Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 28-11-2016, 08:48 AM
Pathfinder

Which crystals should I invest in first?

I have always wanted my own crystals. When I was 6 or 7ish I was OBSESSED with them and even wished my name was Crystal lol!

I've been thinking for a while about finally starting my own collection, but, yeah.. I guess I'm curious as to what everyone likes.

I guess I'd like some that are good for protection & emotional healing?? Anyone have any recommendations? :)

Oh! And how do you like to cleanse them?
Old 28-11-2016, 12:00 PM
Experiencer
I would pick a crystal I am attracted to most....I love rose quartz for emotional healing and for protection...i wear turquoise but is is a stone

I tend to put crystals in glass bowl filled with water in sunlight to cleanse them.

God bless you
Old 28-11-2016, 12:19 PM
Master
It's too personal to give recommendations.
Most would likely say rose quartz, amethyst, clear quartz, but I never liked those. At all.
It's about what you're drawn to, which could be anything. There is no default.

For me it started with citrine and if I look at what I got now, I have a lot of opals and calcites. Oddly enough I never really fancied opals and calcites, yet... I ended up with a lot of 'em
Not Australian opals, got none of those, but other types (Madagascar, Ethiopian, Oregon, Andes opal etc etc)

I don't usually like opaque crystals, I prefer (semi) transparent. In particular dislike jaspers. Always have. Not entirely sure why, but they really really nark me, and that's understatement, lol
I love crystals with Lemurian energies and/or high vibrations.
Old 30-11-2016, 08:42 AM
Experiencer
It's certainly a matter of personal taste and opinion. I think a good starting point would be quartz. Quartz is fairly abundant and it's available in all sorts of colours and varieties. Some of the quartz clusters I have collected are:

Clear quartz/rainbow quartz
Black quartz
Rose quartz
Amethyst
Smokey quartz
Yellow quartz
Green phantom quartz
Pink Quartz
Red Quartz ( well actually I don't have this yet but it's on it's way in the mail from China )
Citrine ( many would classify this in the quartz family )

I like quartz because you can get really large 10-30 lbs specimens for a few hundred bucks at the right places online and they look so impressive around the house.

I started out collecting quartz clusters and now I have a few other types as well. I find Fluorite really amazing to collect too. It's even more colourful, in some cases multi colour and really not too much more than quartz.

Collecting crystals can be extremely fun and rewarding. It can however become somewhat addictive as other members have pointed out. I am a prime example of that spending way too much on them. But it's a hobby I love and enjoy. But now I have to seriously cut back on buying them because they are all laying around the house everywhere on book shelves, on coffee tables/dining room tables, my kitchen counter, my dressers/side tables/ hell even in my bathroom.
Old 30-11-2016, 04:20 PM
Knower

I would aim for getting a stone for each chakra, but the stones you pick should be done intuitively. For instance, some people swear by amethyst but I personally prefer lepidolite.
Old 30-11-2016, 05:30 PM
Administrator
Hello

I like the idea of one for each Chakra or an pendent that has them all on it in one unit. I have a Lapis that has stones of each Chakra on it.
I have put some of my favorites down. Crystals you will find choose you at time not you choosing them. While there are guidelines to what works well in general they can be individual.

Example is Tigers Eye very popular for many things yet I so repel it from me but it works well for my Twin Flame husband. For him my Ocean Jasper Sediment gives him the hebie jepbies.

Here are some stones that go to some of the Chakras
Jasper, Garnet, Onyx, Ruby go to the Root Chakra
Hematite, Moonstone go to the Sacral Chakra
Citrine, Amber, Topaz go to the Solar Plexus Chakra
Rose Quartz, Fluorite go to the Heart Chakra
Aquamarine, Turquoise go to the Throat Chakra
Sapphire, Turquoise, Amethyst go to the Third Eye Chakra (Brow)
Clear Quartz and Amethyst go to the Crown Chakra

Clear Quartz -
Cleanses, strengthens, and protects.
Opens one to the higher consciousness.
Helps to connect one to the inner spark.
Helps to balance the immune system.

Obsidian -
Protective in removing general negativities .
Good for turning negative energy into positive energy.
Travels well in energy from the person with it.

Lynn

Old 13-12-2016, 04:55 AM
Pathfinder

Thanks for the info, everyone!
"For there to be beauty of face, clarity of speech, benevolence and firmness of character, shadow is as needful as light. They are not opponents: they stand, rather, lovingly hand in hand, and when light disappears, shadow slips away after it."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 13-12-2016, 04:57 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal canuck
It's certainly a matter of personal taste and opinion. I think a good starting point would be quartz. Quartz is fairly abundant and it's available in all sorts of colours and varieties. Some of the quartz clusters I have collected are:

Clear quartz/rainbow quartz
Black quartz
Rose quartz
Amethyst
Smokey quartz
Yellow quartz
Green phantom quartz
Pink Quartz
Red Quartz ( well actually I don't have this yet but it's on it's way in the mail from China )
Citrine ( many would classify this in the quartz family )

I like quartz because you can get really large 10-30 lbs specimens for a few hundred bucks at the right places online and they look so impressive around the house.

I started out collecting quartz clusters and now I have a few other types as well. I find Fluorite really amazing to collect too. It's even more colourful, in some cases multi colour and really not too much more than quartz.

Collecting crystals can be extremely fun and rewarding. It can however become somewhat addictive as other members have pointed out. I am a prime example of that spending way too much on them. But it's a hobby I love and enjoy. But now I have to seriously cut back on buying them because they are all laying around the house everywhere on book shelves, on coffee tables/dining room tables, my kitchen counter, my dressers/side tables/ hell even in my bathroom.

Your house must look beautiful with all the crystals dotted here and there!
"For there to be beauty of face, clarity of speech, benevolence and firmness of character, shadow is as needful as light. They are not opponents: they stand, rather, lovingly hand in hand, and when light disappears, shadow slips away after it."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 13-12-2016, 05:01 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

I like the idea of one for each Chakra or an pendent that has them all on it in one unit. I have a Lapis that has stones of each Chakra on it.

I have put some of my favorites down. Crystals you will find choose you at time not you choosing them. While there are guidelines to what works well in general they can be individual.

Example is Tigers Eye very popular for many things yet I so repel it from me but it works well for my Twin Flame husband. For him my Ocean Jasper Sediment gives him the hebie jepbies.

Here are some stones that go to some of the Chakras
Jasper, Garnet, Onyx, Ruby go to the Root Chakra
Hematite, Moonstone go to the Sacral Chakra
Citrine, Amber, Topaz go to the Solar Plexus Chakra
Rose Quartz, Fluorite go to the Heart Chakra
Aquamarine, Turquoise go to the Throat Chakra
Sapphire, Turquoise, Amethyst go to the Third Eye Chakra (Brow)
Clear Quartz and Amethyst go to the Crown Chakra

Clear Quartz -
Cleanses, strengthens, and protects.
Opens one to the higher consciousness.
Helps to connect one to the inner spark.
Helps to balance the immune system.

Obsidian -
Protective in removing general negativities .
Good for turning negative energy into positive energy.
Travels well in energy from the person with it.

Lynn

Last year I bought an obsidian pendant necklace and I loved it! I accidentally fell asleep with it on though, and the chain broke :( Have yet to fix it, but I do love obsidian :)
Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 14-12-2016, 07:29 PM
Master
There are so many wonderful crystals!! so I will just list some of my personal favorites or ones I feel called to mention, since others have given you nice basic information and insight into collecting for the chakras etc which is worthwhile and practically mandatory hehe.

to cleanse them I have figured out basically what heals crystals is what heals us and most life on Earth.. and that is... most life on Earth lol. and beyond of course. that is why water and sunlight and salt and the ground and other crystals and smoke smudging and all this is used, cuz it's all about life and our intentions of course, because that is an amazing energy too which I am only beginning to understand. but I do have some evidence that our minds can give off similar energy as our physical bodies and other things on Earth. negative ions is something to consider and you'll find most of nature gives these off, and I think human movement (physical and perhaps energetic movement/consciousness in general like meditations and intentions and love) creates negative ions too. also called anions. positive ions are the "bad" ones and generally include pollutive stuff like poisons, synthetics, parasites, radiation etc.. so anyway most of Earth gives off negative ions naturally and they are part of lifeforce energy it seems.

ok without further ado lol here are my suggestions <3 enjoy your journey I think it is definitely worth it, but make sure that you get enough crystals before you go broke so you can build yourself a new home with them haha or you might not have one anymore

apophyllite pyramid
stilbite
(those are zeolite crystals and there is research about their real healing properties and purification capability, also the next stone on the list has even more research and is antibacterial and all that too, and anti-radiation!)
shungite
larimar
rainbow moonstone or any moonstone
opal, especially white ethiopian
turquoise
lapis lazuli
tourmaline (research on this one too, it gives off far infrared rays and other healing properties)
labradorite
quartz all
calcite all
amazonite
kunzite
emerald (rough pieces can be very inexpensive)
serpentine
bloodstone
mystic merlinite (buy a pound of this from Fantasia Mining if you can as they sell crystals from the mines they frequent and you can be assured it is real or good quality at a fair or impressive price. people tend to jack up the price of individual stones and with shipping charges online that makes sense too but there are great deals out there.. you just might not want to buy as many pounds of crystals as I have haha.. many are $10 a pound or less though, and $20 or $30 a pound for a less common stone like lapis lazuli or turquoise which is so worth it. if you are going to go through Fantasia Mining and have cash to spare they offer discounts and shipping combination on orders of a hundred dollars or more. and I have no affiliation wth them except that I bought many of my crystals from them lol due to the good deals and genuine offering of stones from the source so there is no question or doubt of quality and identification/authenticity)

oh there are so many lol... why don't you share what you are thinking and leaning toward or have already obtained?

dark crystals are generally especially useful for protection, and watery stones like moonstone and opal are wonderful for emotional issues, though you may want something more grounding (which the dark colored crystals usually are but there are many and a green one may be ideal, like aventurine a very common one great for emotions too) so you can assess and progress more clearly. but use and get whatever crystals you feel like I promise that is pretty much the best advice.. to go to a crystal shop you can pick up the stones and see which ones are calling your name hehe or cooing when you cradle them please do keep us posted