Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 30-12-2017, 04:36 PM
Experiencer
Theory: Manifestation powers naturally weakest in midlife?

Here's my reasoning:

Children are selfish and unhindered by doubt,
and the closer we get to death the less time all those things we promised our self would happen have to actually happen.
(on a subnote a womans sexual life biologically is much shorter than here actual life so maybe greater sexual manifestation? but not necessarily greater overall manifestation, I could be wrong however as I think younger fathers = healthier children too but the expiration date is just more ambiguous?)
(Perhaps as we age we become less attractive on the outside and learn to channel our inner beauty to a specific direction via 1on1 interactions as opposed to letting it shine for all to see)

But as I said, purely all theory!
Old 30-12-2017, 08:44 PM
Lorelyen

If you're taking of material and acquisition you could be right. I haven't thought about such things for a while now, bursting from the constraint of the mundane was one stage of enlightenment to me. However, the mundane is still part of the spiritual universe but here I happen to reside until my time is up.

But things like acquisition and abundance don't hold my interest. I need enough to get by (with a few material comforts of my choice). I may take on extra interests that incur cost but that'll be dealt with when / if the time comes.

Whether it's blossoming wisdom or just life experience I won't care to speculate but the flow, the process, to me, is ascertaining my real Self (not the New Agey "higher self" which was a stage en route that I'd happier call 'higher principles'). My efforts on the mundane/astral aim at finding out what and who I should have been all along. It requires very little material manifestation. Age may be a factor. The vigours of youth, the crazy romances, the bizarre nights and days, subside in favour of a softer walk on the world, a brighter sensitivity and compassion, a greater appreciation of people, a fading concern with emotion(s) and a few other things, that hint that I'm going in the right spiritual direction.

As you said elsewhere, it takes work. Work has been the mainstay core of the conduits.
Old 30-12-2017, 10:17 PM
Experiencer
What about adventure?
Experiencing new things,
Physical things.
Old 31-12-2017, 10:37 AM
Lorelyen

They can happen at any age but the context and mix are likely to change
not so much through age but accumulated experience.

Leni Riefenstahl falsified her date of birth to qualify for a scuba diving certificate because (IIRC)
she exceeded the age limit otherwise. I think she was 75. She went on making films until she was 100.

For me, waking up to being gnostic was one thing but Vodou gnostic took some inner adventure.
I'm glad it was earlier so that now I can accumulate experience on top of it.

We do our own things. As an adept once told me, every moment of every day is of occult importance.
It's up to us what we assimilate.
Old 31-12-2017, 01:02 PM
Experiencer
Somehow I knew you were going to mention "inner adventure" :p

But what I really meant is physical adventure, is it a form of acquisition? Its physical in nature but also its not exactly material.
As a child everyday felt like an adventure.
And perhaps once we reach a certain age we realize we have nothing less to lose?
Old 31-12-2017, 01:50 PM
Seeker
I think it has less to do with chronological age and more to do with our journey before we awakened, and the shadows we've gathered along the way. I've read and heard from several teachers that manifestation almost requires a true sense of self, or authenticity. While I've lead a relatively charmed life in the US as a Caucasian male, I've some shadows that still need to be discovered and integrated to reach a more enlightened state.

Then again, just saying that "this must happen before that is activated" puts a condition on "that", so the condition itself can be a form of resistance preventing "that" from happening the way we'd like it to manifest. Logically it seems like a paradox, but then I don't think that the engine that drives manifestation is the mind, but rather the heart / spirit, which is perfectly capable of overcoming the shadows and logical paradox.
Old 31-12-2017, 02:17 PM
Experiencer
I didnt mention it but I was mostly talking about the unawakened as they are the large majority and standard model that's why I said naturally.
They also manifest but they do so without consciously thinking about it.
Awakening is like manually overriding an automatic transmission I think the rules fly out the window.

as for inner journey In the end I realized I was stranded on a desert island surrounded by a deadly sea of incomprehensible matrix code all along and everything I thought I knew about my self was just a mirrage, talk about plot twist!
Old 31-12-2017, 02:50 PM
Seeker
OK, that makes sense. Then just take out the "before we awakened" bits of my post, and reform the context toward the uninitiated / unaware, and I think my points could still apply.

Quote:
(Perhaps as we age we become less attractive on the outside and learn to channel our inner beauty to a specific direction via 1on1 interactions as opposed to letting it shine for all to see)

Q: By who's standard are you basing physical attraction? I don't particularly agree with the social / commercial standards imposed by those looking to sell products, so I am curious how you view physical beauty from your perspective.
Old 31-12-2017, 04:22 PM
Experiencer
I dunno, it was just an idea, it doesn't have to make sense :)
Old 01-01-2018, 09:12 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal.Vibe
Somehow I knew you were going to mention "inner adventure" :p

Sometimes it's both. Walking a cemetery alone in the night is...well, it just is. Just make sure you can get out if they lock the place. In certain Caribbean places it's a serious goose-bump experience...inside as well as out.