Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 28-10-2018, 01:38 PM
Master
Question I've Hurd you pick your family.

Before you're put on this world for the next round. I Hurd that you pick the family your born into. If you do, why would a person feel out of place in there family unit, or even on a universal scale? I excepted where I am. But there's so many who don't? There's so many who are born into abusive and are taught from infant things that are not healthy and productive ways of life. I don't understand how someone would choose that.
Old 28-10-2018, 10:56 PM
Administrator
This is one thing I don't believe in,I would never have choosen to be born into a family that didn't understand me except me for my gifts.etc to be born to a mother that hated me.i remember not wanting to be born. and I was right all my life I have suffered with one thing and another. no I don't believe we choose to be born into the family we are born into.

Namaste
Old 29-10-2018, 06:01 AM
Newbie ;)

I don't believe it, either. I don't think we can chose any of the circumstances of our next life. If we could, we'd all choose to be born rich and beautiful.
Old 29-10-2018, 10:19 AM
Master
I am in the middle of the road on this one. That's why I mentioned it. I do believe we choose every little detail in this life. Even if you don't choose, you still made that choice. In this lifetime we don't always make wise choices but I think that's a way of learning. Let's say before your born. You want to be Young and beautiful your whole life. And you die at 30 for example. Keep in mind every choice has a reaction.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:52 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
There's so many who are born into abusive and are taught from infant things that are not healthy and productive ways of life. I don't understand how someone would choose that.
The problem here isn't Spirituality but mentality. Such as -

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
I do believe we choose every little detail in this life.

Also in the same vein it's been said that nothing happens to us without our permission, so if someone is being abusive to you did you give them - at some level - your permission after you made the choice to experience that?

In Spirituality we are here to learn the lessons, and it sound very good and noble until someone is our lesson. Then karma rears its ugly head and the lesson is either revenge or victim mentality and the lesson is lost. The Christ Consciousness of turn the other cheek and forgiving becomes nothing more than a discussion, and the reality is lost. Similarly with your understanding - with respect. If we chose abuse as a Life's Purpose/lesson then perhaps a better question is what did we gain from it? Did you forgive those that trespassed against you or did you carry a chip the size of a truck on your shoulder? And if We Are One and all that how does that chip affect the people around you, and how different is your Spirituality when your vibrations are still on the ground?

If you had been abused yourself, how different would your experience of existence have been?

If the only way for you to learn real sympathy, empathy and forgiveness - not just having the knowledge of what it is but having the experience of it and therefore coming a little closer to the actual vibrations of Christ Consciousness - what would you choose?

Thinking in the context of being in a Universal scale where there is nothing but Love, non-separation and everything else that's projected onto Spirit, what kind of experience would it be for you if you felt you didn't fit in? If you took it for granted that you always had the Love of your family, how would you feel if you were suddenly alienated and what might you gain from it?
Old 02-11-2018, 10:28 AM
Seeker

This is something I truly believe in. I think we are here to learn. And it works just like our universities or schools. Sometimes you pick too many lessons or the lessons are too hard for you. Who said that we can't make mistakes between life and death? What we need to do then is to change our course and pick an easier one and we have to watch out for those of us who took a course that was too hard for them and help them change it. Especially when we see that a child is abused who cannot help themselves. But then on the other hand some people who had horrible childhoods used these childhoods to grow and become somebody very special. Something which might not have been possible for that person if he or she had had a perfectly happy childhood.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:31 AM
Administrator
I remember a few of my past lives none of then easy,but a lot happier than this life, I was born with my gifts for that I was called all sorts of names.told I needed to see a psychiatrist because I was mad. and that was just from my parents, why would a child want to go through that .
this time I walk my final path I wont be back and I have no desire to either.

Namaste
Old 02-11-2018, 12:22 PM
Deactivated Account
To be honest I don't think we choose our family. You get to choose your friends in life, but family is randomly assigned to us whether we like it or not. I also don't believe in 'spirit contracts' where we decide who we will meet and who will be our husband/wive etc. It seems more like we are at the mercy of an unpredictable god/universe who can be good to some people and pure evil to some less fortunate people. My apologies if this sounds all doom and gloom but this is simply what I've learned from experience. Do I wish it didn't have to be this way? Absolutely.
Old 02-11-2018, 01:29 PM
Administrator
I have to agree with you. I have always said friends are the family you pick for yourself.

Namaste
Old 02-11-2018, 02:53 PM
Administrator
Hello

I am on the fence with this one but something makes sense to me I was told by a Psychic Reader. I did not want to come into this life, I have always had that feeling since childhood. I was close to my Dad but sadly he passed when I was 25 and planning my wedding. (Blessings there that I never married the EX as it made separation and starting again so easy).

My Mom had her lung collapse when she was early on pregnant with me, then it went down again a bit later requiring emergency surgery where she learned she was pregnant. Then when I was born it was agan an emergency delivery and it left her badly scared. Something she never really let go of me doing it.

I think I honestly tried to kill the host (my Mom) off before I was born. I was born on the night of the largest storm ever recorded. LOL again fighting that birth all the way.

I was told I choose my Dad but my Mom was simply the tool in the tool shed for me to be born from. I never connected with my Mom, and I have no contact with her.

Lynn