Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 09-04-2012, 03:52 AM
Master
Well I'll bee...it looks stemmy too - but waay taller, lol. Even in the strong sunlight, it's a very bold, vivid color flower. Love it.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound

Wow! They look like kumquats encased in a protective web. How gorgeous!
Old 09-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
It is isnt it SG ... and you know I didnt even look at the name when I was photographing them ... I think they are Chinese Bell Flowers though, which also can look like these in the pic below ... fascinating .... nature just blows my mind away every time :) ...

That's funny when I saw this one, first thing I thought was, they resemble 'chinese lanterns' with the flame-like orange fruit and paper-like shell. Exquisite indeed, some really fantastic images guys.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:14 PM
Master
Those unusual little flowers have attracted quite a lot of attention lol ... I found a pic of the flower before/while it sheds its skin ...

Old 10-04-2012, 03:22 AM
Master
That's one awesome picture, sound. I'm glad you found it. I don't think I could ever stop being in awe of good ol' Mother Nature.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Master
Makes me hungry.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Master
They look like cherry tomatoes ... they are probably deadly haha ... but you know what they remind me of also ... when we were younger we lived outback. The flies were so thick at different times so my mum made us these protective head covers which were made of netting ... they were like space helmets and were elasticised at the top and bottom and kept the flies at bay while we enjoyed our play :) we probably looked a bit weird to anyone passing through but they worked a treat ...
Old 10-04-2012, 12:05 PM
Suspended
HHHAHHHHAAHAHHHAHAHHA Kate - I don't suppose you've got any photographs of you in those space helmets.......

These first two photographs are the same tulips I posted recently (which hadn't fully opened). They're gorgeous - I'd forgotten how pretty the insides were.

I found this dainty little hyacinth (I think) on its own just at the side of the tulips and thought it deserved to be immortalised.

And finally, a double-trumpet daffodil. At least I think that's what they're called.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
HHHAHHHHAAHAHHHAHAHHA Kate - I don't suppose you've got any photographs of you in those space helmets.......

Hahahaha ... no photos Squatch ... the old brownie camera was used for very special occasions I think lol

Wow ... an aerial view of the tulip ... how beautiful! The double daffodil is special too ... so that is a hyacinth flower ... when I lived on the farm, the river would sometimes get choked up with hyacinth and we used to harvest it and use it on the garden as the bulbs are almost pure nitrogen ... brilliant fertilizer ... if individuals didnt attempt to remove it from the river where it met their land the council would have it sprayed with some deadly toxin, with the risk of the overspray getting into the water tanks on the house ... maybe it is not the same plant as that little one you have there ...

Like this ...

Old 10-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Master
Talking

Yes - my mom had them in her flower bed - and we kids would eat them - because - um they were called 'grape hyacinths!' ~grin~

Great story, sound - leave it to good ol' mom to come up with the space helmets. love it.

I meant to say wOO on those tulips - awesome~