Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 04-11-2018, 06:34 PM
Newbie ;)

Angel1 I died December 2016

I suffered from a ruptured ascending aortic arch and was rushed to emergency surgery at UW Medical Center on December 6th, 2016. After going over the procedure ahead with the doctors and my family, I was set to head into emergency surgery to repair and replace the arch on my ascending Aorta that leads directly from the heart to the rest of my body. It's a surgery that most people never live long enough to reach help, much less survive the surgery itself. In my case they had to take me into Deep Hypothermic Arrest. They had to slowly cool my core body temperature to 68 degrees as well as my brain. This surgical procedure required my heart and brain function to stop for at least 40 minutes so they could repair the Aorta itself. It ended up being a 13 hour surgery and upon completion they couldn't get my heart to pump on it's own so I was placed on an Ecmo Heart Machine to pump it for me while I recovered from the surgery that placed so much trauma upon my entire body. During the time I was clinically dead and after the surgery had to be rewarmed and resuscitated back to life. Then I remember floating above the hospital and then seeing myself as I laid there recovering. As a result of the surgery my kidneys and liver began to fail and I contracted multiple infections. I even ended up losing some muscles in my leg due to a condition known as compartment syndrome. The doctors even had a meeting with my family about 20 days into the coma to discuss the level of brain damage I would most likely suffer after recovering from the surgery itself. The doctors gave me a 3-4% chance of surviving. I cannot say for sure what the time line was for my near death experience but I remember transporting to a beautiful mansion with perfectly manicured grounds surrounding it. It's funny because I disctinctly remember seeing rhododendrons there. There are Rhododendrons in Heaven, or at least there were where I transported to. Then I remember entering this pristine mansion where I was met by a beautiful tall slender woman wearing wearing all white. I remember the sound of water flowing, trickling like a water feature or a babbling brook. At any rate I spoke with this woman but our mouths weren't moving but I could understand what she was thinking. I can't quite remember exactly what she said to me but I felt unconditionally safe, loved, welcome and accepted. Later I found myself back in my bed where another woman came to me and told me that they were going to let me go back. If I was given a reason I can't recall what it was, at least not yet. On Christmas Eve I began to open my eyes to see my Fiance' sitting there by my bedside. I always felt safe before and after the surgery. In hindsight I felt safe when I died and after being resuscitated and awaken from a coma I always felt safe and loved. It's as if I just knew I was going to be ok. As time goes by, nearly two years now, my memories of that day come back to me in bits and pieces. Probably because of the level of brain damage I suffered. It's mostly memory that was affected. I had to learn to walk again and with much physical therapy I am happy to announce I can walk now somewhat normally but with a new condition known as drop foot. I have to wear a brace to keep my foot in place but if that's the only bad thing I came out with after this incredible ordeal, then I'll take it! I am trying to understand my NDE better though. I have reached out to a couple of hypnotists to see if they felt they could help me recapture some of these lost memories and moments. Until then any feedback from anyone else who has had a near death experience and out of body experiences as well would be welcome.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:57 PM
Master

Sorry for your predicament. Swift, complete and happy recovery!

In one of my first out of body experiences I had an encounter with a woman that made me feel the way you described you felt: completely safe, happy, wanting nothing else.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:27 PM
Newbie ;)

The woman who told me it was time to go back also gave me the same feeling.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:02 PM
Master

You have an incredible story. I enjoyed reading.

I remember I suffered West Nile Meningitis in 2012 and ended up with brain damage. For me I couldn't remember recent things. It was a long road to recovery but my brain naturally rewired itself. Now I am a different person because of the brain damage. And I say that in a good way.

I had many dreams and visions from the other side during the brain damage. I've shared some of them on this forum when the need for my memories occurs.

Overall, I think I needed to go through WNM in order to hone into a new phase of my spirituality. I'm much more focused and more in tune now.

I've never had an OBE or NDE before but from the visions and dreams I had I know we are well loved and supported from those on the other side. Even though we feel alone, we are not.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:10 PM
Newbie ;)

I agree Deb. As my memories return and I am able to decipher them, it has lead me onto a new spiritual journey as I come to understand why I (We) are all here.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:29 PM
Administrator
I Have had three NDE the first one I saw my grandmother telling me I had to go back as I still had work to do.
the second I saw my guide guiding me back because he knew I wanted to stay ,
the third I saw my husband who had passed just passed weeks earlier.i was in a car crash I was a front seat passenger. I blacked out so I thought until my husband said I had to go back for the kids,i had two kids in the back as well as my niece.i was the only one injured in the crash.and because of that crash I suffer now.
the best one was a good friend of ours went for a serious operation we didn't know if he would pull through.
next day the phone rang I answered and he asked am I dead. I said no he said coming from theatre he was waking up and all he could see was white and bright lights.he thought he had passed over.he came round in a sterile corridor in the hospital.

Namaste
Old 06-11-2018, 10:48 PM
Experiencer
Thank you for sharing your story, it's incredible and inspiring to hear. I'm glad that you're able to live well, especially since you were out for so long. It's interesting how much you do remember of the experience, and about things like the rhododenronds.

My particular method of readings is more of like an out of body experience, and many of them have been to places like you mentioned; luminous, warm, with an undeniable knowledge that the place is safe. Often there's a sense that it's familiar, like going home. Most spirits I "talk" to communicate in the same way: their words are heard but it's more like the information is absorbed than spoken.
"Sometimes you will act as an angel to others, perhaps without even realizing it. One day a woman comes up to you and says 'You saved my life'. You look at her astonished, trying to remember the last time you even saw this person before, the meeting meant so little to you at the time. 'Don't you remember? I was standing on the bridge, staring at the water, and you passed and said 'Good morning'."
Old 07-11-2018, 03:12 PM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaedaddy
I suffered from a ruptured ascending aortic arch and was rushed to emergency surgery at UW Medical Center on December 6th, 2016. After going over the procedure ahead with the doctors and my family, I was set to head into emergency surgery to repair and replace the arch on my ascending Aorta that leads direc>>>>>>>>>.................hysical therapy I am happy to announce I can walk now somewhat normally but with a new condition known as drop foot. I have to wear a brace to keep my foot in place but if that's the only bad thing I came out with after this incredible ordeal, then I'll take it! I am trying to understand my NDE better though. I have reached out to a couple of hypnotists to see if they felt they could help me recapture some of these lost memories and moments. Until then any feedback from anyone else who has had a near death experience and out of body experiences as well would be welcome.

There's at least one website where accounts of near death experiences can be recorded and those of numerous others read about.

Remember, though, that an NDE doesn't tell you what life-after-death is like or what life incarnate is about. Such issues in isolation are mere snippets of a bigger picture. They do, though, often leave a vivid awareness that we do survive corporeal death and that we live on beyond it. A springboard for some, perhaps many, to go on to research and learn.
Old 08-11-2018, 02:11 PM
Knower

Angel1

hello, i died
Old 08-11-2018, 02:38 PM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by august2803
hello, i died

hello - You may nearly have died. You don't come back from death, just sometimes from near-death.