Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 10-07-2014, 06:19 PM
Lavender

Spell for a Career

So, I've done everything I can do on my end to try and get a career going. It's been 3 years since I've graduated college. I feel that maybe fate needs a friendly push to meet me the rest of the way...

Are there any safe spells for careers? Also, if I were to try a spell would there be any repercussions? Like, I don't want it to work and then some poor guy across town loses his job because of me.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:16 PM
Experiencer

Lavender, when I pray for my own "good", I preface it with a request that no harm come to anyone else if my prayer is answered. Spells can be a form of concentrated intention, or prayer - at least I think of them that way. I think the best "spells" are the ones we invent for ourselves. Write down your request, both to clarify what you want, and because writing a word gives it power. Wait until after the next "dark moon" is over, and the moon is waxing, or growing larger. Go outside, and look at the moon with a prayerful attitude. Thank All That is Holy to you, and ask for help. State your request three times. Do this each day, until the moon is full, then give thanks for your coming blessings. Feel and know that a good career is coming your way soon. Never try a spell for increase on a waning moon. Those are good for weight loss, letting go of an unwanted lover's attention, etc. This is my method - there are probably many ways to do this, and some will be better than mine. On a practical note, the labor market is improving! Best of luck to you - three years is a long time to wait, but also a powerful number.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:19 AM
Master

And after that you can work on the waning moon to remove any obstacles that are blocking you from your career.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:40 AM
Master
Hmm, I think you need to be clear when you ask for a career. Envision it in your head and then write it into your prayer of intention. Think of about your dream career and what is going to make you happy. Good luck!
Old 11-07-2014, 03:17 PM
Lavender

Thanks guys!

So, on a similar but different note, do any of you have any personal spell success stories? I think it would help if I heard some personal experiences. : )
Old 11-07-2014, 03:35 PM
Badger1777

I know a spell for a career that I think works every time.

Having accumulated some qualifications relevant to your career, you will then need:

* Determination
* Humility
* Patience

Using determination, find any job, filling any empty time with study and/or voluntary work, preferably relevant to your career choice but not necessarily so.

Using humility, accept a job that is much lower down the ladder than you think you would like to start from, and be gracious and patient with all those you encounter, even if they are less qualified than you.

Using patience, do the job even if it is not really what you want, but use it to gain relevant industry experience and professional skills that will give you confidence and make you more employable.

Having used patience, determination and humility for some time, you will have accumulated some industry knowledge, confidence, credibility, and a list of contacts that may be able to help you to open doors. Use these to your advantage, but in doing so, and indeed in everything you do, remember two things. 1) Most of us just want to live a decent life. There's no need for job-snobbery, spite etc even if we've had to work really hard at the old patience and humility side at times. 2) When the correct door opens for you, be gracious towards those you walk away from. You never know when you'll meet them again, or what influence they might have when you do.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:19 PM
Experiencer

Lavender, I've used spells for lasting love, and to remove a terrible neighbor to a new location. Those succeeded. I don't do them lightly, or often. I never wanted a career badly enough to do a spell to get one, although it is a worthy goal. Can you tell us a little about what kind of career you want? I think Badger's advice is good, but it seems to me that you have already demonstrated determination, humility, and patience in your quest, and could use a "booster shot" at this point. Faith sometimes flags, and we need some reassurance from the Universe.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:47 PM
Lavender

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieCotton
Lavender, I've used spells for lasting love, and to remove a terrible neighbor to a new location. Those succeeded. I don't do them lightly, or often. I never wanted a career badly enough to do a spell to get one, although it is a worthy goal. Can you tell us a little about what kind of career you want? I think Badger's advice is good, but it seems to me that you have already demonstrated determination, humility, and patience in your quest, and could use a "booster shot" at this point. Faith sometimes flags, and we need some reassurance from the Universe.

Well I have a background in Art and Design. Ideally, the goal has been to get a position as a graphic designer. I've had only a handful of interviews and I've never succeeded in getting the job. However, the area also only has about 3 available jobs every 2 or 3 weeks. I would like to move to a better city for it but it's not really an option for me at the moment.

I have tried to take it as a sign that maybe Graphic Design isn't the correct path for me. And I've sort of set my sights on an area that I'd never considered which is tattooing lol (I don't even have any tattoos!). I have a friend who is a tattoo artist and she's been talking to me about preparing for a possible apprenticeship but I'm nervous because I'm a little old to get started in the field. I'm 26 and I know it's not very old at all, but it's considered late in the game to get started at 30.

Either way, I'd really just like to flex my art skills in whatever I do. So anything along those lines would make me happy.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:03 PM
Experiencer

I've actually read recently that there aren't many jobs available in graphic design. I think (and this my opinion only) that if you were meant to be a tatoo artist, an earlier interest would have manifested. Do you have positive feelings about Tatoo art? Are you in the position of needing a job to survive? If that's the case, something practical and immediate might be better. You can express creativity in other ways, which I'm sure you do. Creative people always find an outlet.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:11 PM
Lavender

Quote:
I've actually read recently that there aren't many jobs available in graphic design.

Lol! I believe it! XD

Quote:
I think (and this my opinion only) that if you were meant to be a tatoo artist, an earlier interest would have manifested. Do you have positive feelings about Tatoo art? Are you in the position of needing a job to survive? If that's the case, something practical and immediate might be better. You can express creativity in other ways, which I'm sure you do. Creative people always find an outlet.

Well at the moment, I'm ok. I work in a fancy sushi restaurant with great people and I live with my parents who I love, I live rent-free.

I never had bad feelings about tattoo art, I just never considered it. My family groomed me for office jobs as a teen and told me that if I ever got a tattoo I'd never get a job. They also pushed college a lot and Tattooing isn't something you go to school for. It's more like a trade skill. My parents have changed their tune a little since then because my sister has acquired several tattoos over the years. They are really supportive of the idea.

I've been practicing the classic styles for a few weeks now and I kinda love it. I am sort of worried that I might be wasting my time because I really didn't think about it in my teens. Maybe I don't have a passion for it. I'm also sort of scared of getting a tattoo and regretting it, even though I have strong feelings on some designs I'd like to get.