Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 04-10-2017, 10:29 PM
Experiencer
Reading the obstacle position

Hey there!
I sometimes have a hard time reading cards in their positions... especially obstacle/challenge positions.
Do you guys tend to read the theme of the card itself as the obstacle? Or do you tend to interpret the card as it's reversed meaning?

Just for example, if I take the sun as an obstacle, would you read it as being overly optimistic about something? Or about not having enough faith, optimism, etc?

Old 04-10-2017, 10:37 PM
Master

I tend to just use my intuition, whichever meaning jumps out at me most :)

Which can be easier to say than to do. Practice makes it easier to identify what the cards are trying to tell you :)
Old 05-10-2017, 03:07 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily
I tend to just use my intuition, whichever meaning jumps out at me most :)

Which can be easier to say than to do. Practice makes it easier to identify what the cards are trying to tell you :)

In my case, there is most often a whole bunch of meanings that pop at once, and I never know which fits best anymore lol. It seems like the more I know about the cards and all their potential meanings, the more lost I get in all the possibilities...
Old 05-10-2017, 03:23 AM
Master

practice makes it easier :) Have you tried any of the game threads?

But also, it can be hard to read for yourself! We're often invested in a particular outcome. When you read for someone else, it's easier to be more objective.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:26 AM
55Degrees

If a card is in the obstacle position then I tend to do both of the above. I look at its negative aspects and see what my intuition picks up on. If it's an obstacle/challenge then it's going to be something to surmount or strive for.