Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 08-01-2011, 01:02 AM
Sangress

Quote:
Its certainly not pure Awareness, in Awareness you wouldn't even see the outer thoughts or feel the stares of others, you would just see everyone as pure being, purer Love.

It all depends on what you definition and understanding of awareness is.

My understanding is that awareness is being able to see and observe what is happening around me both physically and metaphysically.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
It all depends on what you definition and understanding of awareness is.

My understanding is that awareness is being able to see and observe what is happening around me both physically and metaphysically.
I see, thats where we differ, I see Awareness as our true inner Being, in this inner Consciousness its beyond the mind or what is perceived by the mind, so you are right in what you perceive what is going on outside of your self, I'm more towards what is within our true Being. So I'll leave you to it then lol.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:08 AM
celery

Quote:
Everyone's equal, if someone wants to think they're better than someone else....then somehow I don't think it will change the fact that they really aren't.

Nothing to add but
Old 09-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Experiencer
In a for fun group experiment, my paranormal group got together to perform tests on each other. Keep in mind this was not a controlled environment. One of the tests was the stare test. People were in pairs and the coordinator had pre-prepared random action sheets of when to stare and not stare. The starer sits facing the back of the recipient. For each entry the starer would do as the sheet instructed and the recipient would raise their hand if they thought they were being stared at or not. The starer would record the result. The coordinator had a timer and called out each 30 second interval indicating to move onto the next entry.

From this experience, I can say that there was a distinct burning in the back of my head when my partner was staring at me. I believe I had an above-average hit for that test.

I'm not sure how this applies to the death-stare effect, but I know the "eyes in the back of the head" thing is a very common experience for people.

I would also like to add that I believe your definition of awareness can be combined with psychoslice's.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Sangress

That's an interesting experiment, thank you for sharing that, shantyaikya.

Everything around a person can be within and outside the individual. Awareness can be internal or external.

So yes, my definition of awareness can be combined with psychoslice's.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:33 AM
Guthee

I am on the giving end of those glares, never received one I don't think
Old 16-02-2011, 12:37 AM
Endless Nameless

Quote:
Because of this, literally every time someone hostile sets eyes on me I apparently "pin" them with my gaze. I know this because numerous people have told me that they literally become paralyzed with fear when I give them my "death stare" and they often feel that an immense stifling

I guarantee you could not do this to a sociopath.
Old 16-02-2011, 01:30 AM
Sangress

Quote:
I guarantee you could not do this to a sociopath.

Well, sociopaths have trouble recognizing and expressing their emotions, it does not mean they do not HAVE emotions at all.

So, it depends on whether the particular sociopath is able to express fear in any form, or whether this Death Stare effect works through perceptions or natural instincts.

I would say that there's an 80% chance it would not work on a sociopath if the Death Stare did not effect a persons natural fight or flight reflex before their own conscious perception itself.

I'm no expert here, simply going by my own understanding of sociopaths and my own experiences with the Death Stare.
Old 16-02-2011, 05:17 AM
Endless Nameless

Well, they're already dead inside.
Old 16-02-2011, 06:47 AM
Sangress

Incorrect. That's just urban legend.

Also, you obviously didn't read what I wrote above carefully enough (or at all) because my first sentence (which is a fact) clearly states the opposite of what you said.

I personally know that Dissociative and Depressive people are the ones who are numb or dead inside, not sociopaths.

Sociopaths are prone to being frustrated inside and having sudden outbursts of rage as a result of being unable to express their emotions effectively.

Sociopaths are emotionally challenged, not emotionally numb or dead.

In future I think you might want to try doing some real research before you get into a debate about something like this because it's a bit of a drag to have a 5 word response to something that could have actually been interesting.

*Shakes head*