Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 26-04-2015, 01:08 AM
Master
on several occasions, i've had the "honor" of making the last post on a thread.
i'm never really happy about it; i don't need the "last word", and i don't like to feel like a chat killer (lol).
i'm especially disheartened that i've had the last post in this thread.
it feels as if no one has understood the sentiments i'd attempted to express.

in rereading the Sisyphus post (#37), i realize that virtually none of it is "uplifting". it strikes me as a defeatist philosophy.

the ideas that i would like to share include the thought of choice being empowerment.
if we surrender choice to "other", be it "providence" or whatever,
we have abandoned our empowerment.
also, it is my feeling that our power(s) of choice are intrinsic to our identities...
it is an important feature of our very being.

is there anyone out there who has a similar understanding of things?
Old 26-04-2015, 11:16 AM
Knower
Hello H:O:R:A:C:E

I believe that everyone will forever have their own truth of what is true, that this belief of truth to each one of us may certainly be unshakable and unquestionable.

Yet beyond all our truths the seed of questioning and doubt deep within each one of us will always struggle to find light to grow.

What we do find in this world can only be valued as we believe will fit our unending hunger for truth, to somehow fill the void with which we may never fill until our passing from this life, even then we will no longer be driven to seek the lifelong questions, for that I believe the ego is always asking, when the ego no longer exits there will be will more questions to ask.

I liked your view where you mentioned considering my post as a defeatist philosophy as I felt empowerment seems to be most important to you.

I could see where the different aspects of views could be challenging and where we could certainly have an interesting discussion.

I would consider my post to be more realist leading to an acceptance of what is. To me acceptance has been the most powerful realisation upon my own life, which has lead to me to be open with my thoughts and views, to me this is empowerment.

It was interesting as you initially considered my post as ‘uplifting’, yet upon reflection felt a ‘defeatist’ view. Part of me felt you had found at that initial moment a moment of freedom, and then maybe experiencing a fear of freedom in this way may have retracted you back to the safety of seeking a form of empowerment, which may have left you experiencing the post as defeating.
It would be interesting to know what had made you feel different from the first feeling you had as ‘uplifting’?

I liked your comment ‘If we surrender choice, we have abandoned our empowerment.’ Could you expand more your thoughts on this?

I also noticed that on 3 posts you had replied, the 3 quotes shown referred to ‘Death is certain’, ‘Death in inevitable’ & ‘the human body will cease to exist’. For me I don’t’ feel these sorts of quotes are designed to be disempowering, unless there is a fear of death.

I do refrain from exploring death too deeply and to challenge beliefs from the core, where this core for many could be strongly protected and may have been for many years. But I believe this is where freedom lies, at times maybe this self protection ironically can be the source of blockage against finding a truth, acceptance and freedom in life.

Through our weakness we find strengths.

Apologies if I had not replied to your last post, I felt you where making a summary statement. Sometimes for me a statement expressed in this way is the person summarising all that they are and will be. Your belief seemed too perfect and precious to you to debate and was nice to close the post with.

But from what I have read from your replies in this post have been quite interesting.

Before I was about to finish my post, something just came to mind I wished to say about your comment, I hope you will take with a touch of humour;

‘You have never been happy making the last post on a thread and it makes you feel disheartened to have the last post’ I feel you wish for this post to go on as I’m sure it will.

But you know H:O:R:A:C:E at some point “all things have to come to an end”

Take Care
Old 28-04-2015, 12:07 AM
Master
thanks for responding Sisyphus... i had considered hijacking this thread and making it about cupcakes.
i figure that i had described your earlier post as "[for the most part] uplifting",
because i'd wanted it to be. on later rereading, i didn't place any expectations into it... i let it speak for itself.

much "enlightened" wisdom preaches the inevitability of death.
the wisdom of spirit.
for spirits who are visiting this world, perhaps it IS inevitable that they
have a death experience.
but what about for "native spirits"? Source doesn't need to die in order to reestablish connection to Source.
i sorta think i've overheard some conversations that weren't meant for me...
sorry about that.

on to another point: "I would consider my post to be more realist leading to an acceptance of what is." what is. what is.
Life is. the prospect of death is to be... something unmanifest (in fact, it is the process of unmanifesting, is it not?).

Choice is what power is. [it ain't money]
i suppose i could "expand" upon the idea, but isn't it rather obvious?

you've sorta mishmashed my sentiments, creating a quote and attributing it to me. maybe i have been happy to get the last word in on occasion, but in this forum, i've not wanted to demand the "final say" on a topic... also, there have been times where i'd felt like "hey, where did everyone go?".

“all things have to come to an end” is a common thought. that line, or something similar has been used many times. it's not true. a circle is a thing.
maybe the phrase “all things have to come to an end” has to come to an end?
[or maybe it doesn't; we can choose]

again, thanks so much for replying
Old 28-04-2015, 12:13 AM
Master
I feel like dying is probably a lot like going to sleep, and I love going to sleep! so no, I'm not scared of dying. if I were to get in an accident, I'd be far more scared of being seriously injured, and in pain, and in the hospital, than of just dying. I don't WANT to die, because I have so much left to experience, and if I was dying, I would just be sad about everything I was going to miss, rather than being scared about dying.
Old 28-04-2015, 06:44 AM
Master
you make good points rainbow.sprinkles.
for me, the prospect of suffering is the "scary thing".
death itself is sort of like a doorway, a transition from one
place to another. people can be apprehensive when they enter
a new place... but it happens all the time... who wants to be
fearful 24/7?
every new moment would bring fear, if we allowed that.

what i've typically conceived death to mean (when people speak of it),
is "cessation of being". for someone to "inform" me that it is necessary
that i no longer exist is an affront to my sense of well-being.
to "inform" me that i have no options, that i must conform to some preordained plan which
requires me to expire... seems unloving and i want none of it!
Old 29-04-2015, 05:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogWarrior
I think I'm not scared of dying up until the point where I'm at the edge, then I get a bit scared. I don't know how harsh the dying process will be. Getting mauled by a bear would be a harsh way to go, I'd be terrified of that but even the idea of heart failure gets me a bit scared. However, the other night I got an idea of what happens with bradycardia, you just fall unconscious when the oxygenated blood stops reaching the brain, I've got borderline bradycardia and when the heart beats slowly like that you get drowsy and slip into sleep paralysis easily. Its actually pretty relaxing. I got skimmed by a car years ago and nearly bled to death, thats another easy way to go. Have you come close at any point yourself, if so what was it like?

i suppose you could say that fear is a choice.
changes are, or can be uncomfortable (because we need to acclimate),
but even going from the kitchen to the dining room can be thought of as a death...
my experience of the kitchen dies as i begin an experience in the dining room. there's no need to fear these changes.

i have been close to death... sort of. i survived an incident (without any ill effect) that should, logically have caused death.
at that time, i felt the presence of the mother goddess who said: "well don't you feel silly now.?"
Old 29-04-2015, 08:12 PM
Master
somewhere, someone told a story in which death was involved.
it has become a commonly held belief that death is inevitable...
this amounts to the ultimate acceptance of our well-being being something
in which we have no say whatsoever. the rule is: you must die... there
is no appeal. this belief is disempowering, and it is unloving... it is NOT
an idea that is supported by a loving creator.

this thread is now about cupcakes.

http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_...upcakes-.gif?1
Old 29-04-2015, 09:21 PM
Pathfinder
With me I believe once I actually Astral Project and see the real thing, then I will not be so afraid of dying. Death isn't something I constantly ponder about though. I usually think of other people's deaths instead my own. Pisces: we get emotionally attached to people we care about the most.
Old 29-04-2015, 09:38 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taokuoh
once I actually Astral Project and see the real thing, then I will not be so afraid of dying.

I agree Taokouh. I used to deeply Astral project, each time pushing the boundaries deeper, which had taken me to places I couldn't even imagine. My astral projection experience 'contributed' to my exploration and acceptance of death.

For me experiencing resulted in an immense sense of truth,peace and contentment that words cannot describe.

Astral projection/travelling may be different for others with different experiences, I believed the key was to practice to explore as deeply as possible without fear, a boundary was then crossed through and for me this was a place that contributed to a knowingness where all death when passing over doesn't exist.
Old 29-04-2015, 09:47 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus
I agree Taokouh. I used to deeply Astral project, each time pushing the boundaries deeper, which had taken me to places I couldn't even imagine. My astral projection experience 'contributed' to my exploration and acceptance of death.

For me experiencing resulted in an immense sense of truth,peace and contentment that words cannot describe.

Astral projection/travelling may be different for others with different experiences, I believed the key was to practice to explore as deeply as possible without fear, a boundary was then crossed through and for me this was a place that contributed to a knowingness where all death when passing over doesn't exist.

I'd be interested in having a further conversation with you, perhaps you could give me some tips on how to actually Astral Project. I'm not so sure what I'm supposed to do to reach this state. I've read that you have to not think about Astral Projecting and it will happen.