Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 07-10-2015, 11:47 PM
Suspended

lf your interested in Gnostic Christianity then the best gnostic teacher l've come across was Daskalos, a famous greek healer and mystic. His people run an organization called 'researchers of truth'. He's passed on now, but still teaches from the other side - l know from my own experience.

l highly recommend this book on his life.

The Magus of Strovolos: The Extraordinary World of a Spiritual Healer

http://www.researchersoftruth.org
Old 15-10-2015, 03:27 PM
Newbie ;)

You are already on the path (as we all are).

Many, including the masters have said, "Be the Light" -- follow what rings true for you.

Meditation is one of the best devices, pointing to what is true, what is eternal, the most ordinary -- what is. Ultimately it points to who you are, which you can come to know -- beyond thoughts and emotions -- a knowing beyond understanding -- such that you will not be side-tracked by a particular faith, "evidence" or the esoteric.

Although, whatever calls to you at this point, by all means, check it out.
Old 15-10-2015, 03:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by theseeker116
Thnx for the answers. But i'm still trying to seek out the path. I disagree with some of you, I actually do believe in a God and a purpose to my life. I feel at home every time I pray to God, though i'm not sure who he is yet. I can put my faith and trust in God that guidance will be reached after much hard work and patience.

I think this time of contemplation is already a spiritual path.
Old 20-11-2015, 09:14 AM
Suspended

Ahimsa

Friend of Gode

I ask you to explain in privatemessage if you will

Where you live

If you are American by policies you will have a hard time meeting daddy religion.

Religion does not exist on stone

Spirituality is Humanity's future.

You see humans come from different geographic locations and their religiousness is based on pure geaography !

If you understand my policy, there is no such thing as buddhism feelings in some states of India, buddhism was a brainchild of some Indian rulers who were dominated by land and geography and weather.

Good weather makes good religions and bad weather makes bad religions.

What I advice you

Take nature as your religion.

My Nature is Sun Worship.

I wake up at Dawn and write my prayers on my Sun notebook

You have to light a candle in the evening and incenses in the day and refresh your room at dawn.

This rituals purely turns me into an Angelic personalitied friend of good evil sour cool

I think meditation will end your day.

Just sit by the sun photos or sketches you made during the day in your noon reverences.

I don't mind waking up late. I employ the sun's photographs for healing and growth in life.

I have many friends and they are all sunny, long aimed at wonderful people.

I tell you:

Whatever religion or spiritual road you chose, choose, cheese

Make sure you sit and write a diary every week about how wonderful you were with people that time.

In case you have displayed Antisocial Elements then the chosen choosen cheesen religion or spirit was allergic.

Ground yourself with a healing questionnaire as to what are your favourite trees and dogs.

Come to a conclusion that you are SCIENCE, you may proceed and like/dislike a n y faith around !
Old 20-11-2015, 09:26 AM
Guide
I discovered that the teachings of Jesus was based on the Esoteric Kabbalah.
So I began to study the Tree of Life, which lead to a Soul Awakening experience. And I discovered that the Bible, especially the Old Testament has a heavy Kabbalistic content, which Christianity swept under the carpet (I used to be a heavy Christian as well! :-) )

Some books that helped me to study the Tree of Life:

http://www.amazon.com/Garden-Pomegra.../dp/1567181414

http://www.amazon.com/Climbing-Tree-...e+tree+of+life

http://www.gnosticlessons.com/life/

I hope this will help you.
Old 20-11-2015, 11:45 AM
Master
"you understand my policy, there is no such thing as buddhism feelings in some states of India, buddhism was a brainchild of some Indian rulers who were dominated by land and geography and weather"

Miss NRB, Who were these Indian rulers please ?
Old 20-11-2015, 01:32 PM
Experiencer

I like to view the spiritual from a scientific standpoint.

Some people think science is a body of truths. It isn't. Science is a body of theories that are based on a collection of evidences that were observed either through physical experiment or thought experiment. And the theories were tested several times from various angles to see if the results they predicted would come out in the experiments.

For instance, Relativity is just a theory, not a fact. Yet, scientists have uncovered countless examples of it being accurate to the point where every GPS device uses Relativity mathematics in order to calculate a person's position because without it it would be impossible to get accurate data.

This would give evidence that there is a stretching of something called space-time, yet no one has ever observed something called space-time, they have only seen evidence that supports a theory that describes it.

One of my favorite quotes is from an old electronics textbook from the 60's. It said that everything in the book was based on a theory of electricity and that that theory was wrong, but it was the best model that science had come up with at that time. And then it said "Don't worry, this model has worked for billions of people across the world, and it will work for you too."

Today our understanding of electricity is a bit different than back then and because of our new understanding we have made leaps and bounds in our technology.

And, really, it can't be any other way than this. It's impossible for an observer of a medium that is immersed in the medium to know everything about that medium. All they can do is poke around within it and see what results they get, and build on that body of knowledge as time goes on. But they will always be limited by their perspective of being part of the very system they are experimenting on.

That's how I approach spirituality. I look for as much evidence I can find and run experiments on it to see if it will produce the same results. If it does I know I'm on to something and can have a measure of faith in it. At the same time I know that my understanding is wrong and that if I dig a little further I will eventually uncover more evidence that will make me see my model in a new light and force me to modify it. It's a never-ending journey, but always leads to expansion and growth.

--
But that's my way of doing some of it. Here is a video clip from Abraham Hicks where they explain truth and how to find it. It ties in with what has already been said by many on this thread.

https://youtu.be/KvKVeiWFaNk?t=57
Old 20-11-2015, 01:42 PM
Master

The purpose of any true faith is to make 'you' a better, kinder, more generous and loving person, and to bring 'you' closer to God.

There are "many branches to a tree"; many paths. Read around, study the message (the teachings) and the example (the life and lifestyle of the teacher) of each faith and doctrine.

When you find the right path [for you] you will know it.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 28-12-2015, 06:49 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by durgaa
Ask God to direct you in this..
May God reward you a good rewarder that. And may God guide him and us to the right path.

"Praise be to God as much as the number of his creatures" prophet Muhammad.
Old 28-12-2015, 08:50 AM
Ascender

I'd recommend taking a look at buddhism. For me, I suppose it's the base of my spirituality. I don't follow it 100% but with buddhism you don't have to.
I mix it with a bit of Christianity and to a certain extent I'm also some sort of nature worshipper, what sort I don't really know and fortunately at this point in my life I don't really care that much.
But I do believe that if you follow the 5 precepts of Buddhism and the 8 fold path as well as a bit of prayer and meditation you shouldn't go to far wrong