Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 30-11-2014, 10:42 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Great topic and very interesting exchanges indeed!

IMO love is impersonal and personal, tangible and intangible, matter and anti-matter, and every other possible way and thing, at the foundational level of creation (i.e., God and "its" emanations, including all existence).

Love is always (i.e., is first and foremost) personal at the level of individuated consciousness (i.e., of humanity and of all sentient existence), meaning it derives from a unique, individuated and embodied consciousness. From me or you or X sentient to me or you or Y sentient. Or from me to all existence.

I am a unique manifestation of God...not replaceable or interchangeable. Therefore my expression is always of me, and thus it is fundamentally personal. Whether I direct my expression toward you, or toward all that is...or not. However we may focus or expand the scope of what we call love here, my embodiment and expression of it is fundamentally personal, by the very nature and fact of my individuated consciousness and my embodied presence.

Peace & blessings,
7L

Hello 7L

If I hear your correctly..:)
In that expression of ourselves through the divine, one might say we make it personal or impersonal through our own unique expression. And how we have become/are or not inclusive of the embodiment of source as such, will often reflect through our own unique expression and of course our expression is part of our own embodiment of source through the physical aspect of being and connecting..
Old 30-11-2014, 11:34 PM
Master
Hello SW ...that's not the point I was underscoring, exactly...(but yes I'm certain it's all in there ;) ).

My point is that no matter what we -- as individuated consciousness -- do or don't do, say or don't say, express or don't express...and no matter how we limit or expand the scope of what we intend by love...everything of us and from us is fundamentally personal.

That everything that is of us and derives from us is fundamentally us. Is fundamentally personal, of and deriving from our person, our embodied presence. It is from our embodied presence that our individuated consciousness emanates. It cannot be other than what it is..it cannot be other than personal.

As you mentioned, whatever we then add to that (like "personal"/engaged or affirming behaviour, or "impersonal"/distancing or detached behaviour) is our personal twist and is our personal expression to another, or to others, or to the world at large.

So just as all politics are local or personal, so too with all humanity.

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 02-12-2014, 07:45 AM
Master
you guys are ahead. i'm still not sure whether love is real or imaginary.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:27 PM
Master

I see why it's hard to understand love. I have found, even if you don't understand love, you love. It's kinda like a default love. A lower one. Maybe choice is included for us to. So I don't know if this makes it personal love. So I think love is an experience.

The human being is somewhat unique, we are not only conscious but also aware. I've heard it said all things are conscious but do we see these things loving. Probably not but we see them coming from love. So, I see there will always be love which we don't have to describe (think about) but know. But it is awareness that is uniquely personal.

I'm probably wrong here, but awareness changes love not consciousness.

I've heard it said love does not last forever. Surprisingly from the group as well. What will happen when you become a spirit, will it be forever. I wonder how this is reconciled with what we say and teach about love. I think we are also here to learn how to love. One of the many and most important lessons.