Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 01-08-2019, 07:41 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Makes sense to me, Busby. In relation to 'the urgent need' referenced in your last sentence, check out my response to Slayer of Light above.

Re-reading your contribution as above once again created the picture I often have in my mind of us conscious beings (I can't describe 'us' in any other way) existing in octaves.
The (old) idea that there are seven steps to 'heaven' lends itself perfectly to an imagined scale of 7 octaves each one in itself divided into seven 'notes'.
We move up and down the octave we are in according to the music we play and how well we play it on our instrument of choice.
What we play is left to us, we have the freedom of choosing, we can descend or ascend - we can move into a whole new octave, sometimes because of the note we are at that moment playing we find ourselves transposed for a few seconds into another full octave and, once back in our place wonder at what we have just seen.
Maybe, and I say this very carefully, if at our death we are busy playing the top note of our tune we slip into the bottom note of the next higher full octave - the Buddhist conception of our 'soul' leaving the highest of seven Chakras.
The intention of playing our chosen music within the context of an octave results in each of us being part of the same collective 'orchestra' challenged to rise into that which Emerson called the Flower and Head of all living nature.
Something which I strongly believe.
Old 01-08-2019, 01:30 PM
Master

Hi Centered,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centered
I often wonder what the point is, why exactly we are here on this plane of existence. If we come from an all knowing source, from the oneness, from an eternal with no end, then end up in this matrix of chaos that appears to be finite. What's the point?

...To realize in actuality, in and through the individual life, what is otherwise only a theory or possibility in the physical. If we did not incarnate in to this 'matrix' of chaos, ignorance and limitation, we would not be able to do this.

We do come from and ARE essentially the One Self, all knowing, eternal, etc., but that Oneness has been conditionally divided up and plunged into an oblivion of Self, a darkness from which we as individuals have the opportunity to emerge from, evolve, and progress into the Light. That is the point of both the Cosmic Creation in general, but more specifically as available to individuals - an unfathomable blessing.

~ J
Old 01-08-2019, 03:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
We do come from and ARE essentially the One Self, all knowing, eternal, etc., but that Oneness has been conditionally divided up and plunged into an oblivion of Self, a darkness from which we as individuals have the opportunity to emerge from, evolve, and progress into the Light. That is the point of both the Cosmic Creation in general, but more specifically as available to individuals - an unfathomable blessing.
I 'view' this (our 'world'ly environment) as a kind of (albeit sometimes quite tough! ) 'love' nursery/hatchery wherein and whereby 'new' (previously non-existent) souls may, if they develop to maturity (not all do!), become functionally full-fledged 'partners' in said One Self's 'business' (which is Love creating and enjoying more Love - why? for the Joy of it! methinks).

Inasmuch as the 'new' souls are offshoots of the One Self, they have said One Self's 'nature' embedded within them, albeit they start out being 'unconscious' as to the 'greatness' of its 'power' and 'glory' (for want of better words). Hence the idea of our playing a hide-and-seek 'game' in which the 'goal' of said 'new' souls is to progressively (by way of learning from experience over the course of our incarnations) 'find', or discover, what/who we really soulfully are.

There is much more to the 'game' than this, however. Becoming what we choose to be, like college students choosing a 'major', is an important aspect of the 'game'. The idea of just 'losing' or 'giving up' all sense of having a unique (special?) 'i'dentity is just a shilly-shally boondoggle which peeps who wish to shirk personal response-ability get caught up in - for a while, that is - IMO. Every 'leaf', 'flower' and 'fruit' on the 'tree' of Life is functionally important!

Last edited by davidsun : 01-08-2019 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:38 PM
Master
Quote:
I 'view' this (our 'world'ly environment) as a kind of (albeit sometimes quite tough! ) 'love' nursery/hatchery wherein and whereby 'new' (previously non-existent) souls may, if they develop to maturity (not all do!), become functionally full-fledged 'partners' in said One Self's 'business' (which is Love creating and enjoying more Love - why? for the Joy of it! methinks).

Inasmuch as the 'new' souls are offshoots of the One Self, they have said One Self's 'nature' embedded within them, albeit they start out being 'unconscious' as to the 'greatness' of its 'power' and 'glory' (for want of better words). Hence the idea of our playing a hide-and-seek 'game' in which the 'goal' of said 'new' souls is to progressively (by way of learning from experience over the course of our incarnations) 'find', or discover, what/who we really soulfully are.

There is much more to the 'game' than this, however. Becoming what we choose to be, like college students choosing a 'major', is an important aspect of the 'game'. The idea of just losing or 'giving up' all sense of having a unique (special?) 'i'dentity is just a shilly-shally boondoggle which peeps who wish to shirk personal response-ability get caught up in - for a while, that is - IMO. Every 'leaf', 'flower' and 'fruit' on the 'tree' of Life is functionally important!

Bravo!

Old 02-08-2019, 10:36 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Life is the experience and expression (the 'being' and 'doing') of Love and Joy. It isn't about what you don't love and enjoy, party-pooper!

From my treatise:
The short version of ‘the full story’ is that, with the benefit of having both (‘unsuccessful’ and ‘successful’) kinds of experiences, souls may incrementally become aware of the ins and outs of the multivarious kinds of liabilities that attend ‘petty’ selfishness and (so) in due course choose as well as ultimately manage to transcend any and all selfish-‘i’dentity based inclinations, such that they eventually become fully functionally capable of and completely devoted to optimizing and augmenting The Entity of Life’s Love and Joy Flow (beyond the scope of their ‘own’ selfish one) and from then on live in a state of ‘at oneness’ (i.e. in conjunction) with said ever‑ongoing process forever (i.e. ‘eternally’) thereafter. The alternative possibility in this ‘ultimate’ regard, of course, being that souls may completely capital ‘F’(!) Fail to do and be so.

The latter possibility derives from the fact that, if and as a soul reacts, as all selfish-ego ensconced (hence ‘immature’ in psychospiritual terms) souls are prone to at least sometimes do, to the frustration(s) and disappointment(s) of personal wishes, hopes, and expectations by becoming even more selfish-gratification oriented (the idea that Life presents us with a series of ‘tests’ which we may either ‘pass’ or ‘fail’ pertains here), and if such all too human reactional tendency isn’t somehow ‘disarmed’ and ‘neutralized’,* such that a soul persists in becoming more so, it may eventually become so mentally and emotionally ‘i’solated in the ‘bubble’ of its own ‘petty’ selfishness that whatever inclination and capacity it may have had to experience and express Love and Joy in relation to and with others shrinks and shrivels (i.e. devolves) to the point where it finally becomes completely unloving and unjoyful in relation to Life. What then ‘happens’ (since the Essence of Life is Love and Joy and that is what our Entity is actually the living expression of) is that such soul just ‘blinks out’ and ‘vanishes’ as a psychospiritual pattern (or ‘entity’) from the ‘field’ of Life and therefore completely ‘loses’ the possibility of ever incarnating again as a unit. There is no Love and Joy ‘kernel’ left which can then possibly (re)incarnate and thereby learn and ‘grow’ to the point where it nodally integrates with and thereafter ‘eternally’ lives on as a full-fledged ‘member’ of the ‘Body’ of Life.
Footnote*:*Note, if your experience is presently hellish: horrible-to-go-through experiences, variously described as ‘dark nights of the soul’, ‘hitting bottom’ and ‘ego-death’, will in retrospect be seen as having actually been selfishness ‘disarming’ and ‘neutralizing’ boons in the above regard. Hence the wisdom of Jesus’ regarding and speaking of being ‘poor in spirit’, ‘mourning’ and becoming ‘meekas psychospiritually propitious (see Matthew 5:3-5).

Also:
Here’s a ‘fable’ worth contemplating in the above regard: “God (i.e. what many call 'God') ‘gives’ people every (kind of) thing they could possibly love and enjoy or imagine loving and enjoying and then, one by one, takes these away from them and/or places the possibility of their ‘having’ them (again, in the former case) out of reach, such that all they are then left with (that is, should they then choose to themselves be and continue so) is the Love and Joy they were thereby soulfully introduced to, which Love and Joy is Life Itself!”

Life is not meant to be a rollercoaster ride, David. We aren't here to express love and joy in order to please some deity. We are here simply because a star went supernova and left a nebula cloud behind from which our solar system (and eventually us) was formed. Nothing more or less. From there on, we set our own goals and missions so that we have something worth living for, but there actually isn't a true meaning for our existence. We are just here and that's it.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Life is not meant to be a rollercoaster ride, David. We aren't here to express love and joy in order to please some deity. We are here simply because a star went supernova and left a nebula cloud behind from which our solar system (and eventually us) was formed. Nothing more or less. From there on, we set our own goals and missions so that we have something worth living for, but there actually isn't a true meaning for our existence. We are just here and that's it.
We all have theories about. i.e. 'make meaning' about, our existence(s). In your view, the existence and going 'super'nova of stars and so the body you live in which derives from such happening(s) is a happening which has no 'significance' beyond just being what it is. I get that.

Oh, by the way: A star going supernova creates quite an unavoidable 'rollercoaster ride' for all its 'elements' - that's my observation, at least.

P.S. I don't believe in 'deities' either, just 'gods' (such as our selves) that Love and enJoy experiencing and expressing their own 'nature' (which I believe is 'universally' Love and Joy oriented - though it sure can get warped and turned bass-ackward at times!).

And I don't believe we are here to 'please' anyone else. When I speak of 'serving' the cause of Life, I mean doing that because one Love's and enJoys Life and so voluntarily chooses to make the most of It. Ego-preserving and ego-gratifiying (i.e. selfish) motives and desires often get in the way of such maximization - according to my 'theory' at least.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:44 PM
Master
Why Are We Even Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centered
I often wonder what the point is, why exactly we are here on this plane of existence. If we come from an all knowing source, from the oneness, from an eternal with no end, then end up in this matrix of chaos that appears to be finite. What's the point?

Hi Centered,

I think much of the answer to your excellent question, could be "centered" on this: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...&postcount=125

BTW: I am in awe of the quality of the respondent's answers to your post, which is commensurate with the quality of your inquiry.

Accordingly, I leave this answer to the "point" of your inquiry....in your hands.

Enjoy!
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 10-08-2019, 06:46 PM
Master
I'd say we're here to experience love for self and others. Love gives life meaning. Therefore I'd say we're here for loves sake.