Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 05-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Pathfinder

How to get MOKSA

Humans has a great gift of attaining MOKSA (i.e. release from the cycle*of*rebirth). But it is really very difficult to reach that.

So how does one can get moksa in their life. What are all the steps to be followed?

Pl share thoughts..
Old 06-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Krishna-prem

Namaste,

During the Kaliyug the quickest and easiest path to moksha is through bhakti. Cultivate pure love and take shelter under a sacred mantra. Develop your love for God and your love for all beings and remember God's names. This is how liberation is attained.

An easy and effective mantra- and one of the most powerful is called the Tiru Mantra.

Aum Namo Narayanaya

Remember the qualities of Sri Bhagavan and all devotion to develop naturally.

Aum Hari Aum!
Old 09-01-2012, 12:13 AM
oliness

I think all of the four main categories of yoga go together, whatever age we are in. They are all important:

Bhakti is loving devotion to the divine ideal. With love for divinity and for all beings our minds become pure and prepared for realization. Some great souls such as Mira Bai demonstrate this path.

Jnana is the recognition of our nature as pure consciousness. This is a direct path, of seeing our liberated nature. This is the way of some great souls such as Ramana Maharshi.

Karma is the practical side, acting selflessly for the benefit of all beings. This is such an important path. Only through this path do we know if our practice is genuine. Words are easy, but the deeds on this path prove that there has been real transformation. Some great souls such as Mata Amritanandamayi (Amma) demonstrate this path.

Raja pacifies our minds, concentrates them and gives them the one-pointed focus that we need to succeed. Great souls such as Ramakrishna demonstrate the necessity of this one-pointed mind.

So I think all these yogas together, support each other and help us. May we all attain moksha in this life!
Old 09-01-2012, 03:14 PM
Pathfinder

Hello,

Thanks for the interesting replies. Lets keep continue sharing our thoughts on this massive subject.

But i do have a small doubt. For attaining moksha, do we need to get rid of all responsibilties? Is this the main prequisite?
And also do we need to release all five wild things in human life like lust, anger, covetousness, fascination and envy?

If yes, practically speaking in this 3G and iphone 4S world how far is it feasible?

Pl comment..
Old 09-01-2012, 11:06 PM
oliness

I do not think we need to get rid of responsibilities. Some great souls have done that but others haven't. If you look at the lives of certain great saints, such as Mata Amritanandamayi (who is in my view the highest being presently on this planet) you can see that they did not abandon responsibilities, but focused on the goal of life while carrying out their duty. Mata Amritanandamayi, for example, was a family servant forced to work long hours. But she did everything with the attitude of a karma yogi, and remembered a Divine Ideal always (and so was a bhakti yogi). She attained moksha while taking care of many responsibilities.

However,I would say that all the "wild things" you refer to except for fascination have to be got rid of eventually. We don't actually need them. Sometimes it seems like we need anger or lust, but any good that we think we can get out of them we can get with compassion and love - and without any problems. This is feasible but it requires effort - training ourselves through continual spiritual practice
Old 11-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Pathfinder

Thats really good to hear. So you mean to say one need not become saint or surrender to any aashram to get moksha.
We can attain it by doing the karma assigned to us by the god. Am i correct?

So why fascination is an exception? Any reason for that?

Also as you said we should be with love and compassion. But in these days, when we are doing good and spreading love, people are treating it as an innocence and inefficiecy. Like what i mean to say is if you are doing good to others even though they are causing trouble to you or irritating you people will take it as an advantage and they still try to do the same again and again. How do we handle these kind of situations? How to handle such kind of people?

Do i need to do good even though others do bad or do bad (in the sense start hatred or reacting to them) only after doing good for considerable amount of time. What do you suggest?

Thanks.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123music
Thats really good to hear. So you mean to say one need not become saint or surrender to any aashram to get moksha.
We can attain it by doing the karma assigned to us by the god. Am i correct?

So why fascination is an exception? Any reason for that?

Also as you said we should be with love and compassion. But in these days, when we are doing good and spreading love, people are treating it as an innocence and inefficiecy. Like what i mean to say is if you are doing good to others even though they are causing trouble to you or irritating you people will take it as an advantage and they still try to do the same again and again. How do we handle these kind of situations? How to handle such kind of people?

Do i need to do good even though others do bad or do bad (in the sense start hatred or reacting to them) only after doing good for considerable amount of time. What do you suggest?

Thanks.

If you can do good while others do bad, you may a Saint, but it you want Moksha, it is not likely to happen if you call others "bad".

I think it is like sort of two step dance.

1. You do what you believe is good and best for you to do.
2. You do not judge others for what they choose to do.
Old 15-01-2012, 06:55 PM
oliness

I think we can attain moksha while living an ordinary life. Renunciation of our ordinary life may be helpful but I do not believe it is necessary.

If by fascination you mean a sense of awe at the universe, then I think that is fine.

I know it is difficult if other people may take advantage of you. I think we have to be skilful in our actions. We can have the wish that everybody is happy (that is love) but we have to be careful how we express that. People may try and take advantage, which isn't good for them or us. One example is giving an alcoholic money that you know they well spend on alcohol. That would only end up hurting him. It is hard, but with wisdom we eventually become skilful enough to know the right way to act always.
Old 16-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Pathfinder

Well said..Thanks for all the clarifications.
Can you suggest me some good books or articles which would give me some insight on this subject..
Old 19-01-2012, 12:24 AM
oliness

I recommend a wonderful author called Eknath Easwaran. All his writings are full of incredible wisdom. Here is a link to one of the articles he wrote:

http://www.easwaran.org/blog/2011/11...bhagavad-gita/