Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 24-07-2015, 05:58 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Vegan vitamin B12 supplements are made from bacteria cultures. They are not 'unnatural' or containing any synthetic products or unnecessary chemicals:

http://www.veganhealth.org/b12/vegansources

Vegans usually don't live on pills. They eat lovely and very tasty food! But it's wise to make sure things like Vitamin B12 and Omega 3 is taken in sufficient quantity, so a supplement is sensible as well as the tasty food! Most vegans will make sure their supplements are good ones, and not some artificial chemical gunk.
And the cost of those supplements isn't a problem. An Omega-3 supplement, when the expense is broken down into weekly cost, works out at the same price as three cans of Mackerel or Salmon per week!

Yes Magnesium is very important. There are many foods which contain Magnesium, and many of them are suitable for vegans.
At least most meat-avoiders, who don't eat pills to supplement the vital nutrients-vitamins, will suffer badly health wise both bodily and mentally. There are so many examples that come very obvious when conversing with some of them. They are hurting themselves.
But what I wonder is does "vegan" dogma consider eating pills, of any kind, okay? Personally, if I had to eat some pills that don't contain anything harmful to give my body something it cannot get any other way in required quantities, I'd be okay with that. I'd be okay with it because I don't label myself and I don't follow any dogma. But those who consider themselves "vegans" do follow a dogma; does eating pills contradict that dogma?

Another thing I'm wondering now. Vegans consider animals (mammals, birds, fish) as superior than plants and thus exempt from being used as food. Also superior than bacteria? But what about insects? I know many vegans, by eating plants, unknowingly also consume tiny insects. But insects are also animals. There are insects that can barely be seen with the eyes... is it okay for a vegan to eat them? And how could one remove all those insects from the plant without harming them? Can't wash them off for that would drown them...
Also, some vegans definitely drink sea water... But the thing is sea water contains plankton... among whom are also tiny sea animals, just like tiny insects are on plants... Is it okay for a vegan to eat (drink) plankton?
And when running, can happen that an insect, flies right down a vegans mouth... Is that okay too? Or will "karma" (the way some understand karma, but not as I know it) make the vegan suffer the same fate in a next life? Down a running vegan mouth? And the same with the tiny insects on plants and plankton?
Or are the tiny insects and plankton inferior than other animals and thus exempt from the rules "don't eat animals; don't kill animals"?
These questions... are kind of funny... (Which I didn't intend them to be, they just turned out so...) But definitely valid.

I eat lovely and very tasty food also! Same things "meat-avoiders" eat. Only difference is my variety of food is bigger, as my diet includes meats as well.
And because I eat meats too I don't need to supplement B12 or O3, because I get them from meats, and I get from meats many other vital things also and in the quantities my body requires them.
I wouldn't stop eating meats even if I wanted to, as by avoiding meat I would destroy my health and body (primarily due to having to eat far too much sugar-starches to get my daily energy, and thus far too much fiber; and I couldn't keep doing many physical exercises-training I like also, due to the resulting severe protein deficiency). If I eat a little bit too much plants (thus too much sugar and fiber), I get stomach and gut issues quickly. I eat too much plants for a few days, and it takes 1-2 weeks to heal from the damage done.

Many who start avoiding meat never consider this: "Is my body built to sustain avoiding meat without suffering too much health wise?"
Old 24-07-2015, 05:44 PM
Master

http://money.cnn.com/video/news/2015...?iid=obnetwork

Thankfully, there is a better way to relate to birds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11745420_1206695522689774_8471951029626122619_n.jpg (43.0 KB, 2 views)
Old 28-07-2015, 01:58 AM
Super Moderator
You seem to dislike 'meat-avoiders' nummi....
I used to like meat very much. I used to eat it raw. I liked the salty bloody taste of it. After a while I ate it cooked. But I still liked bacon very much! I first stopped eating meat because it wouldn't keep without a really cool storage space (I lived in a barn on a mountain)
Much much later I stopped eating meat altogether because I didn't like the way animals were treated in the 'meat industry'. And because if I couldn't eat my dog, how could I eat a sheep or a pig? That was my only reason. Not any 'holier-than-thou' reason.

And with careful management, I am no less fit now in my sixties, relatively-speaking than I was when I ate meat in my twenties (taken into account that I am getting older of course! Can't run as long and as far as I used to, but I think that's more to do with being over 60 than it is to do with not eating meat.)
Old 28-07-2015, 07:07 PM
Master

http://www.howdoigovegan.com/
Old 29-07-2015, 06:48 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
You seem to dislike 'meat-avoiders' nummi....
I used to like meat very much. I used to eat it raw. I liked the salty bloody taste of it. After a while I ate it cooked. But I still liked bacon very much! I first stopped eating meat because it wouldn't keep without a really cool storage space (I lived in a barn on a mountain)
Much much later I stopped eating meat altogether because I didn't like the way animals were treated in the 'meat industry'. And because if I couldn't eat my dog, how could I eat a sheep or a pig? That was my only reason. Not any 'holier-than-thou' reason.

And with careful management, I am no less fit now in my sixties, relatively-speaking than I was when I ate meat in my twenties (taken into account that I am getting older of course! Can't run as long and as far as I used to, but I think that's more to do with being over 60 than it is to do with not eating meat.)
What I dislike is that almost all meat-avoiders I've encounter lie. They say something untrue to be true, and they say that untruth applies to all, when it is so obvious it does not apply to all. If they kept what they say within the bounds where it applies, then there would be no wrongs to bring out. They force their beliefs onto those on whom those beliefs do not apply. They are lying and being disrespectful to others and themselves.
So in response to that I am firm in pointing out what is not true, and how much of it approximately is true.

Meat stays good and edible for long periods, 1-3 months at least.
That the meat, when in moist conditions, can get slimy and smell, is no problem. You scrape the slime off and the meat is edible and still tastes good.
There are people who specifically put meat into jars and let it sit for weeks or months before eating it. Because certain bacteria "predigest" it and create many beneficial substances, and feed gut bacteria when that meat is eaten by people. It is a form of fermentation, except not with plants, but with meats. The same is done with fish, though fish don't keep as long.
If meat is left outside, to hang or other ways where air can get around it, it will dry on the surface. It might get moldy. But it is still good and edible, and this way the taste becomes quite wonderful.
What I have noticed is that when the meat is fresh, then after about a week it becomes "unpalatable" in the sense that instinctively don't want to eat it, but then after another week something changes and it becomes very palatable.
And then there's dry-aging the meat. It can last for years like this in the right conditions without going "bad".

That animals are treated bad in the meat industry does not mean animals are treated bad absolutely everywhere. There are farms and places where animals are treated well, very well. You don't need to eat "meat-industry" meat just because such abomination exists. Find farmers and places that respect and keep animals well, and eat that meat.
I don't eat meat-industry meat either, because it's toxic garbage. And I never would eat that garbage. But that doesn't mean I have to stop eating meat, especially if there are farmers who respect and make sure their animals live a good life.

You could eat your dog if you wanted to. That's your decision, not someone else's. The "authority" might regard eating a dog as wrong, but do they decide how you live your life? Do you allow others to decide how you live your life and how you may think or not? Some people also keep pigs and sheep as pets, and other people eat the same animals.
Just because someone has an animal as a pet does not mean that animal may not be eaten. Depends why you are keeping the animal around yourself. You don't need to eat every animal you encounter...

Not being able to run as long and as far has extremely little to do with the number of years lived. It has almost everything to do with health and under which conditions the body has developed over the years lived. The more I encounter the "aging" issue, the more I realize that "age" is the bodily breaking and failure to keep going with strong health due to less than optimal conditions. Conditions like toxins and poisons, mineral-vitamin-nutrient deficiencies, bad-wrong thinking and emotions, etc.
How long one has lived and "age" are essentially two completely different things that have nearly no relation between each other. After all, there are people who have lived well over 100 years, and maintained good and strong health in all regards throughout their lives.
Health getting worse the longer you live, the conventional understanding of "aging", is a symptom of poor living conditions and poor diet and thinking. It is an illness.
Health should be strong and well no matter how long you've lived.
Old 29-07-2015, 06:25 PM
Master

http://vegankit.com/why
Old 31-07-2015, 03:21 AM
Knower
Pros: eating lower organized consciousness, less dense energy, not as many steps between sun energy and yourself. Also the biggest one is prevention of suffering

Cons: Hard to stick with, requires much discipline and focus, not always possible due to economic, environmental, psychological factors. If not done correctly can be harmful.