenity

Thanks guys. I really liked the idea that Leo came up with. It would make sense as I didn't see myself being converted to Buddhism. However obviously I do respect theirs and my mothers beliefs. A moderate form of sleep paralysis may not be such a bad call either. But whatever it was it was very strange.
Old 23-09-2014, 06:16 PM
Knower

Honestly? I don't think it was astral projection. It sounds to me like a hypnagogic state. Generally hypnagogic states are a place in between being consciously awake and asleep. It's the brain firing off neurons, and will usually reflect what has been on your mind, what you've been doing during the day, etc. My hypnagogic states can sometimes seen VERY real, much like a projection...but no. Unless your body was fully asleep and paralyzed, it wasn't a projection. It sounds pretty cool though!
Old 23-09-2014, 07:22 PM
Suspended

Most people when they project find that the place will be very similar but will have distortions like you mention. This is because your astral body will be vibrating at a different frequency and doesn't have the same physical density as the physical. You have to be very close to the physical world [plane] to see objects exactly as they are. Most people aren't.
Most of the well-known books [William Buhlman describes this in detail] go into it.
The spot could be some astral bug or something. illness actually hits our bodies in this way [occultly through thought-forms] before it affects the body itself.
He says this on his website:

Quote:
Your immediate surroundings appear to be a near duplicate of your physical environment.
You are currently experiencing your slowest frequency nonphysical energy body and observing the parallel energy dimension closest in density to the physical universe. As you move inward this environment will dissolve and a new reality will be experienced.

AND

Quote:
Your immediate surrounding is different from your physical reality. Normal experience. This is to be expected for you have entered a different or finer vibrational reality. The further inward you shift the less dense and three-dimensional is the experienced energy reality.
Old 28-09-2014, 06:47 PM
Total_Serenity

Thank you very much for your repilies! :) I am still not sure what it was, though it was cool it was very scary! x Maybe I can go back somehow?