Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 03-02-2012, 09:29 PM
Knower
Yes and no.
Yes if you are an advanced soul.
According to B.D. it takes about 45 years to reincarnate. (Not a firm number.)
*Love is a Divine condition.*
Love Wisdom Truth - Video
The Good Prayer - Video
Old 04-02-2012, 02:09 AM
Scottmana

Quote:
Originally Posted by aero87
I'm not a big believer in reincarnation but after feeling so low tonight (alot of negative energy just kinda overwhelmed me suddenly) the idea came to my mind. If we do reincarnate after death, can we choose when we do so? I mean personally I'd like to have a bit of a vacation before I have to head back to Earth if that's the path the universe wants for me.
That is normal, and yes you can. I have had many a break between lives when it got really frustrating.

A ghost hanging out in a building is often this very thing, a being that is not ready to move on.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Experiencer
GREETINGS,

I have read all your postings on this subject and come to the conclusion that all your thoughts are right - but in your own way. Each side that you visit (Heaven, Earth an elsewhere) is influenced by the progression or non-progression work you have done during your previous existence. In other words you spiritually progress, at your own pace, by the way you have lived your life no matter where you are. The more you play the more you delay.

Much Love, Light and Laughter to you All

Johnty
Old 08-02-2012, 02:27 AM
Master
Quote:
I'm not a big believer in reincarnation but after feeling so low tonight (alot of negative energy just kinda overwhelmed me suddenly) the idea came to my mind. If we do reincarnate after death, can we choose when we do so? I mean personally I'd like to have a bit of a vacation before I have to head back to Earth if that's the path the universe wants for me.

Time has no meaning on the 'other' side.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:40 AM
Light77

You should watch the movie "Astral City:A spiritual journey" (Andre Luis/Xico Xavier)... It explains this...
Old 18-02-2012, 04:43 AM
Celeste

I think if our souls aren't perfect, we have to reincarnate. Because, we don't get any graces on the other side. If we need some help, it's the earthlings who have to pray for us. The otherside is a vacation in itself. And we do come in soul groups, put another way, we come in families. I think right after we die, we rest, do our life review, etc. Then we begin our work, which probably doesn't feel like work, when it is stuff like singing, reading, etc. Developing our talents.

Isn't it funny, though. We seem to know so much about the afterlife, which we really know nothing about. Anything for sure, that is. That is where faith comes in.
Old 18-02-2012, 06:13 AM
Master
Quote:

Just sharing , no one knows but the truth is in current life one always have choice and freedom to make choice ..............perhaps in afterlife can be common sense we still we have the choice..................perhaps one will realize that death , birth survival is just like chicken and egg story...who come first the chicken or egg ? Perhaps in time we will realize that birth , survival and death is in circle of a process to purify .

Thks
CSEe
Old 18-02-2012, 09:17 AM
Knower
Personally I don't like the idea of reincarnation... is it a choice?
Old 18-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Rin

Quote:
Yes and no. Our new incarnation will be largely determined by our habits and things which look familiar in our past experience. IOW, it is not determined by wishful thinking or fantasies. Familiar does not necessarily mean comfortable or peaceful.

The choices for our next incarnation are made in this life. If you are not able to have a vacation now, you are unlikely to get vacations in your next life.

Does this sound like you can pick where you reincarnate?
Old 18-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeste
I think if our souls aren't perfect, we have to reincarnate. Because, we don't get any graces on the other side.

Why necessarily so, Celeste?

Christians believe that we can't become perfect in this life: but that we are saved by grace, or by a combination of grace and good works, and then spend eternity in heaven. (Assuming we don't go to hell instead. )

Spiritualists - some of whom are also Christians - believe that however bad or good we are (and some Spiritualists believe that the spirits of evil people do indeed undergo a kind of hell, but that it need not be permanent), we continue to develop spiritually in the next life.

I see no need for reincanation, no point to it, and I believe it represents an intrusion into Spiritualist (and to a lesser extent, Christian) teachings from Buddhism and Theosophy.

To a Buddhist, reincarnation IS necesssary, since in Buddhist theology, spiritual progress can be made only from the earth plane.

Which I also don't agree with!

Jim