Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 06-05-2018, 09:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesitant_man
And what about parasite insects, such as Mosquitoes? Do you still love them, even they need to hurt you?

LOVE in its highest glory is much more than a warm fuzzy feeling of affection towards something or someone that appears favorable or pleasurable to us. LOVE in its purity can be perceived as Soulfully recognizing the Oneness in All Things and All Beings. Mosquitoes, while they can be a deadly nuisance that kills many people each year by way of spreading disease (FYI: less than a hundred species of mosquitoes spread those deadly diseases out of thousands of species) has its place in creation and the ecosystem; they are pollinators as well as food source for many types of animals. Mosquitoes also partake in various scientific experiments that help advance our bio-medical knowledge. While we may not wish to subject ourselves to death and disease, we can recognize the value of its existence in various perspectives, ecologically, scientifically, and spiritually. I don't think many people would choose to cuddle up with a mosquito alone at night, but it doesn't make the mosquito any less a part of the Universe that vibrates in Oneness and purpose.

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 06-05-2018, 09:44 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesitant_man
And what about parasite insects, such as Mosquitoes? Do you still love them, even they need to hurt you?

oh oh, i avoid them like i do men lol love you men, just at a very very far distance

a man put his hands around my waistline at work for longer than was needed...not needed at all but he did. I felt uncomfortable and sick. It's actually gotten out of proportion and I may need to understand deeper on why I do not like it. My sensitivity says 'you are only sex to men' and it disgusts me. I dont see love from men. They dont touch me for love.
Old 07-05-2018, 12:07 AM
Knower

Hi Inika,

If this is something that you want to explore... maybe try adding the word "some" into your thought process... just to try it out. Make it less about all men. Sure there are some who will take advantage and may only be interested in vessels for sex rather than for relating and appreciating who those vessels are. I'm sure there are some men who may be appreciative of you for who you are, maybe sex as well but hey... And there are some who really are interested in you beyond sex however it may be hard for you/they to get to know each other if you are running a script that says that you are only sex to men and that is what you predict/project/avoid. The trick is too dismiss those who do not value you as the foundation of your relating.

I wonder.. were you too startled/sick to use your own body language and/or quickly shift/remove yourself from the situation? Kinda like those old water wiggler toys that slide right outta your hands... Or use your voice to state "Hi, personal space please... It's just a thing for me..." Maybe with a friendly little space making nudge.

While he may be trying to make a move on you... or show power over you.. or just be enthralled at the feel of your waist He could just be trying to be friendly and that's the way he knows or has worked for him in the past (though at work that does sound quite surprising and maybe presumptuous, IMO) If he thinks you two are friendly he could be oblivious to your discomfort if it is all held quietly under the surface.

Most of the time being very upfront and clear works best for me. Some times I just exit a situation immediately if my gut says so. Literally just up and leave without much comment. Maybe throw in "yikes... have to go to the bathroom." I find people can be REALLY oblivious... the true colors may show once you aim to shift things and he either respects you and follows suit with "oh... I'm sorry. No problem.." and it doesn't come up again or he gets nasty or persistant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inika
oh oh, i avoid them like i do men lol love you men, just at a very very far distance

a man put his hands around my waistline at work for longer than was needed...not needed at all but he did. I felt uncomfortable and sick. It's actually gotten out of proportion and I may need to understand deeper on why I do not like it. My sensitivity says 'you are only sex to men' and it disgusts me. I dont see love from men. They dont touch me for love.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:28 AM
Master

the man is very elderly. is my direct boss's uncle. that dirty creepy uncle type.
i got the drift that he was visiting from another city. I hope anyway.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:38 AM
Deactivated Account
Nowhere, love is an illusion.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:45 AM
Master
Black Eyed Peas Where Is The Love?
https://youtu.be/WpYeekQkAdc

https://www.facebook.com/Sean Baker
https://twitter.com/Sean Baker
[/color]
Old 07-05-2018, 07:01 PM
Master
That is all still love though. Love isn't just one thing. Creepy touchy fellow perhaps it is love of self, or love of exploring the power dynamic he creates by doing things like he did to inka. Its perhaps not the love we wish to experience but love drives it. Thats why there are terms like unselfish love, because some love is selfish. It's still an exploration of love in a way though.
Old 08-05-2018, 01:06 AM
Master
^^ Comes across as more lustful than loving. But i often get an impression that many women think all men are like that (only want women for sex). And i feel i often get put into that label without any women taking the time to really get to know me. I'm pretty sure other men feel the same. Their intent mistaken as something other than what is truly meant. A compliment mistaken as "i'm trying to sleep with you."
Old 08-05-2018, 03:29 AM
Master

our perceptions of others can often be quite wrong
Old 08-05-2018, 03:40 AM
Knower

If the man is quite old you may really remind him of someone when he was younger... maybe he was caught in a moment...

Looking for the silver lining... :-)

Regardless, I wish that your discomfort is temporary and that he has a short visit if he remains super creepy to you.