Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 22-09-2019, 12:34 PM
Pathfinder

Do You Really Know What You Want?

Do you feel lost or feel like you are in a rut? Do you wonder where you are heading in life? Maybe it’s because you don't know what you truly want and can't seem to figure it out. You only know what you are “supposed” to want according to the norm. Unfortunately, what you are supposed to want doesn't motivate you in the least. You know that if you knew what it is you truly desire in life, you would be able to take the right steps towards being in a better place than you are right now.

If you can relate to the last paragraph then the first step is to look about and find what you like or what intrigues you. knowing what you desire happens after you notice what you like, or find interesting. What you are drawn to and what you find attractive is how you find yourself. Only you can like what you like, how you like it. This is your rhythm, and through your rhythm is how you will achieve harmony. That rhythm is your frequency that makes you perfectly you. Think about it like food. Fish tastes like fish to all of us, but not everyone likes the taste of fish.

That being said, let's mentally go to the beach on a sunny afternoon. Let's imagine we are watching everyone enjoy the beach. We are looking at everyone enjoy their day how they want to enjoy it. We are looking to observe everyone and figure out which person or people appeal to you by what they are doing. As we look about we may notice:

The person who is surfing. The person who is kayaking. The person who is windsurfing. The person who is boogie boarding. The person who is skim-boarding. The person who is riding a jet-ski. The person who is walking their dog. The person who is playing Frisbee with their dog. The person who is driving a convertible by the beach. The person who is riding a motorcycle on the road, parallel to the ocean. The person who is hanging from a para-glider, cruising in the air, being pulled by a boat. The person who is riding the boat, pulling the para-glider. The person who is water skiing. The person who is flying a kite. The people who are throwing a flying disc to each other. The people who are making sandcastles. The people who are riding bicycles on the compact sand. The people who are riding bicycles along the boardwalk. The people who are fishing off the docks. The people who are sunbathing. The people who are driving a rented dune buggy. The people who are riding a rented four-wheel ATV on the beach. The people who are drinking at the Tiki-bar. The people who are eating ice cream on the sand, under an umbrella. The people who are eating watermelon under the umbrella. The people who are playing volleyball. The people who are skateboarding. The people with seagulls on their heads and arms as they feed them bread. The people on the boardwalk rides. The people who are roller-skating on the boardwalk. The people who are walking on the boardwalk while enjoying the scenery. The people who are checking out the shops and souvenirs. The people who are flirting with other people. The people who are lovers making out. The people who are lovers doing anything listed above. The people who are friends or family doing anything above.

Maybe you like the beach at night while watching a bonfire in the sand with those whom you are close to. Perhaps you like roasting marshmallows, or passing a bottle of whiskey around, or maybe both. You can also stroll on the beach and do some of the observations above at night. Instead of sunbathing you can stargaze, and if you look out far enough, you might see the lights from a cruise ship you want to be on. Maybe a clothing-optional beach is what you like and want to do some of the above in the nude. I think you get the point. I'm sure most of you will think of things I left out because so much can happen at the moment. So much is happening, but you can't do all of it at once. However, you can vibe with it in your own unique way and thus be a part of it all.

You will always be drawn to what will make you feel whole. What you pursue to do in those split seconds of what seems like chaos, as everyone goes about their way, will make you a part of the overall “whole” experience. What you do is your print, your gravity, your expression, your purpose, and your destiny.

So for a quick recap, if it stands out from all the rest of whatever you may be looking at, then it has a lot to do with who you are and where you belong in life. Only pick out the factors you like. From there you can tweak them to suit your unique resonance. You were born with amnesia but can find yourself through your interests and what appeals to you.

You were created to want what you want, naturally. Because of this, you must allow your true nature to be alive without your self-imposed scrutiny. Point being, it’s best you avoid focusing on what you “should” want because many people like it and seem to be happy doing it. Only stay where you are inspired, and that's it. In other words, navigate by following your heart and not your head. Being drawn to a specific sequence that only you could be attracted to is what comes from your spirit which is translated by your heart. It is the brain that makes the desires of the heart come true if they stay out of a conflict with each other.

To avoid inner conflict from occurring, you should avoid compromising with your instincts (your nature). For example, if someone looks really good in a particular fashion, that you are drawn to, that doesn't look so great on you, then don't force it. Modify it to suit your own preferred style. Don't copy everything verbatim, and remember it's normal to feel uncomfortable when trying something different. You may have to steer away from the norm to find your place. However, don't let that discomfort stop you if it still feels right to try out whatever it is you wish to explore. If you feel guilty, then realize that this is an inner conflict between your head and heart, and as always you must side with your heart if you ever wish to have a lifestyle you are proud to call your own. When trying something new, you must give it a chance. Give whatever it is you are trying at least ten attempts before you decide to move on to something different. You might have to grow into it or vice versa.

~Nicholas D’Arezzo~
Old 22-09-2019, 07:55 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas D'Arezzo

You were created to want what you want, naturally. Because of this, you must allow your true nature to be alive without your self-imposed scrutiny. Point being, it’s best you avoid focusing on what you “should” want because many people like it and seem to be happy doing it. Only stay where you are inspired, and that's it. In other words, navigate by following your heart and not your head. Being drawn to a specific sequence that only you could be attracted to is what comes from your spirit which is translated by your heart. It is the brain that makes the desires of the heart come true if they stay out of a conflict with each other.
~Nicholas D’Arezzo~

It is as Aleister Crowley noted in his Liber Al vel Legis, the most misinterpreted quote in the history of mysticism! "Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law." (line 40).
Many think it's anarchistic: You have a right to do what you like which misses the point entirely.
It means you are entitled to pursue anything in accordance with your true will. Finding your true will can be a lifetime's work. Some call it The Great Work. He also predicted the age of the individual and thus to an extent equality. "Every man and every woman is a star." (Line 3)
Old 22-09-2019, 08:41 PM
Ascender
I wish I could focus on my heart, instead of paying the rent.
Old 23-09-2019, 06:55 PM
Master
You'll know you've discovered your true calling or passion because it pulls you in like a magnet. You'll make every excuse to pursue it, not every excuse not to. You'll take risk you've never thought you would take. You'll sacrifice friends, relationships, work, etc. It will seem like a sort of madness to others. You would continue to pursue it even if it gets you nowhere in life. The question isn't whether you can or can't its how badly do you want it and how far are you willing to go? Olympic athletes have family and kids to support too but they also posses a fierce determination that few have.
Old 25-09-2019, 09:55 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl

My intuition tells me that we will live to see the concept of money change.

I think we are going to live to experience only working to enjoy a better lifestyle instead of working to survive. This pay-to-live system is on its last leg.

This week, the FED is pumping 75 billion dollars PER DAY into the market to keep bank interest down so banks can continue to loan money to each other. This is privileged "wealthy members club" ****. They are using the few trillion dollars they have left in their reserves to make a final attempt at some kind of scheme.

This will fail and I don't see a recovery after this. In other words, we are going to have to re-create our concept of money......VERY SOON
Old 25-09-2019, 09:57 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
You'll know you've discovered your true calling or passion because it pulls you in like a magnet. You'll make every excuse to pursue it, not every excuse not to. You'll take risk you've never thought you would take. You'll sacrifice friends, relationships, work, etc. It will seem like a sort of madness to others. You would continue to pursue it even if it gets you nowhere in life. The question isn't whether you can or can't its how badly do you want it and how far are you willing to go? Olympic athletes have family and kids to support too but they also posses a fierce determination that few have.

Yup

As the saying goes.....Find what you love and let it kill you.

Or something like that.
Old 12-11-2019, 07:59 AM
Newbie ;)

"Do i really know what i want?" These have been the conversations that i have been having with myself. I suppose what i want has also changed tremendously across time and space and as i concentrate on my self practice more and more, more clearer my goals get. But nowhere close to complete clarity.
Old 17-11-2019, 11:35 PM
Experiencer

I think this quote resonates with what was said about finding what we 'want'.

"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it."- Steve Jobs

And that's to find something that you are passionate about, and truly love to do. Cause when you do something that you truly love, it makes you come alive in a sense.
Old 18-11-2019, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
Lol, I relate.
When I was 28 I read a magazine article...basically it said, (what Dr, Phil says now, decades later, ha),
If you don't plan on what you want - you will be in the same place in 5 years.
It was about at least getting it in your head where you'd like to be in 5 years.
So I said clearly to myself ---"I want to be working less and making more!"

By golly, did that ever happen. In 5 yrs I recalled that I actually had said
that, ha ...like an affirmation before I knew that word.

So I was making in one hour what it took me in a day 5 yrs earlier.
I say this only to encourage you. It can be done.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru