Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 22-11-2018, 12:52 AM
Pathfinder

Dual Soul

If one were to have a dual soul what sort of characteristics would they have? And does that make you more than one person or whole?
Old 22-11-2018, 07:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantPearl
If one were to have a dual soul what sort of characteristics would they have? And does that make you more than one person or whole?
The other day, I was watching a brilliant video on reconciling the aspects of consciousness in those who suffer with Dissociative Identity Disorder...let me see if I can find it again:

https://youtu.be/P7EHLBVBg5Y

This wasn't the one I saw, but says exactly the same thing.

In actuality (well according to my philosophy anyway) there is only ONE "soul" and we do not have "different souls"....Just an embodied component/aspect of an Oversoul (Paramatman) called the Individual Soul (Jivatman) and in that regard, a living entity cannot contain "two different souls" because that would place alternate ego personalities upon the Atman, which exists beyond the 5 koshas or sheaths of the physical body...even though, in the case of Multiple Personality Disorder or even conjoined (Siamese) twins, they seem to have more than 5 koshas...and a whole different chakra/nadi system and this has always held an immense fascination for me as a student of Yoga.
Old 22-11-2018, 02:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi

In actuality (well according to my philosophy anyway) there is only ONE "soul" and we do not have "different souls"....Just an embodied component/aspect of an Oversoul (Paramatman) called the Individual Soul (Jivatman) and in that regard, a living entity cannot contain "two different souls" because that would place alternate ego personalities upon the Atman, which exists beyond the 5 koshas or sheaths of the physical body...even though, in the case of Multiple Personality Disorder or even conjoined (Siamese) twins, they seem to have more than 5 koshas...and a whole different chakra/nadi system and this has always held an immense fascination for me as a student of Yoga.

Hi,

My understanding is that there is such a thing as Soul Sharing. That two different souls can occupy the same body.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 22-11-2018, 02:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantPearl

Hi,

My understanding is that a dual soul would have the same higher self. Our soul is not an exclusive presence. Part of our soul can reside in others we love and wish to be near. The soul is omnipresent. Very much our unique self however not confinable.

As to the characterestics of a dual soul I suspect they would be similar to ours. We are all more whole than we think I suspect.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 22-11-2018, 02:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

My understanding is that there is such a thing as Soul Sharing. That two different souls can occupy the same body.

John
That is interesting.

I tried researching the locus of the Soul in conjoined twins who shared a brain, but I was unsuccessful. I also looked into any studies of consciousness in Dissociative Identity Disorder, but came unstuck again with neurotheologists who believed that matter produced Consciousness and not vice versa, when I was of the belief that the ONE single Consciousness pervaded all as the embodied Soul, so it wouldn't matter how many personalities the individual had.

This, of course led me on to explore Soul Fragmentation, as opposed to one entity containing "Souls" in a plural or multiple form...which seemed to be more palatable for mental digestion...until I got stuck again between "Soul" and "Consciousness" and what part of us survives the process of death, with having all the faculties for awareness, samskaras and Karmic superimposition determining rebirth and whether somebody with Multiple Personality Disorder will be reborn as one person or many people...at that point, it all went into the "too hard basket' and I decided to spend my time doing something else that wasn't so mentally draining.
Old 22-11-2018, 06:48 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
That is interesting.

I tried researching the locus of the Soul in conjoined twins who shared a brain, but I was unsuccessful. I also looked into any studies of consciousness in Dissociative Identity Disorder, but came unstuck again with neurotheologists who believed that matter produced Consciousness and not vice versa, when I was of the belief that the ONE single Consciousness pervaded all as the embodied Soul, so it wouldn't matter how many personalities the individual had.

This, of course led me on to explore Soul Fragmentation, as opposed to one entity containing "Souls" in a plural or multiple form...which seemed to be more palatable for mental digestion...until I got stuck again between "Soul" and "Consciousness" and what part of us survives the process of death, with having all the faculties for awareness, samskaras and Karmic superimposition determining rebirth and whether somebody with Multiple Personality Disorder will be reborn as one person or many people...at that point, it all went into the "too hard basket' and I decided to spend my time doing something else that wasn't so mentally draining.

Thanks for the answers! I think people with multiple personalities have multiple souls. But since we all come from source the souls are combined since we are all one with source. So when we die we aren’t necessarily split apart but the energy can choose to be Ann individual or multiple beings.
Old 22-11-2018, 06:52 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

John
Yes exactly! Two souls combine as one for the physical body and then can choose to become one or two when back with source. Doesn’t mean a soul is eradicated or erased since all consciousness is in divine connections with the most high.