Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 02-06-2017, 08:32 PM
Newbie ;)

Color Cleansing,charging,programming.

Hello to all. I am new into crystals, I purchased some. I am interested in using these for meditation and as I learn, healing. I have been reading that I need to cleanse, charge and, program these crystals. The ones that I will be receiving are as follows; lot of 7 chakra tumbles
Chakra pendulum, Amethyst Cluster, Raw rose quartz, and crystal point as well as a genuine black tourmaline obelisk 6 facet aura rock crystal.

Is there any way you like to go about doing thing, especially being new at it? This is something I am very interested in and would like to do it right. Thank you so much for your time!

Love and Light to you all.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:25 AM
Newbie ;)

cleansing

I like to use pink himalayn salt over night to cleanse my stones and crystals.
Then charge then in the sunlight at its peak around earliest afternoon for a few hours. Also out in rainy days is another option.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:28 AM
Newbie ;)

Thank you for your reply! If I may ask, is there any particular reason for that salt? And is there a specific brand that you like? Do they need to be in direct sunlight to be charged? I live in a place without a backyard area and the front is not in front of my house ( live in a small apt community). Thank you so much for your time!
Old 03-06-2017, 06:22 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by junoquartz
I like to use pink himalayn salt over night to cleanse my stones and crystals.

Pink Himalayan salt is also very good on roasts. Sorry but I couldn't resist It also does not raise your blood pressure like regular salt.
Old 03-06-2017, 07:12 AM
Ascender
Salt can scratch the surface if very fragile stones though I believe. I have not tried it for that reason. I'd throw the salt after if I was to use it though.

Brown rice, water, salt, smudging with white sage or similar, reiki so many different choices all with pros and cons

I use a singing bowl to cleanse, we all have our own preferences etc, I also charge in sunlight but again sunlight can damage crystals but I personally feel a hour or 2 in the sun does all mine wonders.
Old 04-06-2017, 05:19 AM
Pathfinder
Hello
My go to method of cleansing crystals is to immerse them in lukewarm
Water... Yeah sometimes I'll add some fragrant oils or soap... I swear they like that, even though it might sound odd... The immersion discharges them and restores them without them losing their "programming" or intention. In a pinch I hold them in my right hand under flowing water and envision light (your choice of color) flowing through them and washing the negativity out of them and it flowing with the water down the drain.
To recharge them... Nothing beats sunlight, but setting them outside on the ground in sunlight is great!
Good luck!
Old 04-06-2017, 10:44 AM
Experiencer
I use sage, smudging....
I don't really program them, but one time I did program one of my stones very seriously, and it did worked. But not for long as I am stupid.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:53 PM
Newbie ;)

the himalayan salt is what i was first informed of using in my research as a new crystal and healing stone user. Whatever brand of your liking, the pink salt is rare so it should be a easy to choose from.
Old 07-06-2017, 04:24 AM
Pathfinder
You will find a lot of different methods and opinions on this subject, but to me what matters the most is your intention. I believe that throwing stones in a bowl of water or salt won't be very effective if there's no intent behind it.

What I like to do is visualize white light around the stone. The difficulty of this visualization tells me how much bad energy the stone has accumulated. I was recently gifted a few stones that have never been cleansed and had a few owners. There was so much bad energy in them, I didn't cleanse them at first and had a terrible night. The next day I began my visualization and had to spend quite a moment with each stone to make sure that they're all cleansed. No more bad nights :)

I personally like to use incense for cleansing, but there are many other ways. One of the most wonderful ones is, in my opinion, using a stream out in the nature. When I submerge my stones in a stream the energy around is so wonderful and uplifting it's especially easy for me to visualize the good, cleansing energy.

When it comes to programming, it's also all about the intention. You can either let the stone do the work and just use them without programming, it won't harm you that's for sure. But if you have a specific wish just focus on it while holding the stone :)

“We are neighbors in a modern world where proximity is relative and the threshold to our hearts moves outside time and space.”
Old 08-06-2017, 03:58 PM
Master
Sinse this is a cleansing/charging thread, just want to remind everyone it's full moon tonight if you don't know.