Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 17-06-2017, 02:13 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Well, a dimension basically defines freedom of motion (1D allows 2 directions of motion... etc.), and can't be numerically valued unless a finite distance is specified, which necessitates a relationship between at least 2 points. When 2 points are specified we could assign the numeric value, 1.

IO dimension satisfies this description perfectly BTW...
Old 18-06-2017, 08:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Lowe
Yes, it might seem that way when looking at classical 4D. I'm postulating something new (or old that isn't widely recognised).
maybe what you're (seeking to be) exploring amounts to establishing a
"pocket dimension", which wouldn't necessarily be subject to the 'rules'
that some other realms might wish to impose. (?)

i like how you've alluded to investing oneself into the dimensionality
you're describing, rather than projecting abstractions of what might
exist beyond the parameters of being. (in which post had i seen that?)
i've come to understanding that there is no "objective realty" which
exists beyond beingness [there is no tree to fall to maybe make a noise
(or not) without there being an observer present to witness the events].
Old 18-06-2017, 11:27 PM
Deactivated Account
I usually avoid saying this because it seems to be against logic but I know what I'm saying when I say that objectivity and subjectivity are both illusions.

I am not postulating this idea as a reaction against the current models, just finding a model that works for me. The current models don't. This is the reason people normally come up with new models, so why not me?
Old 20-06-2017, 05:50 PM
Master
if you're looking for a 'model', then you're making a 'representation' of truth,
and won't be experiencing it 'firsthand' (imo). it's my understanding that
actuality can't be quantified and measured (as if by an observer
outside of the system), because all observations are accomplished while
within a system [to greater or lesser extent].
Old 20-06-2017, 10:09 PM
Master

Quote:
I usually avoid saying this because it seems to be against logic but I know what I'm saying when I say that objectivity and subjectivity are both illusions.

I was curious as to whether you could elaborate?
Old 02-07-2017, 04:26 PM
Deactivated Account
I don't know how to explain it. I've experienced the point where objectivity and subjectivity both completely collapse down to singularity.

It seems to confound explanation. So, it's not a concept that I think can be communicated. I think it's just something that people who have experienced it can talk about because you need that common ground of the experience to have access to the language to refer to it.

If you think you know how to coax it out of me feel free to try, but I don't know where to start. It would be like trying to explain to a bird what it's like to be a quantum particle lol.
Old 02-07-2017, 04:40 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
if you're looking for a 'model', then you're making a 'representation' of truth,
and won't be experiencing it 'firsthand' (imo). it's my understanding that
actuality can't be quantified and measured (as if by an observer
outside of the system), because all observations are accomplished while
within a system [to greater or lesser extent].

I guess to those people who lived when the world was flat the idea of Neuton's laws of movement would have seemed a model outside of reality, but Neuton persisted and it led to the modern view predominant today.

If it wasn't possible to have a 4D model (not including time), then why do I feel it makes sense?
Old 03-09-2017, 02:05 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Here's a copy of the whole idea I posted. I haven't fleshed it out much further. This is just a deposit of what was in my head on the day I wrote it. I'd only developed the idea in my head for a few months before.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

In answer in Quora to:
"What are some examples of strange thinkings of people?"

Here’s one I made up myself.

The 4th physical dimension.

Look at the first 3 physical dimensions from a Cartesian perspective. x, y, and z on the graph. Each dimension measures a unique quantity that follows these 3 rules.

1. It cannot be represented by any other dimensional quantity.
2. It must connect with all other dimensions at point zero.
3. It is infinitely increasable and decreasable.

Well, there’s a 4th directional physical dimension that fits all those rules but cannot be represented by x, y or z. I.e. it cannot be represented by left/right, up/down, or here/there.

This 4th physical dimension intersects with the other 3 physical dimensions at point zero.

This 4th physical dimension is infinitely increasable and decreasable.

Finally, this 4th physical dimension is not abstract. It exists and can be measured and observed just as much as the other dimensions can.

So, what is the 4th physical dimension? I’d love to show you but I don’t know how to represent it on a 2D screen or piece of paper. So, I’ll try to define it with words.

I call this dimension the in/out dimension. Lets say point zero is you. There is left and right of you (x), up and down from you (y) and here and there from you (z). Likewise there is inwards and outwards from you (io).

Can io be observed? Yes. Positive addition leads to the universe around you. Negative subtraction leads to the inner universe within you.

Can this be applied to other points in space? Yes. Imagine an atom. Positive io goes through elements, molecular chemical connections, materials, space and eventually the whole universe and beyond. Negative io lead to subatomic particles, quantum probability fields, superstrings or similarly abstract substrate and eventually right down to zero point/Planck level and infinitely deeper.

Imagine the scene from Ant Man where the guy can’t stop shrinking. He’s just moving along the io dimension.

Ok, before people cry loony tunes, let me point out that all dimensions are to some degree arbitrary. As long as they can be used as a model to predict what is observed consistently enough, then we believe that the real universe fits the model (until something contradicts the model and we’re forced to remodel). I’m just throwing one more dimension into the mix....

Hey Aaron sorry took so long for me to get back to you I moved acrossed the county and life's been a bit up in the air. I like your idea and agree that there is a difference between the inner you and outter you and that this should relate to the universe in a way understandable though dimension. I have considered a similar thought but came up with an alternative solution: you, your body is a vessal so to speak to which you, your soul or whatever resides; a body is made of more subtle bodies which correspond to more subtle planes of the universe in which we extist so the universe just like our body is made of layors ranging in density so I suppose I can see how that could be thought of in terms of dimension; for me the way I modeled the issue was to say that the universe is made of various dencities which I think all happen in the same space but don't interfere with each other because they are of different densities and so I only use the four normal dimension which I prefer to refer to as three dimensions of spacetime. An additional dimension I was resently considering is related to speed; so relativity says that light is the constant and that space and time stretch and shrink to add in keeping the cosmic constaint so as an alternative I had thought that it could be thought of as an additional dimension that would correspond to the other three dimensions to that understanding how objects interact via relativity would be easier to comprehend. what I discovered was creating such a tool is often used, not to describe actuality of our existence but to simplify things like equations for certain purposes.

Anyways cool thought.
By the way - I know your path has been tried and so - It may seem like the way to go - Me, I'd rather be found - Trying something new - I gotta go find my own way - I gotta go make my own mistakes - Sorry for feeling, feeling the way I do
[b]
Old 03-09-2017, 04:50 PM
Deactivated Account
I wrote a long reply but got logged out and lost it. Maybe another day.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:01 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 Dimension = Powering

Fuller, following mathematicians approach replaced word 'dimension' with powering.

He has list of 32 powers.
http://www.rwgrayprojects.com/synerg...igs/f1710.html
http://www.rwgrayprojects.com/synerg...09/p86770.html

986.853 ..." That is, we are abandoning altogether the further employment of the word dimension, which suggests (a) special case time-size lengths, and (b) that some of the describable characteristics of systems can exist alone and not as part of a minimum system, which is always a part of a priori eternally regenerative Universe.

..In lieu of the no longer scientifically tenable concept of "dimension" we are adopting words to describe time-size realizations of generalized, timeless, primitive systems as event complexes, as structural selfstabilizations, and structural intertransformings as first, second, third, etc., local powering states and minimum local systemic involvement with conditions of the cosmic totality environment with its planetary, solar, galactic, complex-galactic, and supergalactic systems and their respective macro-micro isotropicities."...

..."25thpower = axial rotation of the system
26th-power = orbital travel of the system
27th-power = expansion-contraction of the system
28th-power = torque (axial twist) of the system
29th-power = inside-outing (involuting-evoluting) of the system
30th-power = intersystem precession (axial tilting) of the system
31st-power = external interprecessionings amongst a plurality of systems 32nd-power = self-steering of a system within the galaxy of systems (precessionally accomplished) 33rd-power = universal synergistic totality comprehensive of all intersystem effects and ultimate micro- and macroisotropicity of VE-ness"...

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman