Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 08-03-2015, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
To be honest if the person you lost is going to connect with you it is going to be on their end and not yours. The reason is because whatever realm they are now existing in they are the one existing there, you have no way of knowing where they are and how to reach them. Where as they have a way to know where you are and how to reach you. Although reaching you for them might not be something they can do immediately especially since time doesn't necessarily run the same for them as it does for you. In some of the "light-realms" a person must accrue a certain amount of "work-hours" before they are able to reach out to loved-ones who still remain in this dimension. But if/when they do reach the light-realms they will be able to view all of the prayers and messages you have sent them over the years. So my suggestion would be to keep sending them positive energy, prayers, messages, and so forth. And I am sure when you need them most they will appear to you in a dream or during a meditation. That's how it works when it comes to these things, they will usually only show up when it's absolutely necessary or it's a really special occasion. Us still living in this dimension tend to think we need something a lot more than we actually do, whereas those in the spiritual dimensions seem to know when we really do need it and don't just want it.

From what I have experienced, it IS very much like this.
For what exact reason -I don't know, but things have to be on their terms, and we must accept that. Loved ones can sometimes be open to contacting and communing with us, and then, for what can be days or weeks, or even longer for us here -appear to be engaged in something they are doing. And although the thread of love is still there, they seem very far and absent.

That's not to say we can't send them our loving thoughts, hold them in our hearts frequently, wish them well, attune to them....we can and should. Not always are they able to be 'with us' as such, but they always sense such loving vibrations sent their way. Occasionally, even if they seem so far away but we have just sent heart-felt thoughts to them, then if we are very observant (and keep objective) it's possible to sense a few seconds' contact or communication with them, and then they are gone again.
I call that an "Astral Text" LOL!)
Until they can find (what is it?? -a 'break' in their activites? A bit of time to spend with us more completely? -I don't know exactly what it is.) But when they can, and if the connection is important, they certainly will and certainly do.

A part of them, or a link through love, or whatever it;'s called -always remains with us when there is real love and a strong bond. But they have things to do. I am not sure what, for each Being. But this is vitally important to them, and probably to others they are with, as well.

It may be possible for us to learn -at least a part of -what they are busy with. Stilling the mind and only holding a pure thought and intent in mind, it may be possible to hear them inform us, either in simple phrases, or by symbols, or empathetic or emotional-based 'sign-language', what sort of work they are doing there. Those things can also be received in dreams/meditation etc.
(by 'pure' I mean focused, without any other things/thoughts/feelings getting in the way)
We have to respect and accept that they do not sit around on clouds picking their toe-nails, waiting for us to get there.

Being unable to accept that, probably won't cause them suffering (although they may be concerned about how they see our emotional state) but it will cause ourselves suffering.

Now in my own experience, we would have to synchronise an astral visit we make to them, with the times they can be with us, and are free to be. This isn't so easy unless it's easy to go out of body at will. It is probably easier during the first few weeks after their passing.
But if it's possible to go out at will, then wait for times when they seem so very present, and strongly close emotionally. Those will be optimum times to commune and possibly even meet.

Now obviously I can't say we will all have the same experiences with loved ones who have passed over. Some people might experience something different. But all I can say is what I have experienced myself about this.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
I highly doubt that you can travel to a deceased loved-one any time you desire and so with that said "waiting around" is necessary unfortunately.

The only thing that your doubt makes necessary is a revision to your belief system. Doubting something out of hand, simply because you yourself have not experienced it, when many other explorers have experienced its truth and validity first hand, is not the wisest approach.

Quote:
If you could travel to a deceased loved-one at will any time you desire then you would have more evidence it was actually them other than "feelings" and "senses" which can quite easily be foiled by almost any being in the astral, especially if a person has a strong desire to visit that person because their desire is going to blind their rational senses.

You have made more than one false assumption here. For instance, you assume that the evidence I have is not sufficient, and you assume that more evidence is required, neither of which are true.

Although it is true that it may be virtually impossible to know if one is being deceived or deluded in the context of these experiences. That being said, these contacts have been just as valid as any other astral experience. Until it is revealed that I have been deceived, I have no reason to believe this is so, although I understand that it is possible that these experiences are not what they seem.

Quote:
You said "this is simply the mechanics of OBE/AP/LD" as if that is going to be the absolute truth for everyone else. It may be the perceived mechanics in your experiences for you but that doesn't mean it will be for anyone else.

The mechanics that I speak of are not just based on my own experience, they are based upon the experience of virtually every out of body explorer that I have read or spoke to who has a significant degree of experience and development in the out of body state. If you aren't there with us, I'm sure you will be one day. Just keep at it.

Quote:
People far too often believe what they want to believe because they have needs and desires that are getting filled that way, even if what is filling them isn't as authentic as they have led themselves into believing. I am sure in the future what you think to be mechanics will become misperceptions and misunderstandings, but you seem to think you are the only one exempt from these realities.

Not at all. I have stated twice already that I understand the elusive nature of these experiences and that they may not be what they seem. What you seem to be doing is labeling experiences that don't fit into your own personally fabricated paradigm as "inauthentic." Pick up the book of any well-traveled explorer and you will likely find confirmation of what I have shared here.

Quote:
If people could travel to deceased loved-ones at will as you suggest then this thread wouldn't exist, but it does and there is a reason this is an incredibly common question. Because most people try to connect with a deceased loved-one and nothing happens, but I guess they are just doing it wrong huh?

This is a really poor argument. Firstly, many people asking this question do not even know how to astrally project. Secondly, the ability to navigate the out of body state is a skill that develops with practice and effort. It wasn't until 8 years after my first projection that I began having the higher-level experiences with my Higher Self and contacts with the deceased. Belief plays a big role in the manifestation of these experiences, and there are numerous factors as to why a projector wouldn't be able to achieve this contact.

I'm not special, and neither are the countless others who have achieved astral contact with their deceased family or friends. If you want to talk with someone with decades of experience with these contacts, write to Robert Bruce on his astral dynamics online forum. I have spoken with him on many occasions and he will be happy share his expertise and experience to help you clear up any misconceptions you may have.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:25 AM
Ascender
I've been wanting to astral project for the very same reason. Thank you for making this thread!
Old 09-03-2015, 12:32 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField

You have made more than one false assumption here. For instance, you assume that the evidence I have is not sufficient, and you assume that more evidence is required, neither of which are true.

Although it is true that it may be virtually impossible to know if one is being deceived or deluded in the context of these experiences. That being said, these contacts have been just as valid as any other astral experience. Until it is revealed that I have been deceived, I have no reason to believe this is so, although I understand that it is possible that these experiences are not what they seem.

An interesting point made by both yourself here Vince, and Astral Explorer, and I'd just like to make a very simple comment on it.
We honestly do know in our hearts and souls, the basic, intrinsic, energy-signature of a loved one, and we should trust it. Never mind all the second-guessing, never mind tricky entities...that loved one will be the same as we knew them -plus likely a little extra positive energy.
Not just images or 'holograms' voices or phenomena etc involved there, but the basic silent, heart-felt knowing of that person or Being's energy and connection with us.
Very difficult to put into words. Like trying to describe the flavour of something or a scent. But our hearts do definitely know whether it is them -or not. Trust that.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
We honestly do know in our hearts and souls, the basic, intrinsic, energy-signature of a loved one, and we should trust it. Never mind all the second-guessing, never mind tricky entities...that loved one will be the same as we knew them -plus likely a little extra positive energy.
Not just images or 'holograms' voices or phenomena etc involved there, but the basic silent, heart-felt knowing of that person or Being's energy and connection with us.
Very difficult to put into words. Like trying to describe the flavour of something or a scent. But our hearts do definitely know whether it is them -or not. Trust that.

You may be right, and I am more confident in saying that I've made genuine contact than I am about claiming the validity some of my other types of astral experiences because of this very connection that you speak of.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:44 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
I have made contact with my deceased great grandparents on a couple occasions while out of body. Several other astral projection adepts that I know of are likewise able to contact their deceased family and friends, and apparently do so regularly.

Projecting to people, spirits, or other beings isn't a matter of knowing a location. All it takes is holding the person's energy signature in mind with the intention of reaching them.
It is true what VinceField says, you have to have intention. This happened a long while ago. I got out of my body. I said I am flying and I am with this person. I was determined in my thoughts. I was flying and I was with this person. I did not have to do anything. Everything was done for me. The problem was I was too interested in looking below and having a wonderful time seeing the scenery that I forgot to look at this person. We talked a little bit. I wish I did more.