Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 17-08-2019, 06:15 AM
Knower
Old 17-08-2019, 06:19 AM
Knower
"This Universe, my friends,
is an optical illusion."

Robert Adams
Old 17-08-2019, 10:05 AM
Master

“Do not accept your feelings. Do not accept your thoughts. Do not watch yourself feeling miserable, and you do nothing about it or you can become the witness to it. That will help too. But it's better to ask, "Why am I feeling miserable?" and realize that you said why am ‘I’ feeling miserable, ‘I.’ I'm identifying with my body as ‘I.’ Again a mistake. The ‘I’ in itself is pure harmony, joy, happiness. But when you identify the ‘I’ with your body-mind, it becomes the personal I which doesn't even exist. But you're making it exist. You're identifying with it. Why do you want to identify with your personal I? Your personal I never existed. Why have you befriended it? Why do you keep giving it power? Why do you make it grow?”

Robert Adams

Old 17-08-2019, 01:31 PM
Master

“What is the Self?

The Self is your real nature, that's what you are. The Self is consciousness.

What is consciousness?

Consciousness is the power that is conscious of itself. It is self-contained, it is omnipresent. When you speak of love, of peace, of God, of joy, of happiness, of bliss, you're speaking of consciousness. These words are just other words for consciousness. Consciousness is you. The Self, consciousness, they're all synonymous. They all pertain to you.

Leave the world alone, go within your Self and there you will find happiness, joy and peace.“

Robert Adams

Old 18-08-2019, 04:11 AM
Knower
Everything takes care of itself in due time. You have nothing to fear and you have nothing to fight. You have to learn to have faith in the powers that be. Those powers are within yourself. You are they. They are not external to you. As most of you know by now, the only thing that's external to you is your mind. Your mind has created your world, the world that you believe in. The things that you see in this world, the things that you feel, your frustrations, your happiness, your joys, your miseries, whatever you think is real for you, you have created yourself. Otherwise, where would it come from?

Robert Adams
Old 18-08-2019, 04:13 AM
Knower
You do not train your mind, you untrain your mind.

You untrain your mind by just observing your own thoughts, by watching yourself think, by not reacting to your thoughts, not reacting to what happens in your world. As you do this you begin to dissolve. You find peace. You find peace. You become free. You become love. You no longer talk too much. You no longer try to evaluate the world or your position. You no longer find fault anywhere. You become your own experience. You have expanded. You used to be concerned with yourself as a body, with your health, concerned with your affairs. But now even though you are involved in the world, you are not of the world. The world has no pull on you. The world cannot show you anything. It cannot do anything to you. The world is the same as your body. You are not the body, you are not the world, you are not your mind. You are something completely different. That something different is ineffable.

Robert Adams
Old 18-08-2019, 09:04 AM
Master

I enjoyed reading your Thread Tara.

I noticed the rain was falling when i looked out the window. It has cleared now .. the day was more overcast than yesterday so I experienced it by accepting that it made my energy feel a little bit heavier or something like that. Thing was, for once I didn't want it to be sunny, I didn't need it to be sunny either, it's sunny now :) at the moment of writing this. I've experienced some of that in my life, fighting with things like the weather lol...not knowing why your fighting ... so was a nice insight to accept it as it is and as they say in other circles work with it just as it is...

I like that teachings from Robert Adams thanks for posting them.

Actually i have to end this brief observation on a Song, it came through my mind ...its a song by JJ Cale ..The song is called The Breeze

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPnDRarsCKo

So in the song the lyrics say, " If there ain't no change in the Weather, there ain't no change in me " ..lol now there is what Daz might call Irony ?

Thanks Joe

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 19-08-2019, 03:43 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
I enjoyed reading your Thread Tara.

Thanks
Quote:
I noticed the rain was falling when i looked out the window. It has cleared now .. the day was more overcast than yesterday so I experienced it by accepting that it made my energy feel a little bit heavier or something like that. Thing was, for once I didn't want it to be sunny, I didn't need it to be sunny either, it's sunny now :) at the moment of writing this. I've experienced some of that in my life, fighting with things like the weather lol...not knowing why your fighting ... so was a nice insight to accept it as it is and as they say in other circles work with it just as it is...
I like that teachings from Robert Adams thanks for posting them.
All is well and everything is unfolding as it should...
Quote:
Actually i have to end this brief observation on a Song, it came through my mind ...its a song by JJ Cale ..The song is called The Breeze

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPnDRarsCKo

So in the song the lyrics say, " If there ain't no change in the Weather, there ain't no change in me " .
Thanks Joe
I ain't got me nobody
I ain't carrying me no load
Thanks, Joe
Old 19-08-2019, 03:48 AM
Knower
Even if you hate someone, if you hate someone or something with a passion, that's attachment. You will come back to this earth, or to another planet similar to this earth, again, and again, and again, and you will meet this person that you hate so much under different circumstances again, and again, and again. One time he may be your daughter, he may be your mother, he may be your husband, he may be your wife. But that person that you despise so much will meet you again, and again, and do things to you in order to upset you. And you will hate again, and again. You will never be free until you understand.

The understanding is to turn within, to forget about the person, but to see your own reality, to trace the I-thought to the source. After all it is the I-thought that hates and loves, that has attachment to person, place or thing. When the I-thought is transcended, only the Self remains. Then your karma is finished, your body is finished, your world is finished, your God is finished, and your home free. But as long as you allow a person, place or thing, and it may be your own body that you're attached to, your own mind, that's person, place or thing also, as long as you feel deeply those things, you will never become free until you let it go.

You have to reconcile yourself with the whole universe, the mineral kingdom, the vegetable kingdom, the animal kingdom, the human kingdom. When you have become friends with the entire universe, you will not have to do atma-vichara. You will not have to trace the I, or worry about the I. Just the reconciliation with the universe will free you. After all, when you love everything, unqualified, what else can you do? There's nothing else. The total love of the whole universe kills the ego. For it is the ego that plays the other games with you, that makes you love someone special or hate someone special, that makes you despise certain animals and eat them, that makes you think poison ivy is worse than a rose, that causes you to qualify life. A Sage sees everything as equal. No thing is worse or better than any other thing. And just by hearing this, allowing it to go into your heart, feeling it, will lead you to an awakening.

Robert Adams
Old 20-08-2019, 02:28 AM
Master

“Where do these thoughts come from? They come from me. From my past, from previous lives. I think these thoughts. Everything is my fault. Everything comes out of me. So who is me? Where did me come from? How did it get born? Does it really exist?" And you go deeper and deeper, inquiring where the me came from. Who gave it birth?

As you follow the me, one day something will happen. There may seem to be an explosion of light and everything will be burnt out. All your karma. All the samskaras. Everything that has ever disturbed you will be gone and you will be free. And you will realize that all is well and everything is unfolding as it should. And there are no problems.”

Robert Adams