Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 03-02-2011, 05:36 PM
windwhistle

Stupid

"Great intelligence seems stupid."
Tao Te Ching as translated by Gia Fu-Feng.

Oh goody...cuz I'm real slow, forgetful and spacy. At work my boss gets irritated. But she gets irritated at everyone for something or other. I overcompensate by taking on extra hours when needed and being kind to all the customers.

When I was in High School my nickname was DuBa and all the kids called me, Duh...uBa, cuz I stared out the window a lot and just didn't get things.

I have always felt that perhaps I should have been born in the Middle Ages or as a Native American in the 17th Century. Things made more sence to me then. The world is awful fast and complicated now.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Master
Very cute post. I can relate. I have been fairly spacey all my life, easily distracted. It's funny how girls are usually the ones who are thought of that way, but Homer Simpson is not exactly focused. Some guys are that way too.

Old 04-02-2011, 03:35 PM
windwhistle

Do you suppose it's ADD? Once I was put on Adderall and I got so hyper I began to drink alcohol heavily to counter the effects. That was further detrimental. I was dxed with Bipolar II instead and put on those meds because Doc. said if you get hyper on ADD meds instead of calm you aren't ADD...now I'm wondering if this is correct.

My 18 yr. old is just like me; so you're right about girls and guy both being able to space out a lot. I know it's common to have Depression along with ADD. Maybe there is a natural herb for brain function and memory. I will investigate.

Now according to "The Tao of Pooh," which I happen to love; we all have different inner natures. It is integral to know one's inner nature so we know what job, house or relationship is best for us...so we don't try to fit our square pegs into round holes or vice-versa.

I really love my job though, in spite of the difficulties in multi-tasking, remembering details, lack of speed and 'fogginess!
Old 04-02-2011, 03:47 PM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Very cute post. I can relate. I have been fairly spacey all my life, easily distracted. It's funny how girls are usually the ones who are thought of that way, but Homer Simpson is not exactly focused. Some guys are that way too.

Yeah, like me! Sometimes I'll even be in the middle of a conversation and just drop out mid-sentence. Drives my wife buggy. Can't help it, though, it's like my brain thinks it's finished expressing and moves on to something else.

CS
Old 04-02-2011, 04:00 PM
spirit72

I used to be like this all the time, like I would completely space out and my eyes would go blank... But I was told that it could be spirit, and that grounding out would stop it... I did this and meditation. And learnt about my chakras and clearing myself... And over a year it gradually stopped... It was like my spirit got board and went for a time out .... But now I feel more grounded and have a better memory etc.... Might be worth a try...?
Old 04-02-2011, 04:10 PM
windwhistle

Yes spirit72...I am meditating again...very difficult for me as I get bored easily. I used to be a massage therapist and had to stop because no amount of grounding could keep from 'taking on' the 'stuff' of the client I was working on. I became overly nervous right before a massage and began hating giving them to strangers. I don't mind massaging family members. It's quite enjoyable.

But I will try the grounding technique of being a tree and sending my roots deep down onto the earth...or there's that Chi-Gung one; reaching for a cloud and pulling it through the body.

I will also try to do the chakhra meditation though it is hard for me to remember the exact places on my body to focus in on...also remembering which color goes where!

Thanks for the advice...I will try it. Up for anything!
Old 04-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Master
So glad I'm not alone, I just remembered the nickname an old friend of mine's dad used to call me ~ Ding~y.

Makes me think about all the people doing repetitive jobs, the assembly lines, conveyor belts, I'd be good at that, just space out and my mind will wander everywhere and still be able to do that job, lol.